build/delivery times?

aernala

It's all comparative and good things are worth waiting for. Some of the seniors here - i.e. the first owners and the longest forum membership - waited six and seven months. Even those who, like me, were ordering two or three years later still faced five months or so.

Currently on week9 from order for my yeti 2.0 se outdoor model..I waited 11weeks for my first skoda.in 2012. A citigo 5dr with auto gearbox.

At the time of ordering the factory hadn't started making 5 Dr models hence the delay.

Plus auto box added to the delay as it was optional extra..

Still it's worth the wait.

That's excellent service from the dealer. Doubt my dealer will do a video clip for mine. Nice to see you chose the same colour as me

I was pleasantly surprised as he never said he was going to do a video.

I chose the colour based on what was the right spec and already queued for build to save myself a load of weeks waiting. It wasn't my first choice as my old Yeti was also grey (even though a different shade) but it's a better shade and at least I know I'll be happy to live with it rather than choose a colour that looks nice in the showroom but I then get tired of

Edited by rriggs

Just took a call from my dealer telling me that my car has arrived. A few formalities to complete and hopefully on the road by the weekend.. excited !!

Just have to pay for it now.

• Like 3

Just took a call from my dealer telling me that my car has arrived. A few formalities to complete and hopefully on the road by the weekend.. excited !!

Just have to pay for it now.

I'm hoping for the weekend too - Will find out tomorrow.  Got my reg number today...

Don't know why, but for some reason my dealer doesn't want to place my order with Skoda until after 15th Jan. I can only assume there's an incentive of some sort starting then

Don't know why, but for some reason my dealer doesn't want to place my order with Skoda until after 15th Jan. I can only assume there's an incentive of some sort starting then

Being a GOM, I would be asking why, and what's my compensation for a delayed order.  Or, if I were feeling a veeery GOM, asking where the next-nearest dealer is.

Wardy: I'd rather not name the dealer here, but we mentioned its name in a recent PM... I've got a phenomenal deal on the car so until the order is confirmed with Skoda, I don't want to jeopardise it.

I've never stood my ground so much to get the spec & price I wanted when buying a car before. Over 3 hours before they gave in. Maybe I should start selling double glazing for a living!

Brijo same answer really. And the particular dealer group has now taken over every other Skoda outlet within 40 miles. So much for a competitive market.

• Like 2

We had a letter from our local Skoda dealer over Christmas informing us that they will shortly stop selling new Skodas, because their showroom isn't large enough to house the number of vehicles now required by SUK. They've been a Skoda dealer for over 40 years (the changes they must have seen!), so this is a great shame. They are generally very helpful people and very un-salesman like in their approach, which is one of the things that attracted us to them when we bought our Citigo. They will at least carry on with servicing and after-sales.

It sounds like Skoda are 'condensing' to a smaller collective of super-dealers.

Edited by Citigopher

We had a letter from our local Skoda dealer over Christmas informing us that they will shortly stop selling new Skodas, because their showroom isn't large enough to house the number of vehicles now required by SUK. They've been a Skoda dealer for over 40 years (the changes they must have seen!), so this is a great shame. They are generally very helpful people and very un-salesman like in their approach, which is one of the things that attracted us to them when we bought our Citigo. They will at least carry on with servicing and after-sales.

It sounds like Skoda are 'condensing' to a smaller collective of super-dealers.

It sounds like the Subaru 'dealership' situation in Australia where, I understand, prices are centrally set......ie no bargaining.

To me it's anti-competitive behaviour.

I see that you can track your new VW car yourself from order to build to delivery at www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order  An excellent idea.

Shame Skoda don't have something similar.

It's an excellent way to make a purchaser feel "connected" and that the manufacturer actually cares about the needs of the customer.

Edited by speedsport

I see that you can track your new VW car yourself from order to build to delivery at www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order  An excellent idea.

Shame Skoda don't have something similar.

It's an excellent way to make a purchaser feel "connected" and that the manufacturer actually cares about the needs of the customer.

I agree.  The dealer was helpful but it would have been much easier and nicer to be able to track it myself.  You wouldn't have thought it would be that hard to add Skoda to the VW system?

• Like 1

Wardy: I'd rather not name the dealer here, but we mentioned its name in a recent PM... I've got a phenomenal deal on the car so until the order is confirmed with Skoda, I don't want to jeopardise it.

I've never stood my ground so much to get the spec & price I wanted when buying a car before. Over 3 hours before they gave in. Maybe I should start selling double glazing for a living!

Brijo same answer really. And the particular dealer group has now taken over every other Skoda outlet within 40 miles. So much for a competitive market.

Fair enough. Still seems a bit 'off' holding your order up, for their own gain. But if the deal is good enough and you're prepared to wait.....

update! almost home

! all the paperwork done  car ready for collection tuesday 12 jan is the big day.

happy to take a day off work for something as nice as a new car

.owed the day from last years holidays anyway

just the insurance to sort tomorrow 

interested to see how much  adding a yeti to the policy will cost me.

citigo is cheap to insure so hoping the total wont be too bad.

update! almost home

! all the paperwork done car ready for collection tuesday 12 jan is the big day.

happy to take a day off work for something as nice as a new car

.owed the day from last years holidays anyway

just the insurance to sort tomorrow

interested to see how much adding a yeti to the policy will cost me.

citigo is cheap to insure so hoping the total wont be too bad.

Upgrade from octavia 1.2 tsi to yeti 1.4 tsi is 165£ annual extra to my insurance.

Yeti 1.4 L&K ordered 31. October. Car just arrived to my dealer. I have received email with paperwork, registration date is 14. Jan, so hopefully is going to be my collecting date as well

Edited by faustino

Hi I've just ordered a New yeti 2l se from my local dealer. Upgrade offer including satnav metallic paint and light assist. Basically a se business spec for se price.ordered heated seats and windscreen as extras along with a spare wheel. Just been given a b uild date of first week December. Anyone predict delivery date? Also is light assist actually auto lights or something else because I'm not sure what it includes. dispite brochure and dealer info.

just picked up the new car .trying to put up some pics but my files seem to be too big. ??

will try again later

meanwhile im very pleased with everything as you would expect. looking forward to the weekend when i can really get to grips with everything and get a good run out.

Still waiting for mine too. Still no word on a delivery date from the dealer, so I reckon it's at least two weeks away :(

@rriggs - The dash trims - if it's the Boreal wood bits that are on order - has the dealer given you a due date? They're no longer available on new builds

@rriggs - The dash trims - if it's the Boreal wood bits that are on order - has the dealer given you a due date? They're no longer available on new builds

It is the wood. Didn't know they'd stopped it on the new builds. The dealer's got the big bit (pax side and round the stereo) but is waiting for the small bit to go around the light switch.

My new Yeti arrived in the Tyne over the weekend, so now waiting for it to get to the dealers.

They then have to get the car agency approved (whatever that is?), get the finance documents for me to sign.

Then they need authority from VWFS to register and release the car.

Hopefully should have it by the end of next week.

I'll ask the dealer if they'll put my winter tyres on when I collect the car.