Direct Download Link - MIB Columbus ECE 2016 Maps

As per the thread title, they are the new ones just released, the ECE 2016 version which replace the 2015/2016 version.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Andy

How would I go about the update? My car is an Octavia Scout built March 2015. Do I simply remove the Sat Nav SD Card (back it up just in case!!!) then download the new files to the SD card?

I'm a little nervous as my car, an ex Skoda Management car, came with no SD card and obviously the Sat Nav did not work. The dealer gave me a brand new SD Card, but Sat Nav still did not work. The original card was found at the dealers and Sat Nav is now operating fine.

Don't want to mess things up if I can help it

Hi Andyvee,

Could you please help with the 2016 ROW version of the map? If you remember the 2015/2016 version didn't load. Hope this time it works.

Here's the details of the file name:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/356050-MIB-Columbus-ECE2015-2016-Maps-Direct-Download-Link/page__view__findpost__p__4255788

Thanks.

I have tried to download this twice. The first time I only got 2 Gb before it stopped, the second time I got 22.4 Gb but it failed to decompress as Windows reported it as an "invalid archive". I think I will have to wait for the official update from the update Portal.

I have tried to download this twice. The first time I only got 2 Gb before it stopped, the second time I got 22.4 Gb but it failed to decompress as Windows reported it as an "invalid archive". I think I will have to wait for the official update from the update Portal.

Use WinRAR. The inbuilt Windows zip utility can't decompress the file.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

hi all, thanks for the link, i have downloadet it, but im pretty confused about how the files are supposed to be on the SD Card, the download contains MIB1 & MIB2 folders, and i have tried to copy the MIB1 folder on to my 32GB Fat32 SD Card, but the columbus says that it can not update, it doesn't see the files?, what am i doing wrong, my current version is in the picture

post-122107-0-70784900-1447077630_thumb.jpg

Edited by diskotekblackbox

Hi diskotechblackbox,

I have just successfully installed the new maps on my Columbus (many thanks to andyvee, WinRAR was the key). You have to extract all of the downloaded files to the SD card, there will Mib1 and Mib2 folders and a small text file called metainfo2.txt at the root of the card. This text file will direct the Columbus to install the correct maps.

I have just checked my card and it is FAT32. I would suggest that you blank the card and then extract the archive again but directly into the card rather than doing a separate copy exercise. 

For your info the top level of my card has the following folders/files:

Mib1  - 20.4 GB

Mib2   -  4.13 GB

metainfo2.txt  -  1KB

wmpinfo.xml  -  1KB

You could check to see if you values are the same.

Tried the latest 15/16 ROW update for OZ and like last time it doesn't work. It appears that there must be some sort of lock on the OZ spec cars stopping updates past the map subscription expiry date in the update portal. To make it worse there appears that there is no way to extend the subscription.

Tried the latest 15/16 ROW update for OZ and like last time it doesn't work. It appears that there must be some sort of lock on the OZ spec cars stopping updates past the map subscription expiry date in the update portal. To make it worse there appears that there is no way to extend the subscription.

This is the same for Europe too.

You only get 3-years worth of updates for free.

After that I'm not sure what happens.