999Pooch's next car - Passat Alltrack 190 DSG

999pooch

So initial shortlist, will add to as I get more suggestions -

BMW 340i

RS3 (if lease prices reduce by more than 10%)

BMW 330e

Mercedes c350e

Golf R

Yeti (not sure which one)

BMW 335xd

Ford RS (unlikely as lease deals unlikely to be good)

BMW 135i

There's a few Beemers on that list now!

I may be biased but how about an M135i?

Would tick a lot of your boxes - biggish boot, 5-door, very quick, RWD handling fun, nice 6-cyl soundtrack. And most importantly it's not a diesel!

I'm sure Keith could post up links to some m135i's if anybody's struggling to master google too... :D :D 

• Like 2

I'm sure Keith could post up links to some m135i's if anybody's struggling to master google too... :D :D

http://usedcars.oceanfalmouthbmw.co.uk/showroom/1-Series/3.0-M135i/Penryn/3415256-605427135-3497085.aspx?srcmdc=se_ce_re_

Your wish is my command o learned one!!

• Like 1

^can personally vouch for this car ;-) Never raced or rallied lol!

Not that 999pooch is actually interested in a secondhand M135i mind you....

• Like 2

There are some PCP (not leasing) deals filtering through for the new Focus RS, see post #111...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/371738-focus-rs-details-and-pricing-revealed/page-4

Must be lease to go through my business, but even on PCP it's above what I want to pay.

On a 23+6 lease, max I want to spend is £400 / month :)

Golf R Estate more than covers your brief with even greater business flexibility ,should you need it for your growing business,than your current Hatch.

Ticks all the boxes.

Looks pretty good as well. Option on your list me thinks. But you know I'm biased like Tom!!

However,you will have to wait for the 4WD Cooper S JCW 5dr with extra space.lol

Edited by vrskeith

Golf R Estate more than covers your brief with even greater business flexibility ,should you need it for your growing business,than your current Hatch.

Ticks all the boxes.

Looks pretty good as well. Option on your list me thinks. But you know I'm biased like Tom!!

However,you will have to wait for the 4WD Cooper S JCW 5dr with extra space.lol

If it's another Golf R, it would be another hatch.

I've managed adequately without the extra space for the last 18 months and I don't particularly like the estate version of the Golf R. Maybe not a common consensus amongst Golf owners, but just my view and I've got to look at it everyday :)

I'm lucky in that most of the stock I need for my business is brought to my premises by my suppliers own vehicles, so its just odds & sodds from the cash & carry that fit OK once the seats pull down.

• Like 1

If anyone finds the RS3 on a sub £400 / month lease (inc vat) in the next 4 weeks, I'll personally buy them a drink (5 x beer tokens via Paypal) :D

Caveat: initial deposit no more the 6 months, 8k mileage and 36 months max.

Edited by 999pooch

Decision made then!

If were that simple, I would have signed up by now!

I can't find one under £434 / month inc vat (23+6). They quote £10 less but won't honour the price, as it now has 'free' sat nav that bumps up the price.

I know it's only £34 / month more than my top budget, but the top is the top. The RS3 just isn't worth £200 / month more than I'm paying now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

M5 then. sorted.

It's a serious contender.

Spoke to a couple of dealers this week. Some great deals to be had.

As I'm leasing the less options the better, and the basic M5 is so well spec'd there's virtually no need to add anything. Although with BMW, they told me that 'certain' options, such as the HK audio actually increase the value of the car that it almost adds nothing to the monthly payments.

I'm going to be watching very carefully how the price moves in January, as BMW are currently subsiding the M5 heavily. None of the dealers could tell me which way the price would go in the next quarter.

It's a serious contender.

Spoke to a couple of dealers this week. Some great deals to be had.

As I'm leasing the less options the better, and the basic M5 is so well spec'd there's virtually no need to add anything. Although with BMW, they told me that 'certain' options, such as the HK audio actually increase the value of the car that it almost adds nothing to the monthly payments.

I'm going to be watching very carefully how the price moves in January, as BMW are currently subsiding the M5 heavily. None of the dealers could tell me which way the price would go in the next quarter.

sounds good. 

they're a fab car apparently. ive never been in one myself.. but my best mate quite liked the one he drove and he's used to high powered cars. 

i just like the idea of a really practical car, but stupidly fast. Its the same reason i love the idea of an Audi RS6 or even an RS4. 

Only thing that puts me off is the supercar running costs, or so ive read. 

Cant help on the value side of things im afraid.. im not familiar enough haha

• Like 1

I do think the 335d XDrive M Sport saloon/touring really takes some beating as an all rounder.

Reasonably practical, about as quick a car as anyone needs, a diesel but not that diesel like to drive (so I gather), 40mpg real world economy potential, LCI I gather has also righted most of the wrongs with the stock XDrive suspension so doesnt nees adaptive shocks, not terribly spec'd out of the box either. It could be better spec'd but thats BMs for you.

The 340i is even nicer in certain respects but probably more money for very little performance advantage and will be nothing like as frugal if really used...though the turbo straight 6 does sound glorious.

Chuck the Plus package on either then you get LED lights, HK, sunset glass and one of the pretiest 19" wheels out there...its quite a car.

If you want to go really tight...metallic and leather is of course standard so you can choose a nice colour combo...they also now do an option of a Black 18" wheel for less than £200 that gives the car quite an individual look (better than the stock 18's IMHO) and also rids of run flats in place of Michelin Supersports or something like.

Problem with the M5 is it will be epically expensive to run and Id personally be paranoid to leave it anywhere. Its basically a super saloon pretending to be a practical day to day car...the reality is that it isnt really.....it can do it but who really wants to leave a 70-odd grand car in Tescos car park on a Sunday?

Bit left field but considered a RSQ3? Bit marmite but I love them, not sure if the PCH deals on them are particularly good though.

I might have missed it in the thread somewhere, if you'll consider a 3 series and a M5 why no M3?

Price! There have been some great M5 lease deals, which are cheaper than the M3 / M4. Coupled with the fact that the M5 is so much better spec'd as standard than it's smaller siblings.

To get an M3 to a similar spec as the M5 would be about £100 / month more!

The M5 deal has disappeared as of yeaterday, but I'm pretty hopeful (so I've been told) that a similar one will appear shortly ;)

Edited by 999pooch