changing rear indicators to led

Has anyone changed the rear indicator bulbs to led? Really annoys me that the front indicators are led,the rear standard bulbs,yet lights and brake lights at the rear are led also! Follow an audi a6,vw passat etc with led indicators looks so much more classy,having spent 36k on my car,that i love by the way,think they should have been fitted as standard,vw trying to make audi and volkswagons look more expensive to justify the extra few grand perhaps? Think they would have to be canbus led bulbs? Anyone know the bulb code or manufacturer? I know some people will feel im beeing fussy,but those small details make a real difference.kevin.

• Like 2

I agree with you 100%. I said the same thing in a previous post. I think it's a glaring error on an otherwise brilliant car, especially as they were LED on the face lifted Superb 2.It looks kinda cheap or obvious cost cutting. As you said someeguys think it's being picky but it im with you on this one. I'm interested in seeing has anyone changed their's aswell

You'd know straight away the difference between a standard one & LED by the way they flash. It's a small thing I know but it's definitely something I will be changing when I get mine.

I noticed a number of manufacturers have now gone back to filament bulbs in the rear despite previous models being LED. No idea why, but there has to be some logic behind it. Cost, heat (I doubt this one), reliability?

I believe the standard bulb is a type 581 rated at 21W. Yes you will need CANBUS error control.

Edited by FelisBengalensis

I have a facelift SII SE, so are mine LED? If so can VCDS make them work in the same way as the new Audi's? Can't find the right words t explain other than the light expands in the direction of indication. I think they look really cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The problem with after market LED bulbs as indicators is they are rubbish at the job. A decent filament bulb will fill the entire light segment with light because light shines all round the filament. However an LED bulb has one or lots of very directional light sources, leading to an uneven lighting pattern with some sections brighter than others. This why my Audi with OEM full LED rear lights has lots of single LEDs mounted facing outwards for the indictators/stop/tail lamps.

Edited by mannyo
  • Like 1

Cant say the lack of LED Indicators bothers me.... Would be nice to have full LED Indicators like the front but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Wonderful vehicle especially now I'm over the running in period :-D

Cant say the lack of LED Indicators bothers me.... Would be nice to have full LED Indicators like the front but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Wonderful vehicle especially now I'm over the running in period :-D

I agree. Anyway, in my Superb Wagon 1.4 TSI 150hp, Active version, I have the tail light (the red light strips on the trunk) disabled and I'd like to activate them . I do not know if they are simply disconnected or not.....

Inviato dal mio LG-H815 utilizzando Tapatalk

I agree. Anyway, in my Superb Wagon 1.4 TSI 150hp, Active version, I have the tail light (the red light strips on the trunk) disabled and I'd like to activate them . I do not know if they are simply disconnected or not.....

Hi, I think there is physically no strip in active. Do you see it inside?

Have ordered type 581 21w canbus led indicator bulbs online from bulbsdirect,fifteen pounds each.last week i bought an indicator bulb for my mini clubvan,ordinary bulb 1.40 each,safe to say thats why they dont fit them as standard,some saving on multiples of thousands!! Will let all know the results when done,either will be smiles or egg on me face! Kevin.

• Like 1

I will certainly be interested to see them in action (maybe take a video with one of each bulbs in with the hazard lights on) as I do love my LED's but I have been less than impressed with the ones I have seen so far.

Fit led bulbs on my octavia 111 vrs tsi i had,looked real good,they had led rear lights,brake lights,and ordinary indicator bulbs,to me it just screams cost cutting,either all standard illumination,or all led,not a bit of this and a bit of that,its just a pet hate of mine,put them on the audi's and passat's,give the gutter skoda owners bulbs out the cheap basket,wrong in my book.

• Like 1

Hi, I think there is physically no strip in active. Do you see it inside?

Honestly i don't know how to do to see it...is there a way to check without removing the entire light on the trunk?

But the question if not physically present, how can i do? Official Skoda Or aftermarket?

Anyway check this link http://m.autoscout24.it/offerta/skoda-superb-3%C2%AA-serie-20-tdi-dsg-executive-diesel-bianco-278943813 and go to page 4/5 of 15 and you can see the same light that i have in the back of my car.....

No trace of red tail light on the trunk and light bulbs for the turn signal and the reverse gear, just like my car.

Edited by fabbro76

Honestly i don't know how to do to see it...is there a way to check without removing the entire light on the trunk?

But the question if not physically present, how can i do? Official Skoda Or aftermarket?

Anyway check this link http://m.autoscout24.it/offerta/skoda-superb-3%C2%AA-serie-20-tdi-dsg-executive-diesel-bianco-278943813 and go to page 4/5 of 15 and you can see the same light that i have in the back of my car.....

No trace of red tail light on the trunk and light bulbs for the turn signal and the reverse gear, just like my car.

maybe put a bright torch on top of red plastic and look at an angle? Guess it would be hard to see without disassembling.

It can be done, and they look very good, but...

...they are very expensive.

See this YouTube video from the excellent LED bulbs in the rear indicators of the MkII Superb estate (combi)...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/373822-vleds-triton-v3-in-turn-signal-superb-2014-fl/#entry4399441

• Like 1

These LED bulbs are a standard fitment to replace a normal 21W filament bulb.

The type of car shouldn't matter. I appreciate some modern cars are now using smaller (capless) bulbs, in which case these LED's won't fit, but if not they will...

does anyone know if the business SE is shipped equipped with rear LED units?

The spec sheet I ordered from shows read LED units on the estate?!

Yes rear LED lights are std on all trim levels.

• Like 1

I have a facelift SII SE, so are mine LED? If so can VCDS make them work in the same way as the new Audi's? Can't find the right words t explain other than the light expands in the direction of indication. I think they look really cool.

So does anyone know??

Facelift S2 estate have led in rear led turn yes... oem! S3 have not!

And my bulbs are also covered on my s2 fl combi (my car in the movie)

But they are EXTREMELY bright. Even in direct sunlight!

So go for the vleds triton! They are even brighter than oem rear turn lights! :)

Take off ur lights. If the bulb is in a circuit board it won't work, but if u have "plugs" to twist u can easy retrofit in tritons in 10 min!!!

Its just crazy that skoda use regular bulbs on s3 when s2 have led :s