Tow bar prep

No it does not. I asked the same to Skoda uk. I ended up opting for a full factory towbar.

Many thanks. Looks like I may have to go that route too then, I want it fully coded etc for caravan towing. Does anyone know what brand of tow bar Skoda fit?

• 4 months later...

how much was it to get fitted by the dealer? looking at getting one fitted myself.

Just had a quote of £1156.09 to have one fitted by my local dealer here in Devon. Includes six and half hours labour at £79.50 + VAT!!!!!!!!!!!! No way am I paying that.

Just had a quote of £1156.09 to have one fitted by my local dealer here in Devon. Includes six and half hours labour at £79.50 + VAT!!!!!!!!!!!! No way am I paying that.

You can get a removable one by Westfalia fitted and electrics all sorted for under £500.

If you can get the factory fit tow bar do it. If not at least get the factory plug in electrics they are not expensive parts.

There are several options depending on whether you need split charging for caravans and whether you have tow bar prep on the car.

Tow bar prep just runs the couple of wires to the front of the car from a plug in the back which you then plug in the tow bar electrics. It saves moving a lot of trim.

If you can make the rear bumper cut out the exact size on the instructions there is an official blanking plate that clips into the hole

Whatever you do get the car properly coded. Telling the stab system you have a trailer is quite important. Fitting a tow bar is a bit more involved than it used to be and there are lots of ways to fry your central electrics or leave you snaking into the ditch.

It is not as simple as scochloking a 7 pin wire set onto the lights of a 1970s Cortina but it is surprising how many (professionals) think it still is.

• 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

Thanks for adding me to the group.

I live in France and have a Yeti 4x4 2014, not sure of the exact model number.

I was quote 1500 euro's by Skoda dealer to fit tow-bar !!

I am an engineer (retired) and there is no way I am parting with that sort of cash.  My question is, is there anyway if I can find out if the tow-bar cables have been fitted (front to back) without ripping my lovely car apart??  I have seen some very good "how to" on this forum.  One of them says I need to take off the rear left hand boot covers, as mine is left hand drive, could it be on the other side?  If the tow-bar prep has been done then the job looks relatively easy but I really don't want to go down the road of running cables from front to back or messing with the fuse box.    Any help or advice would be appreciated.  (where to buy tow-bar) (how to determine which model of yeti I have ).    many thanks  Jim

Try pf Jones for a fitted quote

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PF Jones will be doing mine. Quoted £530 for a Bosal detachable with 13 pin electrics, fully fitted with dedicated vehicle electrics.

You can get a removable one by Westfalia fitted and electrics all sorted for under £500.

Have sorted a mobile fitter who fits tow bars for local Skoda Dealer, who will do the whole job for £465, supply, fit and code. (Westfalia detachable)......Result.

• Like 1

Sorry, only just found this! PC tow bars based in Plymouth. Gary 07740 783975. He is coming to fit mine on Tuesday.

Edited by rogerdyer

• 6 months later...

Tow bar prep just runs the couple of wires to the front of the car from a plug in the back which you then plug in the tow bar electrics. It saves moving a lot of trim.

Do you, by any chance, know where the plug is in the back when T/B prep is fitted at the factory?  I bought a Westfalia one from PF Jones last week which I've decided to get a local garage to fit, but it would save a few ££ if they knew where the plug was located before starting.

Ta