190 bhp AdBlue Range

How do you find out the range remaining?

I don't think it's a big problem topping it up price-wise if you stay away from the dealer. My only concern with it is knowing how much you can add to the tank. It's not the kind of stuff you want overflowing all over your paintwork and shoes.

How do you find out the range remaining?

I don't think it's a big problem topping it up price-wise if you stay away from the dealer. My only concern with it is knowing how much you can add to the tank. It's not the kind of stuff you want overflowing all over your paintwork and shoes.

It's in Driving Data on the Maxidot.

Price isn't much concern It's a company car but knowing how much to fill is.

Putting in 10liters at a time would be ideal as that's the size it comes in (or2x5l).

Main problem with the 190bhp is it spinning the wheels in 2nd.

• Like 1

I've done about 1300km and the Adblue range is 11,000km. It took about 1000km for the range to drop by 500 from the starting 11500km range.

I think you might be right about it not being full on delivery...

Yes, all 190s are Adblue

I've done about 1300km and the Adblue range is 11,000km. It took about 1000km for the range to drop by 500 from the starting 11500km range.

I think you might be right about it not being full on delivery...

Yes, all 190s are Adblue

Thanks for the confirmation on the 190's all being set up to run with Adblue.

I guess it's not a big burden or cost with that sort of range. 

It's in Driving Data on the Maxidot.

Price isn't much concern It's a company car but knowing how much to fill is.

Putting in 10liters at a time would be ideal as that's the size it comes in (or2x5l).

Why not do it the cheaper and easier way .... fill it up via the pump (next to the HGV diesel pumps)

When I picked up my 190 from the dealer the the range shown in maxidot was 7000miles. According to Skoda figures a tank of Addblue ( 13 L ) should last about 8300 miles. After 345 milkes mine showed 6500 miles, after 1200 miles it showed 6000 miles. . If Skoda are stating true distances for a tank of Addblue I should have thought a brand new veicle with 3 miles on the clock should have shown 8000 miles on the maxidot. Also Skoda state the usage is between  0.8 to 1.2 L per 620 miles depending on type of driving.

I will be obtaining a genuine top up container when required, then following different methods found on the web, top up this container from bulk buys. The genuine top up container does not allow overfilling, so no mess !!

I would be interested if other members can check the top up prices at their dealers I have seen quotes of as much as £1.50 a litre ( included labour costs for filling ) which would seem a rip off.

I will be checking my dealers prices next time I am passing.

• 3 months later...

When I picked up my 190 from the dealer the the range shown in maxidot was 7000miles. According to Skoda figures a tank of Addblue ( 13 L ) should last about 8300 miles. After 345 milkes mine showed 6500 miles, after 1200 miles it showed 6000 miles. . If Skoda are stating true distances for a tank of Addblue I should have thought a brand new veicle with 3 miles on the clock should have shown 8000 miles on the maxidot. Also Skoda state the usage is between  0.8 to 1.2 L per 620 miles depending on type of driving.

I'm getting worried now. I've just clicked 1000 miles on the clock and my adblue range is still showing 7000 miles which is what it said when I picked up with just 100 miles on it. Be interesting to see when it changes.

Did 6,100 miles on 190 DSG with 1,000 miles range left, so in theory 7,100m. Wait til it prompts to fill up (1000m range) and it accepts a full tank of 10ltr, so no mess or faff. Paid £20/10ltr off Shell forecourt for convenience but will likely try HGV pump next time.

You'll find AdBlue pumps becoming more and more common on the forecourt as more cars using the stuff hit the roads. Maybe they'll stick PAYG AdBlue pumps where the water, air and vac units normally sit? 

My AdBlue range plummeted when new and then eased up. I've done almost 6,000 miles and now have 1,400 miles on the remaining distance. I thought I was not going to get anywhere near the 7,000 but it seems that I will after all. System saying max 2.25gals now.

I bought the fill up from Amazon for £14. Not as cheap as a garage forecourt as you have to buy a container, but I don't have any local forecourts where I can get it yet except in 10l bottles. Dealers want exorbitant amounts for it I'm told - and charge labour on top.

Depending on forecourt availability, I'll order a drum of the stuff and decant it into a smaller bottle with a proper filling nozzle. 10 Litres for £15 on Amazon, and it's Prime too. 

You can get 10ltr drums with a poring nozzle built in from Truck dearleships such as Scania & Volvo. AIR1 so top quality and a lot cheaper !

Picked up my Superb today, averaged 50.2mpg on trip back from Milton keynes. Just got out of a Seat Leon ST FR. A bit of a difference !

Be interesting to see what skoda charge.

Audi now have a flat rate of £1.50/litre put in the car.

I payed £0.84/litre at Lancaster services, however, will let audi fill it at services for convenience.

According to vcds I use 1 litre/100km.

Interestingly the a8 has a 24 litre tank which fits with the first fill up at 14000 miles. However, I got 14 litres in with the manual stating at most you can 16 litre. I assume/hope audi can do the full 24 litres when in.

You can get 10ltr drums with a poring nozzle built in from Truck dearleships such as Scania & Volvo. AIR1 so top quality and a lot cheaper !

Picked up my Superb today, averaged 50.2mpg on trip back from Milton keynes. Just got out of a Seat Leon ST FR. A bit of a difference !

Congratulations on your new car, and welcome to the forums. 

I suppose it doesn't really matter where you source AdBlue, as long as it corresponds to ISO 22241-1 

Thank you

Change cars every 3 months but Have Skodas to the end of the year. Another Superb in June then a 230 vRs in September. Big fan of the brand

My wife wants to change her 'regular' vRS TSI for a 230 later on in the year. Either that or a 220 DSG Superb. What a time to be alive..... :D

Must be strange chopping and changing cars so often. You get used to a car and then it starts all over again with something else. Perpetual new car smell must be a bonus though.....

• Like 1

Can be a pain when you get one you like a lot, but not allowed to do more than 8500 miles and Im at that in 12 weeks. Ordered the 230 in meteor grey, think I might not like letting that go.

Been dealing with vehicle with Adblue since 2007. Hopefully there wont be the scaremongering there was with heavy trucks back in 2007. 

Be interesting to see what skoda charge.

Audi now have a flat rate of £1.50/litre put in the car.

I payed £0.84/litre at Lancaster services, however, will let audi fill it at services for convenience.

According to vcds I use 1 litre/100km.

Interestingly the a8 has a 24 litre tank which fits with the first fill up at 14000 miles. However, I got 14 litres in with the manual stating at most you can 16 litre. I assume/hope audi can do the full 24 litres when in.

Phoned my dealer  a couple of weeks ago they wanted £1.50 a litre, this includes labour charge. They said how it takes over half an hour to top up. If you get the starter kit from halfords it has the standard filling adaptor  (( this is suppposed to fit all vehicles that use adblue )) with the spring cut off so no chance of spills or over filling, Skoda say not to overfill, Where my dealer says it takes half an hour to top up is a complete mystery to me, with the kit 4 litres goes in in seconds, then top it up again from a 10 litre container and top up  until the flow stops ease up container and valve seals it completely.

Remeber to check the dates on Adblue containers, it only has a shelf life of 18 months unopened, also every 18 months some vehicle makers are emptying the Adblue tank and refilling. I see no need for this unless you do very small milleage, normal milleage you should have added quite a drop of Adblue and therefore it should be up to date. AdBlue seems to be the dealers friend, like engine oil on oil change.