What detailing products have you bought today...

BTS22

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 23:37, Chubbs said:

Its my 'go to' product for restoring and protecting faded exterior trim, plastics, rubber. In fact I've even used it on interior trim.

No greasyness or residue left behind. If you accidentally get it on the paintwork or glass it'll easily come off too!

I don't need anything else. It's very watery, so a little goes a long way....unless you use it professionally a 15mL bottle will do the trick.

Cheers for that Chubbs, what's the durability like? I've always used C4 but would be tempted to go for something new if the durability was ok.

6 minutes ago, KR MAN said:

Cheers for that Chubbs, what's the durability like? I've always used C4 but would be tempted to go for something new if the durability was ok.

My pleasure. Taking into account the usual caveat of how an individual car is used, stored, cleaned etc the durability is several months, you won't be disappointed. If you're still in doubt their 15ml bottle won't break the bank.

56 minutes ago, pee81 said:

Thought I'd try some soft 99 king of gloss only £23 from the Nippon shine website

Interested in your thoughts Mark - heard good things about KOG; but never tried it.

1 hour ago, samuir1974 said:

Interested in your thoughts Mark - heard good things about KOG; but never tried it.

The only negative point I've heard is that it can be a bit awkward to use if applying over the top of any existing lsp so might have to do bit of a decon and de-tar before applying.

5 hours ago, pee81 said:

Thought I'd try some soft 99 king of gloss only £23 from the Nippon shine website

I received a tin of this from Jackie at Waxstock & used it on the grey MK1 Golf I posted on FB...probably the easiest wax I've ever used.

A very thin layer can be applied with the sponge applicator....whizz round the whole car then return to the start and start buffing.....VERY easy to remove leaving an insane gloss!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chubbs said:

I received a tin of this from Jackie at Waxstock & used it on the grey MK1 Golf I posted on FB...probably the easiest wax I've ever used.

A very thin layer can be applied with the sponge applicator....whizz round the whole car then return to the start and start buffing.....VERY easy to remove leaving an insane gloss!

That's good to know, when reading about the wax it said to apply one panel at a time. Either way I'm hoping for big things from this wax B)

• Like 1

Got a set of the Hose-EEZ widgets when at Waxstock last month.

Finally got chance to detail the Z4 last night - first in about 6 weeks or so.

No complaints really - do exactly as they say and avoid hose jams around tyres.

20664096_10211592929553487_6488419431217

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

Simple solution to an annoyance. How much were they?

I picked them up from Imran at In2Detailing....

Waxstock show discount was a decent 15%.

But you can also use discount code DW10 for 10% off.

2 pack or 4 pack available which is good.

http://www.in2detailing.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=eez

Just now, CWARD said:

Cheers. 2 pack is all I require as the jet wash hose always gets caught on the front wheels. 

Exactly - i got a 4 pack due to the discount and i might share 2 with a local detailing buddy;

or alternatively keep them as spares - in case i stand on them or drive over them or something! LOL

On 7/24/2017 at 00:56, KR MAN said:

I'd be interested if you could post up a little review of the Solution Finish when you get chance, hearing very good reports.

Tried the solution finish last night on a couple of test areas on the BMW Z4.

Very easy to use indeed. Messy though - wear gloves and have some cheap applicators to hand (ready to bin afterwards!)

Simple application - a little goes a long way too, leave for 2-3 mins to soak in, i ran over with a 2nd coat as well.....

then  wiped off the excess - all looked great.

Even with some rain this morning - still good, no runs or dribbles or water spotting to note. All good!!!

On 04/08/2017 at 14:39, samuir1974 said:

So I gave the Abarth a full wash and decon then went round with some dodo lime prime followed it up with king of gloss.

To be honest I've not noticed any major changes in gloss but it was super easy to use, I did two panels at a time and was ready to buff off after 5minutes. 

On 14/08/2017 at 00:06, pee81 said:

So I gave the Abarth a full wash and decon then went round with some dodo lime prime followed it up with king of gloss.

To be honest I've not noticed any major changes in gloss but it was super easy to use, I did two panels at a time and was ready to buff off after 5minutes. 

What did you think about the lime prime? 

I used it recently for the first time and found it really oily. Don't know if its just me, I wasn't working it hard enough or what but haven't heard anything negative about it anywhere. 

1 hour ago, VRSmarty said:

What did you think about the lime prime? 

I used it recently for the first time and found it really oily. Don't know if its just me, I wasn't working it hard enough or what but haven't heard anything negative about it anywhere. 

I've used it a couple of times and not had any problems only by hand though working one/two panels at a time, will try it with my polisher at some point

Meguiars gold class quick detailer. Been trying to a decent quick detailer for ages.

Tried Autoglym rapid detailer (spreads OK,  bit smeary and difficult to buff to a shine but gives good depth to the paint)

Tried bouncers done and dusted (easy to spread, very hard to remove and buff to a shine but gives great gloss)

Will be sticking with the Meguiars gold class for a while I think. Easy on, easy to buff to a shine and makes the metallic in my paint really pop like I haven't seen before. Even the Mrs commented on it and she wouldn't notice if I'd replaced the car with something completely different. 

Tried out the Autofinesse Glisten Spray wax on the bonnet a couple of days ago after a seagull left a calling card and it looked great! Deep gloss on silver paint. Beaded well after yesterday's rain! 

I had a trip over to Elite Car Care today to pick up some bits for the new (to me) car.

Wash Mitts

Drying Towels

Buckets

Also picked up a bottle of Dodo Juice Basics of Bling quick detailer and some Gtechniq G1 & G4 for the windscreen.

I've used the G1 on the screen on previous cars and it's brilliant stuff, definitely worth the work involved in applying it.

On 25/08/2017 at 15:01, blueR36 said:

Got another delivery from Prestige Auto care , tried Adams in and out spray, for a permanent seal on plastics with a matt sheen, very easy to use 

36656498251_26e182b4f2_k.jpgUntitled by Alan Thornton, on Flickr

35961067914_58d614370c_k.jpgUntitled by Alan Thornton, on Flickr

The joys of all those plastic cowlings! Always help make an engine bay look super good! 

• Thanks 1