Tail lights - boot section

Sounds to me like the hatch gets the inner LED strip, the combi however does not?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe not the case then, looks like this estate has them...

11_rear_light_on.jpg?itok=NqKa0mxu

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 2

Would welcome Markab & petersky1976 input, as they both have a SE Business Combi.

I will drop them a PM.

Rick

Hi Rick,

I can confirm that the lights on mine do not extend into the boot.

Regards

Kyle

• Like 1

How weird... more so as its not documented anywhere.

I was thinking along the line of, if you have xenons up front you have the "extended led strip" into the oot lid.

I

Edited by RickTT

What an utterly bizarre thing to have inconsistent between trims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it turns out to be a spec / trim difference it's absolutely bonkers!!

Not really, as it’s the same as having Halogen or Xenon headlights.

I was thinking along the line of, if you have xenons up front you have the "extended led strip" into the oot lid.

I

that was my thinking too.

• Like 1

My SE L Exec without LED pack is in the car park. I'll take a look tonight when I go out.

My SE-L without led has the bits on the hatch lit if that helps

Could either of you confirm if you get any of the following other illuminations on an SE-L without LED package: door handle illumination, footwell illumination in front and rear and illuminated vanity mirrors?

I am wondering if any of them are still present, but just not LED, or are they missing altogether?

Thanks.

I'd have to check door handle but footwell front and rear and the illuminated vanity mirrors are there. Not LED lights though but certainly there.

If you have crystal elements as in the picture, then you have a LED High version, In SE trim you probably don't have glass effect as Active and Style version in Turkey. 

Sounds to me like the hatch gets the inner LED strip, the combi however does not?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe not the case then, looks like this estate has them...

11_rear_light_on.jpg?itok=NqKa0mxu

I'd have to check door handle but footwell front and rear and the illuminated vanity mirrors are there. Not LED lights though but certainly there.

Just to update that you have LED door handle lights as well.

I

having now had more info my members, this is perhaps more the case.

There is distinction between SE/SE Business and the SE-L Executive in terms of the former has halogens and the latter Xenons. So it would appear you get the inner rear light strip if you have the xenons perhaps?

Need an owner of an SE or SE Business WITH optional xenons to confirm.

having now had more info my members, this is perhaps more the case.

There is distinction between SE/SE Business and the SE-L Executive in terms of the former has halogens and the latter Xenons. So it would appear you get the inner rear light strip if you have the xenons perhaps?

Need an owner of an SE or SE Business WITH optional xenons to confirm.

If anyone has access to ETKA it would be interesting to find out if there are multiple versions of the inner light clusters. If not it could be as simple as something needing to be plugged in, or coded?

Edited by Pete T

Pete can you see the LED bar in the tailgate light?

They are just visible even when the lights are off.

Well I never! It does indeed look like the inner boot mounted lights have no tail light LED bar within them! What a daft spec difference. I can understand lights being different between trim levels, filament vs. LED but I can't think of another car where seemingly the same clusters aesthetically have different areas lit dependant on spec. Odd, just odd.

post-95556-0-68881500-1449086712_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pete T

Just to update that you have LED door handle lights as well.

Thanks for checking - it's very strange that they are there, as the brochure makes that appear like an upgraded spec you only get with the LED package. Similar with the footwell and vanity mirror lights - the brochure reads as if you don't get any without the LED pack, but it seems that you just upgrade those from filament bulbs to LED.

Does your car have the standard front xenon lights, or do you have either of the optional assists (high beam assist or smart light assist)?

I have Smart Light Assist (code PNG) so worth asking if someone else who doesn't have this also has the lights. That being said, I don't think it's part of that pack.

Well I never! It does indeed look like the inner boot mounted lights have no tail light LED bar within them! What a daft spec difference. I can understand lights being different between trim levels, filament vs. LED but I can't think of another car where seemingly the same clusters aesthetically have different areas lit dependant on spec. Odd, just odd.

So do those inboard light clusters actually have any functionality?