Special paints on CZ configurator

After seeing Erik's beautiful L&K in Space Violet I had a look on the Czech configurator. You can clearly order a Superb out there with a 'special factory paint'. Try it out, some jaw dropping colours available.

After you select the paint, choose the left option that comes up if required.

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/cze/cze/cs-cz/3v3/69116

Daft thing is... If they can do this at the factory what does it matter where the order is coming from? Why not offer it to everyone!

• Like 3

What do we get in the UK - 12, and most of those are really bland.

................and nIne of them are actually shades of grey!

My favourite so far is the Zelena Petrol but still checking them out!

I guess the colour selection is all about the image Skoda want to portray in the UK. If you suddenly start seeing 'none executive' colours it might change the perception of the brand.

True you can get colours similar to this on certain models in the premium/executive sector but when was the last time you saw a yellow S Class or a lime green A6?

These colours are more suited to the sports models, C/E 63 and S4/5/6/7 etc. These can be had in these types of colours, but for the normal spec, they just don't look right.

I remember that flat yellow was an option on the A8 12 or so years ago and it looked hideous. I knew someone who had one and he admitted that he got it for a stupid price, because of the colour.

Maybe the Sportline will be offered with a wider range of colours.

^^ hear what you are saying, but go on the Audi UK configurator page for the A6 and look at the totally bland array of colours.

It's too rigid in the UK, you must conform to this, must conform to that! So what if someone wants a "Oranzova Tangerine" Skoda Superb - in fact it would probably heighten the brand as it will be noticed more.

I passed a white Superb 3 the other day, it was a dull day, and the car was slightly dirty - it looked boring, and blended in with the rest of the dull cars on the roads. The S3 from angles has a very striking design and needs a bright colour to show it off, hence the colours of the show cars.

/rant over

• Like 1

I guess the colour selection is all about the image Skoda want to portray in the UK. If you suddenly start seeing 'none executive' colours it might change the perception of the brand.

True you can get colours similar to this on certain models in the premium/executive sector but when was the last time you saw a yellow S Class or a lime green A6?

These colours are more suited to the sports models, C/E 63 and S4/5/6/7 etc. These can be had in these types of colours, but for the normal spec, they just don't look right.

I remember that flat yellow was an option on the A8 12 or so years ago and it looked hideous. I knew someone who had one and he admitted that he got it for a stupid price, because of the colour.

Maybe the Sportline will be offered with a wider range of colours.

I honestly don't think that we will get the Sportline in the UK as it goes against the image of the Superb being the luxury model of the range, however I'm more than happy to be proved wrong. 

One of the reasons in the UK colour choice with dull colours is to enhance resale value on the approved used market.  If they start offering lets call it non British preferred colours the resale market for these could pull the overall average resale price down which is a risk to dealers flipping cars.

• Like 1

There used to be a time when you could order a right hand drive car from the continent to save money, can this still be done.

Any Czech members living in the UK care to call a dealership over there and see if that option is still available?

If it is, some members on here could have a really unique colour car in the UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I loved the shots from the Geneva Motor Show with the yellow gold metallic car.

That I'd have in a second.

That looks very much like Zelená Pistachio on the configurator, to me. Fourth row down, seventh across. Quite liking Modrá Nightfire - would look great with the beige leather interior

Edited by Citigopher

That looks very much like Zelená Pistachio on the configurator, to me. Fourth row down, seventh across. Quite liking Modrá Nightfire - would look great with the beige leather interior

I can only think of a musty old Rover 600 when I read the name 'Nightfire'... :nerd:

Beige interior would be nice but I'd want to go for black leather interior with tinted glass, black alloys, blacked out chrome on all surfaces with the large glass roof. The two colours work so great together.

One of the main reasons I'm not putting my hand in my pocket for a new Superb. None of the colours agree with me. Come on Skoda. Oh, and try converting the prices from the Czech configurator and you might be tempted by trying to order in Prague.

• Like 1

Oh, and try converting the prices from the Czech configurator and you might be tempted by trying to order in Prague.

I'm not exactly sure of the tax in Czech but if you take the UK VAT off they are pretty much the same price both here and there.

UK L&K 190 4X4 DSG = £33,840 of which £5524 is VAT.

My wife had a tour of the Morgan car factory last week, if you ask for a 'bespoke' colour she was told they have approximately 40,000 colours/shades to choose from. The car configurator is great fun when choosing a bespoke colour, there is an outer circle of main colour and an inner square of shade to choose from. By dragging the mouse around between the two the car changes colour. 

Lotus will do any colour you want too. Premium paint is the option. My elise is Audi Paradise Green. My mate had his done in Lamborghini Viola so it would look good parked next to his SE30.