build/delivery times?

aernala

When I ordered my last Yeti I had no communication from either SUK or the dealer about delivery. I was in the dealer one day querying fitting the tow bar I had ordered and I asked about delivery. "Oh, haven't you heard? It's here, would you like to see it?"

This despite my asking about delivery about every 2 weeks.

Fred

Hope you can post some pics and a full review of the 1.4 tsi

I pick up mine tomorrow afternoon. 

I then have lots of driving to do over Christmas and New Year so will probably able to talk about what it is like after several hundred miles of variable driving by early in the New Year.

Though I might post initial impressions tomorrow  :notme:

It will be interesting to compare notes with other new owners.

One more sleep :)

Edited by Austerby

Yes. You can only have 4x4 and manual gearbox combination. Bit of a missed opportunity.

I would have picked DSG if I could have with the petrol engine. Didn't really want (or need for 10K miles a year) another diesel so had to take the manual.

I would have picked DSG if I could have with the petrol engine. Didn't really want (or need for 10K miles a year) another diesel so had to take the manual.

I'm in the same boat... If the DSG box was available in the 1.4, then I'd be at the dealer's tomorrow.

When I phoned Skoda UK on Friday, they are still saying they don't think there's enough demand to make the 1.4/DSG combination available in the UK, nor the 1.4 engine in anything other than L&K spec. Given the number of people here who have expressed an interest in one or both of those combinations, I wonder how SUK do their market research.

Do Skoda make any changes to spec when production re-starts after the Christmas/New Year break like some other manufacturers do?

I don't suppose anyone has had the Origami wheels for long enough yet to see how they stand up to winter salt?

Edited by speedsport
  • Like 1

I'm in the same boat... If the DSG box was available in the 1.4, then I'd be at the dealer's tomorrow.

When I phoned Skoda UK on Friday, they are still saying they don't think there's enough demand to make the 1.4/DSG combination available in the UK, nor the 1.4 engine in anything other than L&K spec. Given the number of people here who have expressed an interest in one or both of those combinations, I wonder how SUK do their market research.

Do Skoda make any changes to spec when production re-starts after the Christmas/New Year break like some other manufacturers do?

I don't suppose anyone has had the Origami wheels for long enough yet to see how they stand up to winter salt?

I have Origami wheels. Like you say few have had them long enough to evaluate. I have had them for 18 months during which they had seen no salt or snow. Their build quality and feel is good. They ain't cheap to replace from a dealer at £280 but the accessory version can be obtained for £175/£185. Both are Skoda approved. The accessory version is manufactured in another factory to the production line fitted ones. For what reason I know not. There have been discussions on it's build quality but as yet noone has come forward to pass comments on them....yet. I have a spare tyre now in my garage that I am toying with purchasing the latter for.

• Like 2

Latest news on delivery. Just had a call from my local dealer. Seems my yeti is somewhere between the docks and the dealer. To quote my call " your yeti is on a transporter somewhere in England".

Good enough for me hahaha.

That means it's on the way probably arrive at the dealer in the week between Christmas and New year and I'll

have it hopefully 1st week of January.

Nice to start the New year with a new car

2016 registered bonus points!!

FYI yeti se 2ltr diesel with extras , heated screen, heated seats spare wheel, and upgrades including satnav unit auto lights and free metallic paint.

ordered 31st October, built 1ST week December,at docks in emden 9th December

Delivery 1st week January(hopefully)

How this compare with others?

Mine's now on board a ship in Zeebrugge but dealer thinks it isn't sailing until after Xmas Day.

Dealer's getting the ship name so I can try and track...

There are only a few RoRo vessels in Zeebrugge at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for the big day. Hopefully picking up the new yeti this week.. last sighting before Christmas indicates the car is in UK in transit to the dealer. let's hope that means this week .

Even stopped by the dealer couple of days ago just to see if the car was already in the yard haha.

Can't wait !!

Dealer told me Friday that my Yeti has landed in the UK. He hopes to be able to confirm a delivery date early this week. Getting close now...

Edited by rriggs

Just had confirmation that mine was built Week 52 and is now on its way to port in Germany. Hopefully I'll see it by the end of the month. That'll be 16-17 weeks from order on 6th October (though the deposit was actually taken 25th September). It feels like a lifetime.....

• Like 1

Just had confirmation that mine was built Week 52 and is now on its way to port in Germany. Hopefully I'll see it by the end of the month. That'll be 16-17 weeks from order on 6th October (though the deposit was actually taken 25th September). It feels like a lifetime.....

That's a long wait.

That's a long wait.

It's all comparative and good things are worth waiting for.  Some of the seniors here - i.e. the first owners and the longest forum membership - waited six and seven months.  Even those who, like me, were ordering two or three years later still faced five months or so.