999Pooch's next car - Passat Alltrack 190 DSG

999pooch

I going to try and sit in a Rocco R this weekend. Just to rule in / out. Stonking value, & at that price I'm not too fussy :)

Very good deal.  If you're tall like me you'll need to take some grease to prize yourself in and out - it's a very low roof line!

Very good deal. If you're tall like me you'll need to take some grease to prize yourself in and out - it's a very low roof line!

That's the worry. I also pop to the cash & carry a couple of times a week, so need to see what the boots like with the seats folded ;)

That's the worry. I also pop to the cash & carry a couple of times a week, so need to see what the boots like with the seats folded ;)

900pooch,

When you go in to test drive in the Sirocco R, why don't you ask what info they have on price / spec on Golf GTI Clubsport.

http://www.evo.co.uk/volkswagen/golf-gti-clubsport/17036/volkswagen-golf-gti-clubsport-review-the-ultimate-gti

Just contacted my VW dealer  about the above Clubsport , the sales exec says they are still waiting info from VW UK, having . had several local enquiries from potential customers..

900pooch,

When you go in to test drive in the Sirocco R, why don't you ask what info they have on price / spec on Golf GTI Clubsport.

http://www.evo.co.uk/volkswagen/golf-gti-clubsport/17036/volkswagen-golf-gti-clubsport-review-the-ultimate-gti

Good call on the Clubsport, but I doubt it will be available in time for me :(

I've definitely done a full U-Turn on what car I want, or actually need.

Going to start looking at cheaper, honest cars, more suited for thr type of driving I'll be doing :)

• Like 2

999pooch,

Enjoy, if you struggle to get in then it's a years subscription for the local gym thrown in as part of the business deal.

Think the presenter is a Scottish Gentlemen incognito!!

Shame they edited getting in!

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

999pooch,

Enjoy, if you struggle to get in then it's a years subscription for the local gym thrown in as part of the business deal.

Shame they edited getting in!

They didn't show that for the obvious reason!

Dare I mention Golf R estate again without sounding like a broken record?!

Someones missus is just in the process of ordering an R Estate and no it's not Tom's

All that shopping!

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

I would de-badge this or put on A200CDi Badges,

fold the rear seats and be the happiest Cash & Carry shopper there is. 

I think the happiest Cash & Carryist would use an RS6!

Edited by Wardy
  • Like 2

Not really, it would be a location location type thing,

which is probably why ATM robbers who can drive what ever they want might make the A45 AMG as the vehicle of choice,

the RS6 is rather wide for getting in parking bays (obviously using Parent Toddler or Disabled bays helps)

and on the best driving roads Scotland has.

I tend to think of the Scirocco as a 2-seater with a decent boot. Tends to work better that way in my head.

I don't envy full sized people being made to sit in the back of one, for any more than a trip across town.

• Like 1

999pooch,

Shame they edited getting in![/quote

George, finding this salesman very suspicious - did you ever go to Stage School!!

Good call on the Clubsport, but I doubt it will be available in time for me :(

I've definitely done a full U-Turn on what car I want, or actually need.

Going to start looking at cheaper, honest cars, more suited for thr type of driving I'll be doing :)

You need one like this then:653f78383b8f31b345d2fa4ad04933ba.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You need one like this then:653f78383b8f31b345d2fa4ad04933ba.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Steve,

How is it going for you, appreciate it's a stopgap for the Hyper Alfa?

Have you reviewed it on here?

I've posted a bit about it Keith in the superb pages. It's a good car, only gripe is a rattly dash and a propensity to guzzle diesel if you drive it hard, so 40 mpg is easily achievable. Drive it like it has a helium filled throttle pedal and I've seen 55. It's huge though and very comfortable. Ideal for wafting up motorways, as I do. Pretty grippy too, no worse than my mk2 octavia vrs.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I going to try and sit in a Rocco R this weekend. Just to rule in / out. Stonking value, & at that price I'm not too fussy :)

So did you get to having the test drive.