TG news

Aspman

For me the thing is, he's likeable, something that Chris Evans isn't. I was surprised the BBC swapped out Clonkson for someone who is an even more abhorrent human being and one with less talent to boot!

With both Clarkson and Evans you either love them or hate them, personally I like them both, that is not to say that i agree with all of their comments or actions but they are entertainers and IMO they both do that brilliantly ... if a little contraviertionally at times.

As for Matt Le Blanc mmm.... i’m really not sure that it will work, only time will tell.

Urgh they really want top gear dead don't they.

neither of them have much relevance to cars other than being loaded and able to afford nice cars. They're not even funny.

I do worry if Sabine's accent will be a problem as well.

neither of them have much relevance to cars other than being loaded and able to afford nice cars. They're not even funny.

Viewers won't be concerned with her accent ;)

Both seem to have good driving ability though,.. if not entertainment. Having said that... TG seems more about entertainment. If you can powerslide and be funny at the same time, happy days. 

Yeah i was concerned about Sabines accent tbh. Even if she is pretty fluent, it isnt in a way thats easily understood sometimes. 

Well maybe, but only in that it's likely to cause me to lose all focus on her words!  :devil:

The less Chris Evans and the 'more' of anyone else can only be a good thing for me. I will definitely watch the first episode and suspect I'll watch the whole series as it can often take a whole series or two, for a new project like this to find it's feet. The eclectic mix they have so far is pretty interesting. Something else that occurred to me is that old TG had 3 very distinctive voices to listen to during the voice overs of their features. In Clonkson and May they had two men with very listenable and pleasant voices :) At least new TG has 'Joey' who has a very nice tone to his voice too :)

Still, it shows consistency following on from a known thug who assaults people.

More a loss of focus rather than thug I'd say. Hope the new programme isn't anything like that trash TFI Friday though as it's just unintelligible chaos.

More a loss of focus rather than thug I'd say. Hope the new programme isn't anything like that trash TFI Friday though as it's just unintelligible chaos.

it's not the first time he has hit someone. A thug in my book. A very entertaining and witty thug, but a thug nonetheless.

I agree. Yes, he shouldn't have hit the producer. However after seeing the final episode, as well as being tired, cold, wet and muddy, I think I'd be hungry as well.

However, it has been established (according to the Telegraph) that on one of the occasions, he was driving to Disneyland with his kids in the car. No excuse for that...

I agree. Yes, he shouldn't have hit the producer. However after seeing the final episode, as well as being tired, cold, wet and muddy, I think I'd be hungry as well.

However, it has been established (according to the Telegraph) that on one of the occasions, he was driving to Disneyland with his kids in the car. No excuse for that...

He had stayed in a pub drinking (with a helicopter on hold) before eventually flying back to their digs to eat - but being so late they missed the hot food - and not finding the cold food substitute up to scratch , the tall pugilist lost the plot. Strangely enough, none of the crew who would have had a significantly longer, colder and wetter day (without a helicopter) would probably have gone on to hit anyone that evening.

I might struggle to watch it if Eddie Jordan is involved. He makes my skin crawl. Possibly the best reason to shell out for Amazon Prime would be Eddie Jordan joining TG imho :D

Could have been worse - could have been Jordan! (If Katie Price is still known as Jordan!)

• Like 1

it looks like they are carpet bombing the show with celebs (or a near approximation of celebs). Smacks of being a little desperate. But you never know, they might find through hit and miss a winning formulae and trim down the excess for a successful second series. A sort of Celebrity Battleships, where the ships are replaced by celebs.