Clutch Squeak

Hello All,

Our Rapid 1.2TSI has developed a loud squeak when you depress the clutch. However it is intermittent and comes and goes.

It's either full on squeak, or nothing at all.

It's not our shoes or slippery pedals.

Is this something I can sort myself with a little lubricant?

Many thanks, Alex

Is it coming from the inside of the car or is it deeper? Try depressing the clutch with your hand to better locate the source of the sound. If it's from the inside maybe a little WD40 will fix it.

• Like 1

I've got a squeaky acelarater pedal I've also mentioned it on this forum and it's still going on, my cars due its first service next month and I intend to ask the garage to sort it out. Hopefully they won't tell me to oil it!!! It beggars belief that in 2015/16 some people think that we should do that to our nearly new cars ourselves and think nothing of it. Maybe in 1959 but now these days, sorry.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 1.2 TSI started doing this last night and was worse on the way to work this morning. It's quite a comical sound - like a squeaky dog toy trapped under the pedal - but as I got to the car park it stopped. All very odd. It certainly sounds like it's coming from inside the cabin. I'll have a look this weekend but if I can't tell where it's coming from I might have to book it in... at which point it will inevitably stop.

I've got a slight squeak on the clutch pedal, mine's not there all the time, seems just when starting off first use.

I don't see any inconvenience in not trying to sort it myself, perhaps with a little oil first.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was in for a service, I told them, they located the squeek, told me they had oiled it and it wouldn't happen anymore. The next day it was back and does it all the time, not very pleased! I've decided to live with it though, I just can't be bothered anymore.

• 4 years later...

has anybody found a solution to this problem? I have the same issue, sound is coming from inside the cabin near the pedal pivot point, no amount of silicon lubricant seems to make any difference.

Ummm no. Both of mine did this intermittently from new.

The first one also had the creaky front suspension which was far more annoying, and the second has the draughty drivers door window seal.

Point is, its a cheaply built car for third world markets and not really up to Western Europe quality expectations.

Did I mention both needed new turbos inside the warranty period...:dull:

Edited by camelspyyder