Unlocking all doors with one press of key

I know it is nothing, but this gets me into all sorts of trouble.

I think I double press the unlock button and of course my door opens. 

However the passenger door does not.

This leaves someone out in the cold patiently (grumpily) waiting for me to press the button twice again.

Is it possible to program the Octavia III to accept one press to open ALL the doors.

The opportunity for a robber to get in before I move off and the doors automatically lock is very remote in this area of Bristol.

However the opportunity for an ear bending from my "patient" passenger is very high at present.

Best regards

• Thanks 1

On the Radio Press Car/settings/lock/unlock.

Options are in there.

Hope that helps

Disclaimer:-  I think

I did this recently after getting annoyed with having to press the fob about 3 times to open the rear door to load the child in.

It was a bit strange because sometimes 2 presses would open the full car but sometimes it took 3.

I had this problem a few weeks back using my second key - I think they can hold different lock/unlock settings. (But don't hold me to that.)

Certainly gave myself a lot of grief sorting it out.

You can change it in the car settings on the MIB2 Amundsen. Driver door. Driver Side. All doors. Three options. I changed to all doors as I was sick of the double press. Also with the auto locking activated, any security risks are minimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I double press the unlock button and of course my door opens. However the passenger door does not.

This happens to me a lot. You have to double press v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y for it to notice. :-(

I enable mine to do only my door first but using KESSY makes it awkward when you've got passengers. I can't work out how to unlock multiple doors without having to get in and lock/unlock from the interior button... switched it back to unlock all.

On the balance of things, in 15 years of driving I've never needed to only open the drivers door though I'm sure it's useful in some parts of the world.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I now have a happy passenger.

Gor bless you, one and all. (Sorry went to Mary Poppins last night and still got a bad case of the **** Van Dykes!)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On another note, my Rs doesn't have the alarm feature. Is there any way I can set the key fob to lock a deadlock? My gfs my14 polo does it. If you press the lock on The remote, the doors are deadlocked and you can't unlock it either from opening a door from the inside or from pressing the unlock/lock button.

• 2 weeks later...

On another note, my Rs doesn't have the alarm feature. Is there any way I can set the key fob to lock a deadlock? My gfs my14 polo does it. If you press the lock on The remote, the doors are deadlocked and you can't unlock it either from opening a door from the inside or from pressing the unlock/lock button.

That's what British Octavias do, they deadlock when you lock the car, but they all come with the alarm as standard. I think I've seen it suggested that the deadlocking and alarm come together, and if you don't have an the alarm you probably won't have deadlocking either.

*Press lock button once to lock with deadlock and interior alarm activated.

*Press lock button twice to lock with both deadlocks and alarm deactivated.

I use the two button press when I leave the kids or dog in the car (stopping to use an ATM, shops, refills). This is how it works on my 14-plate VRS

Edited by Orville

*Press lock button once to lock with deadlock and interior alarm activated.

*Press lock button twice to lock with both deadlocks and alarm deactivated.

I use the two button press when I leave the kids or dog in the car (stopping to use an ATM, shops, refills). This is how it works on my 14-plate VRS

I have a feeling the 2nd press leaves the alarm armed but it turns off the interior monitoring as well as turning off the safelock....might be wrong though.

The flashing LED shows alarm fault status etc but primarily is there to advise on safelock status.....flashing enabled...not flashing disabled.....I think :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm that safelocking or deadlocking is not available without alarms? My German is pretty non existent so trying to find adaptations is difficult.

Can anyone confirm that safelocking or deadlocking is not available without alarms? My German is pretty non existent so trying to find adaptations is difficult.

If you mean the beeping when locking, look in the Maxidot settings. I think the sound can be disabled.

No. In Australia if the car doesn't have the alarm, it doesn't have the deadlock feature. Currently I can press the remote once to lock the car yet still open the car from the inside. Not good when you have expensive stuff in the boot!

• 2 weeks later...

If it's not in the options inside the car you have one of three options

If it's a new vehicle then the dealer should have asked you what you wanted, part of the personalising of your car and they should have done this for you, so if that's the case take it back and get them to change it FOC of course

If you own or have access to VCDS you can do it yourself

You can buy an OBD dongle and a smartphone app and do it yourself for less than £20

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1