What detailing products have you bought today...

BTS22

Applied Oracle on Saturday, instantly darkened the black plastics, ease to apply and remove.

Had no rain as of yet so will have to wait and see what the beading effect it. States that it lasts 2 years so I'm hoping not to have to re-apply for a good while.

Would definitely recommend.

Having looked at Oracle this morning on the net it appears to be a great product. A quick search only revealed this to be commonly used as a paint of wheel sealant. Can you provide a link to clarify the product used please? Apologies in advance if I've overlooked anything!

This is what I used: http://carboncollective.com/product/oracle-inorganic-paint-coating-kit-30ml/

They do make a variety of sealants including glass, paint and wheels.

Spot on, thanks for that. On the face of it seems expensive but I guess if a little goes a long way as well as the great durability and multi surface uses then it'll soon pay for itself.

Today's purchase.....bit of research led me to Sonax Extreme Hybid NPT sealant. Seems like a great product for shine and durability and one to be topped with Sonax BSD. Both very easy to apply and buff off. Any personal experiences anyone?

Spot on, thanks for that. On the face of it seems expensive but I guess if a little goes a long way as well as the great durability and multi surface uses then it'll soon pay for itself.

I bought the 5ml sample they offer as I knew I only wanted to do the plastics on my A3. Could do a whole car with the large bottle! 

• 2 weeks later...

Started looking at water filtration...... 19L DI Vessel arrived and much needed after i measured my current tap water at 78ppm TDS.

Results after were 1-2ppm on first use... hoping that will settle down to 0ppm when the vessel has more than one use.

14222361_10208514561716215_1248150187821

• Like 2

Nice one Ste, excellent addition and one I have been contemplating. Out of interest, how much did the set up cost you/which one did you go for? Will save so much heartache when drying dark coloured cars in summer!

• Like 1

Nice one Ste, excellent addition and one I have been contemplating.

Out of interest, how much did the set up cost you/which one did you go for?

Will save so much heartache when drying dark coloured cars in summer!

Thanks for the comment Neil - hope you are doing well buddy! :thumbup:

I spoke with Alan at AMDetails - he put me in the direction of a company on Amazon.... IWE?

So based on my expected regime of 2 cars a week - i opted for the 19L Vessel with resin and fittings.

They were helpful enough and sent through the PDF's and data on the resin supplied.

...the smaller 11L is more popular - but the price delta was not so bad to move to the 19L.

Link Below:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Litre-FULL-Resin-Vessel-fittings/dp/B01H5P004S/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473065770&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=19L+DI+vessel

• Like 2

What are the costs of replacement resin packs Samuir?

If you follow the link in my earlier post and look under the seller's shop items - there are a few options on resin re-fill packs.

At the moment - i hope my 19L pre-filled vessel will last 10-12 months..... so i'll look at prices nearer the time to change.

MB-115 resin is the recommended type, or so i have been told.

• Like 1

I should also say - my initial purchase was the digital TDS water meter.... to check the levels & need for filtration.

TDS Meter info from Google:

A TDS Meter indicates the Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) of a solution, i.e. the concentration of dissolved solid particles.

Dissolved ionized solids, such as salts and minerals, increase the electrical conductivity (EC) of a solution.

Because it is a volume measure of ionized solids, EC can be used to estimate TDS.

Anyway - available for about £5... link below...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-LCD-TEMP-PPM-TDS-Meter-Tester-Filter-Pen-Stick-Water-Quality-Purity-New-/141907890275?hash=item210a5e9063:g:1VkAAOSwv9hW6LY6

1836px-Tds-meter.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the comment Neil - hope you are doing well buddy! :thumbup:

I spoke with Alan at AMDetails - he put me in the direction of a company on Amazon.... IWE?

So based on my expected regime of 2 cars a week - i opted for the 19L Vessel with resin and fittings.

They were helpful enough and sent through the PDF's and data on the resin supplied.

...the smaller 11L is more popular - but the price delta was not so bad to move to the 19L.

Link Below:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Litre-FULL-Resin-Vessel-fittings/dp/B01H5P004S/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473065770&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=19L+DI+vessel

I should also say - my initial purchase was the digital TDS water meter.... to check the levels & need for filtration.

TDS Meter info from Google:

A TDS Meter indicates the Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) of a solution, i.e. the concentration of dissolved solid particles.

Dissolved ionized solids, such as salts and minerals, increase the electrical conductivity (EC) of a solution.

Because it is a volume measure of ionized solids, EC can be used to estimate TDS.

Anyway - available for about £5... link below...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-LCD-TEMP-PPM-TDS-Meter-Tester-Filter-Pen-Stick-Water-Quality-Purity-New-/141907890275?hash=item210a5e9063:g:1VkAAOSwv9hW6LY6

1836px-Tds-meter.jpg

That's awesome info mate! Really appreciate it. Time I invested in the TDS Meter!

• Like 2

That's awesome info mate! Really appreciate it. Time I invested in the TDS Meter!

No problem at all mate - as always, happy to help anybody improve their detailing regime! :thumbup:

Even on our dark blue VAG paint - i felt the drying process was so much easier yesterday.

I normally use a very diluted Meg's Last touch mix.... but this is no longer required with the filter in place.

If nothing else - i was astounded by how much better the shampoo foams up in filtered water.

So i can even back off the amount of shampoo i use per wash as well.

I still run the pressure washer off the main unfiltered tap - to ensure there is adequatre water flow;

but i can run the basic hose off the folter for a final rinse.... there are options to adapt this though ie. water butt.

• Like 1

No problem at all mate - as always, happy to help anybody improve their detailing regime! :thumbup:

Even on our dark blue VAG paint - i felt the drying process was so much easier yesterday.

I normally use a very diluted Meg's Last touch mix.... but this is no longer required with the filter in place.

If nothing else - i was astounded by how much better the shampoo foams up in filtered water.

So i can even back off the amount of shampoo i use per wash as well.

I still run the pressure washer off the main unfiltered tap - to ensure there is adequatre water flow;

but i can run the basic hose off the folter for a final rinse.... there are options to adapt this though ie. water butt.

I think you've got everyone's interest, certainly mine with the water here being very hard (no TDS meter required to confirm that!). Might be something for the Xmas list...Would it be possible for you to start a thread relating on this subject (avoiding polluting this one) as I've several questions, and suspect others have too.

• Like 2

I think you've got everyone's interest, certainly mine with the water here being very hard (no TDS meter required to confirm that!). Might be something for the Xmas list...Would it be possible for you to start a thread relating on this subject (avoiding polluting this one) as I've several questions, and suspect others have too.

No problem Nick - i can certainly do so - just need some time to sort that... leave it with me.

Worthy of further research though - as this system copes ok ...but to a point;

i think that there are other options/alternaitves more suited to higher TDS levels.

I researched based on my readings and my budget, of course... and i'm happy with this as a first step. :thumbup:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A few bits from Polished Bliss arrived today:

GYEON Q2 TIRE - 400 ml
Bilt Hamber air con bomb -  CITRUS - 150 ml
Bilt Hamber auto-foam - 5L
Bilt Hamber auto-wash - 300ml

The Q2 sounded interesting, so will see if it lives up to the spec :)

Aircon cleaner for a bit of maintenance, Auto Foam seems to get a good rep and I've run out of any other foam, and I do like BH's Auto Wash too - just the fact it's so concentrated but still works really well :)
  • Like 3