Finally! vRS 4wd!

Are we all looking at the same site - the link I posted earlier? It is a 220 that I drove. The 230 is due out here in January. The photo on the link has the Octavia with its number plate clearly showing 'VRS 4wd' and when you go to the configuration tool on the right hand menu and select it clearly states 2.0 tsi for the 4wd option.

http://fr.skoda.ch/models/new-octavia-combi-rs/new_overview#SliderModuleWebPart_2

Anyway. Not arguing. All I can say is that it was a great drive and it will be in Blighty before Easter next year according to the dealership here. But then that's a Swiss dealer next to where I live so what he knows about the UK market God only knows. I'm sure Briskda folk will find out one way or another.

Dave

There's absolutely no way I can see to configure a TSi 4x4 RS through the link you provide. Sorry please look again.   

There is TSi 220ch 6man., TSi 220ch 6 aut. TDi CR 184ch 6 man.,TDi 184ch CR 6 aut. and TDi 184ch 6 aut. 4x4   

But absolutely no TSi 220 4x4

If you really can see it anywhere on the Swiss site (or anywhere else) please share the URL?  This is not for the sake of argument, I would love for you to be able to demonstrate that a petrol RS 4x4 exists! 

Edited by juan27

• Administrators

We ran a topic on it in October :) I should be clearer on my topic titles ;)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/373642-after-14-years-of-waiting-the-octavia-vrs-4x4-is-available/

Has specs from skoda for uk version, which will differ from other's and quite probably what's on offer today.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered my VRS 4x4 in November, car built and arriving in the UK this week.  However, gonna wait for the 16 plate, so won't get it until 1 March.  Really looking forward to it though, currently driving a 12 plate VW Golf R with a stage 1 remap; wicked 310bhp.  

For those die hard front wheel divers, try an awd car, not the SUV, a real car.  So much better grip off the line, in any weather.  No wheel spin, which is the bain of most drivers of a front wheel drive car.  Having owned 2 VRS's prior to the Golf R, I was fed up of our wet winters killing my driving time with spinning wheels, lack of traction in corners, under steer death and forever waiting to pull out of those busy junctions in the wet for fear of wheel spin and causing a smash.

If you can afford it, get the VRS 4x4, you won't be disappointed.  I know I will miss the power of my Golf, but a hefty hike in commuting mileage makes the diesel VRS a sound choice and better on the wallet; plus the fact I'm going back to my favourite car the Skoda Octavia VRS; you gotta love em!!!!!

• Like 1

Kerb weight is 1475kg for the 4x4,  85kg heavier than the front wheel drive version, so a fat little git lol!!!  Still quick of the line andwill feel nicely planted on the road.

Kerb weight is 1475kg for the 4x4, 85kg heavier than the front wheel drive version, so a fat little git lol!!! Still quick of the line andwill feel nicely planted on the road.

Thats kinda Odd. In the Norwegian manual the weight for the Fwd Dsg vrs tdi is 1480, while the non-vrs 184 TDI 4x4 Dsg is stated at 1463kg.

Mind me asking what sort of deals you got on these new? Think this would be a good choice for me but list price is too steep!

Thanks

I've gone for PCP, max deposit, 0% APR and a £1000 skoda deposit contribution.  Spec - Candy White, folding door mirrors, leather with heated seats, Columbus Stereo/Sat Nav, WIFI, sunset glass, black pack.  36 months @ £299.  Normal options at the end for a PCP.

Thats kinda Odd. In the Norwegian manual the weight for the Fwd Dsg vrs tdi is 1480, while the non-vrs 184 TDI 4x4 Dsg is stated at 1463kg.

Odd indeed; information obtained from Skoda's downloadable brochure.

Odd indeed; information obtained from Skoda's downloadable brochure.

Latest Norwegian brochure claims the vrs 4x4 weighs 1497kg. Can it be the extra insulation we get in Scandinavian cars and perhaps some other extras that is the reason for the difference?

Latest Norwegian brochure claims the vrs 4x4 weighs 1497kg. Can it be the extra insulation we get in Scandinavian cars and perhaps some other extras that is the reason for the difference?

Could well be Gromie; I reckon that's a good question for Skoda??

I ordered mine yesterday, got an estate in moon white with Smartlink and privacy glass. I wanted the Black Pack but it didn't get the wife's approval.

I got the latest offer being £1000 deposit contribution, £1000 loyalty discount and £500 free fuel. The dealer also gave me above book price on my TSI VRS Hatch to cover my negitave equity.

They say I should have it at the end of March, it'll be my first AWD car so can't wait!

Ordered mine on the 1st Dec with a build week 3 and delivery on March 1st. They wanted me to have it earlier, presuming this to help them meet targets! Ordered a Candy White 4x4 with the Black Plus Pack, Front Rear park assist, heated washer nozzles and KESSY. Got £4.5k off the list price on a PCP and a good PX for my 11 plate vRS diesel hatch.