Climate not working

*murph*

After a shopping trip today my climate has stopped working & vcds is stating 9485831 - air blower- B10BE 07 (008) mechanical failure does this sound like the motor has gone has anyone had to change one / im hoping its just a glove box out & swap over not a dash out joobbie.

There are two lads at work, one with a VW Touran and one with a VW Toureg, both have suffered fan blower motor failures recently.

On the Touran the glovebox didn't even need to come out,it was just behind the pollen filter.

Hopefully the Superb is equally as simple.

After doing some ringing around ive managed to get a new motor from eurocar parts was £105 but with their current promotion i got it for £89, tps wanted £370 for the same part / ive been told its by the pollen filter so im hoping the next dry day to have a crack at it & ill try doing a how to as there ant any about for the superbs any where. 

So its done & working now so i can where im driving & a warmer car / im sorry i didnt have time to do a how to guide as i was playing avoiding the rain clouds.

I can confirm it its just a case dropping the glove box out of the way the motor is located at the front on the underside by kick panel. it is held in place by one 6mm bolt & then twist the unit anti clock wise to remove not forgeting to remove the wiring plug,

Replacing it plain reverse of removal & clear any codes with vcds.

Edited by *murph*
  • Like 4

So its done & working now so i can where im driving & a warmer car / im sorry i didnt have time to do a how to guide as i was playing avoiding the rain clouds.

I can confirm it its just a case dropping the glove box out of the way the motor is located at the front on the underside by kick panel. it is held in place by one 6mm bolt & then twist the unit anti clock wise to remove not forgeting to remove the wiring plug,

Replacing it plain reverse of removal & clear any codes with vcds.

Thanks *murph*

Did the glovebox have to come out or did it just make the job easier?

I know that when renewing the pollen filter the foam that needs to be peeled back above the passengers feet provides good access up behind the dash.

Just curious really...

Did the glovebox have to come out or did it just make the job easier?

I know that when renewing the pollen filter the foam that needs to be peeled back above the passengers feet provides good access up behind the dash.

Just curious really...

you might be able to do it with the glovebox in place but its really tight for room & its almost impossible to twist the unit to remove it 

• Like 1

Do you have air coming through on manual control at say its highest setting?

I’ve noticed on mine (2014 MKII) that air doesn’t come out of either of the two the central vents (above the hazard warning lights button) when either on automatic climate control or even when switched to full blast on manual. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

NB: The rotary knob for all air outlet vents is set to the full open position.

Just a quick sanity check, are the rotary dials either side of the vents set to open?

I've noticed that the markings when set to open are remarkably similar to the markings when shut!

Just a quick sanity check, are the rotary dials either side of the vents set to open?

I've noticed that the markings when set to open are remarkably similar to the markings when shut!

Yes, they’re both open. Rolled them the other way too just in case but still no air. I was thinking that part of the plenum chamber might be blocked which feeds these two vents? This is a total guess as I’m unfamiliar with the structure that feeds the air outlets.

Interesting topic. As an aside, I have noticed lately that the number of "green bars" showing flow on the unit is often up at 4 I don't recall it being that high unless I manually increased the air flow. Perhaps it is my aging brain not recalling the bar count. It was the increased brightness that caught my attention. I have it set to auto 98% of the time. Anyone else noticed?

Interesting topic. As an aside, I have noticed lately that the number of "green bars" showing flow on the unit is often up at 4 I don't recall it being that high unless I manually increased the air flow. Perhaps it is my aging brain not recalling the bar count. It was the increased brightness that caught my attention. I have it set to auto 98% of the time. Anyone else noticed?

There are two AUTO modes. Press the auro button to switch between low power and high power modes. The green led on the auto button moves from left to right. On the left is low power, up to fan speed 3. High power on the right, up to full speed from memory.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Have just sorted mine by replacing the motor.

Got a replacement from the scrappy taken out of a 2009 Passat.

Have to get the right one for your car Climatronic ?

Simple job, a few torx screws holding glovebox,  unplug a couple of lights, air bag switch (reconnect this if you are going to switch on)

and a couple of air ducts,

You will be able to see motor, unplug and rotate slightly anticlock looking from below, motor will be off.

If you require any more info message me.

I have a great picture of the motor, that I found on e bay.

VW AG 3C0 907 521 F is the description on the motor

Rollsp

Yes, they’re both open. Rolled them the other way too just in case but still no air. I was thinking that part of the plenum chamber might be blocked which feeds these two vents? This is a total guess as I’m unfamiliar with the structure that feeds the air outlets.

Quick update:

I’ve notice when activating the AUTO function (either low or high mode) that no air will come out from the middle vents. In fact, the only setting which permits air to be expelled from the middle vents is when the ‘Air flow to head’ button is selected (top row of buttons, third from the left).

The above applies irrespective of the fan speed. Do others experience this too?

My center vents definitely blow air while on auto. On Auto mode the car does switch around how much air it delivers to different vents, so sometimes very little comes out, so maybe it starts in this mode on your car. Leave the vents open and direct them at your hands/face while you're driving and hopefully you'll notice air coming out as the auto mode switches distribution around.

• 3 months later...

My climate control is not working correctly. Symptoms are fan speed modulates continuously and very little air comes out of the vents even when the fan speed is high. I use it on auto most of the time. Is this a sensor problem or indicative of fan failure?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, I know this is an oldish thread but when you buy the motor does the fan come attached ?

and if so do you detach it or separate the fan from the motor? forgive me if this sounds nuts.

Edited by ShinerJJ

Hello guys, I know this is an oldish thread but when you buy the motor does the fan come attached ?

and if so do you detach it or separate the fan from the motor? forgive me if this sounds nuts.

Hi yes it comes as a complete unit, buy it from eurocar parts as its oe spec at a fraction of the dealer price

Cheers murph

I ordered it from eurocar parts yesterday ( £105 with a cheeky 18% off! )so I'll have a crack at fitting it today if I can.

I'll try to post some pics.