Shorten seat adjustment handles?

gRoberts

Hey all,

So getting used the VRS and its awesomeness (you'd understand the use of that word given what I had before)!

One thing that's immediately stuck out, literally, is the seat adjustment handles. So much so, I keep knocking it.

Are they adjustable in length? Surely they don't need to stick out that far?

Cheers

Edited by gRoberts

It looks like the plastic end pulls off as it is a seperate part number.  You may well then be able to cut the metal lever to shorten it by the required amount.

Good luck.

SN

Cheers all,

Unfortunately it's on both the passenger and driver seats and I too keep on hitting my legs against it.

I tend to rest my left foot parallel to the seat (90 degrees) which causes it to knock off the handle. 

Not entirely sure why it needs to be so long:

Skoda_Fabia_vRS_seats.jpg

All other cars I've driven, you have to reach under, as you know, you don't generally change the position of your seat that much where it becomes a convenience to have a longer handle lol. 

I presume it may have something to do with the cubby hole's in the seats?

I presume it may have something to do with the cubby hole's in the seats?

That's probably a good shout. I think the compartment doors maybe wouldn't open far if the seat adjustment things were shorter/closer in?

Nope, just been out to check and it misses completely off to the side. :think:

The plastic seems pretty firmly attached too, and the metal it goes on is tapered so you can't just shorten that and refit the handle.

Looks like re-training your left foot is the way forward.

Edited by Wino