TG news

Aspman

TBH I think they are just hiring who ever accepts the job. Matt Le Blanc and Chris Evans yes they both like cars but what do they know about presenting and narrating a car show

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

. Matt Le Blanc and Chris Evans yes they both like cars but what do they know about presenting and narrating a car show

Thee was a time when Clonkson was just a writer for Performance Car, James May had been sacked from Autocar and Richard Hammond was a local radio presenter. None of them were TV car show presenters. Perhaps that is what made them so special, they didn't really know what they were doing and so it remained refreshing to watch them for many years (even if people moaned about the last few years of the show)

• Like 1

So has anyone kept count of who is allegedly going to appear on TG as part of the main-ish cast?

Is it (so far):  Chris Evans

Sabine

Guy Martin?

Matt Leblanc

Chris Harris?

Eddie Jordan?

Crashtor Maldanardo (made that one up)

Edited by Lady Elanore

TBH I think they are just hiring who ever accepts the job. Matt Le Blanc and Chris Evans yes they both like cars but what do they know about presenting and narrating a car show

Both petrol heads, both producing experience, both well seasoned professionals in the world of TV. All good to me, I'd rather watch someone who is genuinely a petrol head that takes a while to settle in as a presenter than someone whos a banging presenter but doesnt really 'get' cars. 

Matt Le Blanc and Chris Evans yes they both like cars but what do they know about presenting and narrating a car show

How much experience do you expect? 

As he is a petrolhead and a TV & radio presenter I would have thought he was ideal... time will tell, but far better to have someone who is passionate about the subject IMO.

Edited by Gizmo68
  • Like 1

Chris evans

Matt le blanc

Chris harris

I think that line up should be fine, doesnt really require a female as this would spoil the show, females and petrol is not a good mix

I am not going to bite :wall: Although I think Sabine will spoil your party

So is she going be Zee Shtigge then?

That would be fun. I thought she would just occasionally pop up and scare people randomly? Don't suppose she can do the Ring stuff at the moment though, unless they have lifted the speed limits?

Chris evans

Matt le blanc

Chris harris

I think that line up should be fine, doesnt really require a female as this would spoil the show, females and petrol is not a good mix

So Evans replaces Clarkson - a controversial loud moth car nut.

Harris replaces May - the knowledgeable nerd (however certainly not a Captin Slow)

Will Le Blanc replace Hammond?

Sabine is The Stigess (female Stig)?

Edited by Jim H

So Evans replaces Clarkson - a controversial loud moth car nut.

Harris replaces May - the knowledgeable nerd (however certainly not a Captin Slow)

Will Le Blanc replace Hammond?

Sabine is The Stigess (female Stig)?

Actually, when you put it like that...

I think it's been said before but Rebecca Jackson might be a credible option. She's a really good presenter and has good car credentials.

She also happens to be quite presentable, I'm certainly happy watching her car reviews on YouTube. ;)

Edited by gullyg

Is Becky a porsche driver ?

Yep, that's the one.

She is a car journalist (Car buyer and The Telegraph) who's done a bit of TV (I want That Car on ITV4) and can drive well (She races Porsches).

Not bad looking either. Perfect for the Job. B)  :yes:

If they're redoing the format they should ditch the stig too

It looks like they are still using the track at Dunsfold. They should have made a complete break from any parts of the last format of Top Gear.

• Like 1

No, Keep the Stig, ditch SIARPC. :yes:

I've never really enjoyed that bit either, but I wondered if it was a big draw for the 'celebs' to go on the show. A lot of them genuinely seemed to enjoy it.

Siarpc was a good concept, until it just became part of the uk leg of media promotion for film releases etc (diaz, cruise, wahlberg etc..)

it just became crap. Plus it lost the charm when the car got better - the lliana was crap, the lacetti not much better. The cee'd and astra just too "good" imo

Siarpc was a good concept, until it just became part of the uk leg of media promotion for film releases etc (diaz, cruise, wahlberg etc..)

it just became crap. Plus it lost the charm when the car got better - the lliana was crap, the lacetti not much better. The cee'd and astra just too "good" imo

Perhaps a 'Wall of China Wind Force premium' is required

• Like 1