Fallout 4

Discoda

If you like exploring / looting, I recommend those perks. I now have 87 stimpacks and enough caps to buy another 80 haha! I just seem to find loads more caps and ammo in dustbins / cabinets now.

I've started to take Paladin Danse out with me now instead of Codsworth, as he is pretty brutal and quite easily handles the riff raff while I loot.

If you like exploring / looting, I recommend those perks. I now have 87 stimpacks and enough caps to buy another 80 haha! I just seem to find loads more caps and ammo in dustbins / cabinets now.

I've started to take Paladin Danse out with me now instead of Codsworth, as he is pretty brutal and quite easily handles the riff raff while I loot.

Plus he can carry loads.

The local leader perk is a big sacrifice considering the charisma points needed. I only got it as I enjoy the settlement side of the game.

Don't forget medic for increased health from Stimpacks.

Happy exploring !

JRJG

Plus he can carry loads.

The local leader perk is a big sacrifice considering the charisma points needed. I only got it as I enjoy the settlement side of the game.

Don't forget medic for increased health from Stimpacks.

Happy exploring !

JRJG

What does the local leader perk give you?

I'm not fussed on the settlement side of things, I only make sure sanctuary hills is doing well and use red rocket as my personal area for storing loot.

Although last night I started building and fortifying it better as I've acquired some more settlers (that didn't have beds until I noticed)

Oh yes, got that perk. Although, I just try and not get shot!

What does the local leader perk give you?

I'm not fussed on the settlement side of things, I only make sure sanctuary hills is doing well and use red rocket as my personal area for storing loot.

Although last night I started building and fortifying it better as I've acquired some more settlers (that didn't have beds until I noticed)

Oh yes, got that perk. Although, I just try and not get shot!

As far as I can remember, the Local Leader perk enables you to create stalls, shops (gun shops, clothes shops, chem shops) bars, assign doctors, tradesmen. It also enables you to build 'crafting' stands: the Gun, Armour, cooking, chemistry and power armour workshops.

I think, but am not certain, that you have to have it to create a supply link between settlements (basically shares your workshop resources between settlements). But I'm not 100% sure.

Basically : if you don't intend to spend that much time focusing on the settlements then don't bother pouring any points into Charisma. It is very rare you need to persuade anyone. The only benefit from Charisma (as far as I have experienced) is the settlement side of things.

If you wanted to try out Settlement building, fortifying, improving, trade districts etc, you could perhaps start a new game and put enough points (seven I think) into the Charisma tree to really help with the settlement building.

If I start a new game I think I will put everything into agility, luck and endurance and make a really stealthy sneaky ninja type character, only questing at night in the shadows with muffled shadowed leather armour on ;) (lighter weight armour is better for sneaking, as are the shadows)

So much to try and do differently isn't there.

JRJG

• Like 1

Agreed, it really is like 3 games in 1.

Both me and the Misses are loving it. We've both taken different routes so even though we're playing the same game... we're not!

Only problem now is fighting over the PS4, I suggested buying a second PS4...which fell on deaf ears. :-( worth a try!

Been playing this on Xone and was hoping the loading times would be an improvement now its next gen

There still seems to be a fair load time on every fast travel,building entry/exit etc and wondered if it was any better/faster on ps4

Still addicted tho!

Been playing this on Xone and was hoping the loading times would be an improvement now its next gen

There still seems to be a fair load time on every fast travel,building entry/exit etc and wondered if it was any better/faster on ps4

Still addicted tho!

Loading times will be similar on PS4 too, it is frustrating at times! Especially when you go into a building and then realise you don't need to go into it!

But if you look at the size of the game and the complexity of it, you can sort of forgive the long and multiple loading times.

Loading times will be similar on PS4 too, it is frustrating at times! Especially when you go into a building and then realise you don't need to go into it!

But if you look at the size of the game and the complexity of it, you can sort of forgive the long and multiple loading times.

I can forgive it many things,the loading times,glitches and constantly corrupting the last save I make (always save twice on ending) I just thought technology might have improved since the 360 days and found a way round it

Not sure about ssd either but everything I save goes on an external HDD leaving the internal drive clear

This does speed the initial loading up times a little but not sure about mid game

I can forgive it many things,the loading times,glitches and constantly corrupting the last save I make (always save twice on ending) I just thought technology might have improved since the 360 days and found a way round it

Not sure about ssd either but everything I save goes on an external HDD leaving the internal drive clear

This does speed the initial loading up times a little but not sure about mid game

Ahh the glitches, they do make me chuckle. But I am awaiting a big patch for the game soon, as sometimes the frame rate drops quite considerably.

It just needs polishing and optimising, I think they released it 95% complete.

Ahh the glitches, they do make me chuckle. But I am awaiting a big patch for the game soon, as sometimes the frame rate drops quite considerably.

It just needs polishing and optimising, I think they released it 95% complete.

That appears to be the norm these days - developers appear to set a date for launch and it gets put out in whatever state it might happen to be at the time with the thought "we will patch it anyway".

I'm still enjoying it despite the glitches (such as Deathclaw's standing still to be shot if you are somewhere off the ground - I was standing on the cab of a truck so out of reach of him but rather than running around when hit it just stayed in the exact same place for the 20+hits).

Need to get some points in science - want to upgrade a few laser rifles (particularly the one I have that gives extra damage against Super Mutants) - with a few mods they should get a lot hell of a lot easier (especially in groups).

Not sure in anyone else has noticed but I am informed that for the likes of the Super Mutant Suicider, shooting the arm makes them drop the grenade/mininuke blowing themselves up - I've not had the chance to test it out since I learned that though.

It certainly is the norm, especially now we live in the days of consoles connected to the internet 24 hours a day (even when on standby)

Back in the day, games would be delayed if not finished. Now they just release them into the wild and hope for the best.

Look at project cars, fundamentally a brilliant game, but even I will admit it was released broken.

I had a legendary deathclaw stuck under a bridge. I took great pleasure in killing it with a pipe pistol haha! it took a while (it mutated) but I took it down without having to resort to grenades, mines or mini nukes. Thank you glitches!

I'm really enjoying fallout at the minute. Level 44 or something so my main points are where I need them to be, I'm just unlocking random perks now.

Rocking the power armour now fully kitted out with the jet pack with valentine (the detective) who also has one. Ive took a like to him, once he's been with you for a while he asks you to help him out on a mission. I won't spolier it but the bond becomes strong afterwards.

The ghouls are really easy to defeat for me, I simply use VATS and shoot their leg off and well... They are legless so I finish them off. I've got a 10mm pistol called the deliverer which gives a bonus increased VATS hit chance of 25%.

All my main settlements are pretty much finished off, all defences are well above 150 so no need to touch them now.

I absolutely hate the deathclaws, I always have from previous fallouts. I make sure I've got plenty of jet, fatmans and or rocket launcher.

Edited by LGM

Level 44? I'm only 27 :-( and it feels like i've been playing for ages.

I might start taking out Valentine with me. He's currently wondering around Sanctuary Hills.

Yep 44, if I told you how many hours you'd think I have no social life. Edited by LGM

I'll agree with the above, I have had a couple of crashes recently too, which reinforced the philosophy of 'quick save regularly!'. And I also concur with the drop in FPS, can get quite rough sometimes, when there is a lot of enemies, or a lot of explosions going off, sometimes when a chain of cars explode I get a bit of a staggered flow. I remember on cod4 on Xbox 360 it used to be the same when me and my mates would all throw smoke grenades at the same time, engulfing the entire map in smoke, is the drop to do with the graphics card/graphics card processing speed?

Deathclaws, legendary's, mirelark hunters, the big well 'ard Bears, they're no problem if you know how to line of sight and kite (WoW experience :bandit: ) them.

Yep 44, if I told you how many hours you'd think I have no social life.

I'm on 36 now, with about 2 and a half days play time. A good day of that was fannying about with settlements though :D ! I haven't been to Diamond City and have no idea who Valentine is yet either!? Enjoying it thoroughly regardless.

JRJG

• Like 1

I haven't been to Diamond City and have no idea who Valentine is yet either!? Enjoying it thoroughly regardless.

JRJG

That'll be why then :) he's in Diamond city as a detective, you have to see him to help find your son.

Son? What Son? Who's Sean!? :notme:

+1 ! Hahahahah

"My son has been kidnapped and my wife brutally murdered in front of me. But nevermind vengeance and finding my lost child, I need two more screws to upgrade my .50cal!!!"

• Like 2

Bugged tho this game is,its a masterpiece compared to fallout new Vegas

Officially the most bugged game I've played in over 30years of gaming

Some funny glitches, others not so

So we do have some progress. :)

I havent really had many bugs. But then again, Bethesda-games has always worked quite good on my rig. I must have pleased some deity along the road of life.

I have finally managed to find the x01 power armour and mod it to mk5, I'm a beast now!!!! Is there a storey mode to the game though? I'm level 39 and have not really gone for any of the main quests yet, I've just been making my settlements and scavenging good stuff!!!

Have say I haven't gone near the main story in ages. Not even thinking about going near Diamond City atm.

Doing the BOS quests for mucho XP/levelling/scavenging etc.Got one to clear the hospital (can't remember the exact name) but it is full of Super Mutants so wanting to level a bit before trying it (I did go in a couple of levels back while exploring but died a few times before realising this wasn't going to be easy). Upgrade the "Super Mutant" (+50% damage on SM) pistol a bit before I go back in I think which means a few levels to get my science perk.

Have say I haven't gone near the main story in ages. Not even thinking about going near Diamond City atm.

Doing the BOS quests for mucho XP/levelling/scavenging etc.Got one to clear the hospital (can't remember the exact name) but it is full of Super Mutants so wanting to level a bit before trying it (I did go in a couple of levels back while exploring but died a few times before realising this wasn't going to be easy). Upgrade the "Super Mutant" (+50% damage on SM) pistol a bit before I go back in I think which means a few levels to get my science perk.

I know the exact hospital you mean, took great time, ammo and lives to clear... only to find I had to do it all again!!! :peek:

Laser weapons get through super mutants pretty easy!

I've gone for a stealth character. Using a suppressor really helped as it let me shoot without being noticed so much, though the range is reduced a lot.