Fabia 1.2 TSI 105 DSG - Best Mid-Range Tyre? 205 45 16

yus786

Sorry, another one of these. Total tyre noob here never bought one before

Done a good bit of searching, need a couple of mid range tyres to stick on the front of my car. Based in the wet UK. Pretty much all my driving is local miles I rarely go on the motorway. 

Price range up to £75 a tyre but preferably £50 per tyre

From the searching I've done it seems like the one to go for would be the Uniroyal rain sport 3 at £116 for 2

Before I make the purchase is there anything else I should consider? The spec of the RS3 I'm wanting is C for economy and A for grip which seems quite good to a noob like me

I'd be tempted by the Uniroyals, but if I had the choice, I'd buy the same thing again - Avon ZV5, £63 a corner from mytyres, may be cheaper elsewhere. I have them in the same size on my Ibiza 130. I won't lie to you - most the time I drive it like I stole it and they just grip. Great in the wet too.

• Like 1

I agree on the Barums, had a set on my 325ti and they exceeded my expectations. I couldn't fault them at all.

Edited by Tom_vRS
  • Like 1

After reading reviews I bought Michellin CrossClimate, which were £72 on Blackcircles. Can't fault em, the tread pattern looks cool too imo

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Shame they don't come in 205/45/16 size yet.

Falken Ze914s fitted to the Fabia; pleased with them. Wanted Fulda SportControls but difficult to get in the UK.

I'm looking to buy the falkens for my Fabia too, in size 205/40/17. Are they good ? I can get them for 70€ one, when the contisportcontact 5 (supposedly the best) are around 105€ each. So I would save 120€ or more than one tire.