Nilfisk Pressure Washer

Royston

Ey up. My rather costly Karcher has given up the will to live. I've taken it to bits and potentially it could need some very expensive bits to make it go again so I've got face on.

I bought it about 7 years ago after my cheap Aldi one blew it's insides onto the pavement. I thought you get what you pay for so spent £150 on a half price Karcher which has only had light use and hasn't been worth the investment.

So saw this at Screwfix. Cheap and cheerful. Is Nilfisk any good? Not really heard much about them tbh.

http://m.screwfix.com/p/nilfisk-alto-c110-4-5-pca-x-tra-110bar-pressure-washer-1-4kw-230v/61462

Nilfisk are a step up from Karcher in all areas...Build quality and functionality to name just two

No matter which machine you get, they are superb..The Customer Service is excellent too

Have a look here too:

http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/productslistSub.asp?Main=Nilfisk-Pressure-Washers⊂=Nilfisk-Domestic-Pressure-Washers

• Like 2

To add to Chris's post, their customer service is excellent also.

My gun had a fault after a year and they sent me a brand new one no questions asked.

Buy with confidence :)

Just to add...I had a cracked outer shell of the hose..They conceded that it was a design fault and replaced it free for a much longer rubber coated professional hose

Also, the washer in the trigger had worn and was leaking, I rang them and they sent me a new washer, free (Out of warranty)

As you can imagine, it gets a hell of  a lot of stick...I cant recommend enough

• Like 1

That's good to hear. I think my mind is made up then. Cheers chaps. Just one question. The little plastic bottle thing on the back. Is that a bog standard soap reservoir, or some type of snow foam attachment?

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps a little late but for what it's worth I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago - same model and also to replace a Karcher that didn't last well for the limited use it got - one car once in a while and the patio about once a year. So far I'm impressed with it, at least as good as the Karcher and around two thirds the price. And it's very quiet. Good news to hear the after sales service seems good. 

The only negative for me is filling the attachments I find isn't as easy as with the Karcher, but this might just be getting used to the different fittings.

And if I could ask a question of others with Nilfisk washers, when it stops do you get a short "squeal" each time? If this isn't usual then I'd better get on to Nilfisk.

And if I could ask a question of others with Nilfisk washers, when it stops do you get a short "squeal" each time? If this isn't usual then I'd better get on to Nilfisk.

Yes, and it drives SWMBO mad! I'm not bothered, but then I know when it's going to happen...

• Like 1

Yep, Nilfisk > Karcher.

At my time of purchase, Nilfisk used metal, as opposed to Karcher's inferior plastic pumps, at a similar price point. Though I can't speak for current models

As for the squeal, check the condition of the connection O-rings. If they are perished and leaking, that can cause a frequent squeal, as the pump is constantly trying to maintain pressure.

My last Nilfisk was commandeered by my daughter so I'm now awaiting the delivery of another (better) one that will replace it. It might even get used before the impending monsoon later today!

I've had so many Karcher PW's die that I'm hoping the same doesn't happen to either of the Nilfisk's!