Service intervals Fabia 111

My UK Dealer advised that a Service Booklet is no longer supplied with the car, it is all recorded digitally now (helpfully tying you to a Skoda Dealer ;-)) Of course if you choose to get it serviced outside the Skoda network you'll just have to keep your receipts as a record. Your car will either be set-up for 10K intervals or variable. If it's due a service the display should be telling you that (your post doesn't mention if it is or not).

Regards Bob

I made an oil- and filter change at 10000 kms. Well, the shop did.

First of all because noone can make me believe that there will be no residues after running in the engine and secondly because winter will cause a lot of cold starts, despite the electrical motor-heater installed. Fresh oils are not that expensive.

My Fabia has reached 10000 kms: We received no service book with it, so any advice will be helpful. Thank you.

Speak to your dealer. Its usually 15000kms or 1 year, whichever comes first.

No service books these days, just keep the bill as proof.

Speak to your dealer. Its usually 15000kms or 1 year, whichever comes first.

No service books these days, just keep the bill as proof.

Its your choice, fixed intervals meaning 15.000 kms/1 yr or variable which can mean as much as 30.000 kms - or less depending on driving circumstances. All described in the manual.

Also common sense has a certain value here....

you should see a code in a sticker in your boot  possibly under the spare wheel

-  it may list the service interval 

it should say 

fixed :

QL1 =  5000 km or one year 

QL2 =  7500 km or one year 

QL3 = 10000 km or one year 

QL4 = 15000 km or one year 

OR

variable long life / flexible 

QL6   = 30000 km or two years 

it seems different  countrys  and engines have different codes 

Edited by dadumtish

My Fabia has drivin over 16k km. And no service indicator yet. The info screen still shows is gonna reach 30.000 before service. Is this healthy for the motor? I thought first oil change was around 10k km.

can you see any option code in the manual or boot spare tyre space sticker  that gives a ql code as above (  like ql6 )   ? 

i think your car should say 14 k to next service if on 30k  interval ,      is there no service countdown ? 

i would check with the dealer if i was you ,  as if you are on fixed , you are past the max = 15k , so should get an oil change 

if you are on variable ( 30k )  you are ok 

The cars left the factory with Long Life oil and the engines are suitable for Variable / Flexible Servicing (Oil & Filter Change.

That means about 30,000 km (under 19,000 miles) Depends on Use / Environment and such factors obviously.

If you want to change the oil and filter sooner, then that is what to do.

If you do annual mileages under 10,000 miles a year maybe change the Oil and Filter annually if you want.

Even change or have the Indicator changed to Fixed Servicing.

You can even stop using Long Life Oil and go to the Spec for Fixed Servicing.

Its all about location location location, how and where you use a vehicle, what you want to spend and keep your Warranty Valid.

Good Oil, good filters (Oil & Air) and good fuel and filters will help your cars life long term obviously.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 1

Could someone please check if their car is on Fixed Servicing or they can reset the Service Interval, 

is it 9,400 miles / 372 days that comes up or was on the car when you collected it?

Skoda as well?  I thought that something/one had messed up daughter's late 2009 Ibiza as it had not warned me about needing a service very soon, after replacing the oil and filter (first time it has been done outwith the Seat service network) I scanned the car and then reset the service indicator - then some reason I checked the service due display 9,400Miles or 372Days, now the 9.400Miles is probably the same as 15,000Km but 372Days - is that a metric year and if so when will the new calendars appear?  I seem to remember finding that wife's new Polo is set for fixed servicing, but have not confirmed that it is also 9400/372.

• 7 months later...

It is 1 year and 1 week.

Allows for PDI and then delivery / hand over.

Or a Holiday Week and Service Centre not open 1 year later.

Sorry, bit late to this party. My Fabia III 1.2TSI/110/DSG will be a year old early September, when it will have circa 9200 miles on it. Service indicator is telling me that an oil change is due in 17 days and Dealer told me, at hand-over, that it was on "Fixed" servicing, so everything tallies.

However, just had a look at the sticker that came with the car ... now in front of the "Service Schedule" booklet ... And that clearly shows service level as QL6, "Variable". Should I suspect that the service indicator gubbins has been reset, by the Dealer, from Variable to Fixed for, er, some reason?

Fixed seems right if your annual mileage is what it is, but they are supposed to check with you.

So what would be the downside, if any, of it being set at "Variable" as per factory info?

None other than you are going maybe 18-24 months without someone checking your car over mechanically while on a ramp.

But if you do all your checks on the car then there is no issue, you will just be having the Oil & Filter changed less often.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

Oil i do not mind not being changed if that suits an owner, but that is on a car not doing short journeys which is not getting moisture burned off (H20) which can cause the oils life to shorten & engine life,

they use Long Life oil from the factory and at Servicing, but VW OEM filters are garbage IMO and i would not leave one on for 19,000 miles.

(But then i never use Castrol or Quantum Long Life Oil because i think that is rubbish as well and i would not keep it for 19,000 miles, i do not for 10,000.

So Fixed Servicing, Oil changed every 10,000 miles & decent oil. and a nice new filter (good filter)

Even for someone doing high annual mileages then best have a professional check everything within 10,000 miles unless you check tyre walls you can not see for bulges etc etc. 24 months without a service or visual checks can be 2 winters which is far too long without brakes and steering inspected, fluids checked IMO.)

Edited by GoneOffSKi

None other than you are going maybe 18-24 months without someone checking your car over mechanically while on a ramp.

But if you do all your checks on the car then there is no issue, you will just be having the Oil & Filter changed less often.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

Oil i do not mind not being changed if that suits an owner, but that is on a car not doing short journeys which is not getting moisture burned off (H20) which can cause the oils life to shorten & engine life,

they use Long Life oil from the factory and at Servicing, but VW OEM filters are garbage IMO and i would not leave one on for 19,000 miles.

(But then i never use Castrol or Quantum Long Life Oil because i think that is rubbish as well and i would not keep it for 19,000 miles, i do not for 10,000.

So Fixed Servicing, Oil changed every 10,000 miles & decent oil. and a nice new filter (good filter)

Even for someone doing high annual mileages then best have a professional check everything within 10,000 miles unless you check tyre walls you can not see for bulges etc etc. 24 months without a service or visual checks can be 2 winters which is far too long without brakes and steering inspected, fluids checked IMO.)

Apart from the opinion re VW filters I'd got all of that. Was wondering if I'd missed anything marque-specific. Seems not, but thank you.

• 1 year later...

when we picked up our 6 mth old 1.2 tsi with 4k miles last week i thought the sales guy said it would be 20k miles to the next service or some time interval like a year.

to my mind that sounds an awful lot of miles without an oil change, i change the oil in my old motorbikes every 3k miles.

Edited by bollard
error

My Fabia Monte Estate 1.2 90 has it's oil change every 9400 miles or 365 days. Brake fluid change at 3 years old. In fact I dud 20,000 i nthe last year so probably could have done variable, hey ho!

Bought mine ex-demo, so dealer kindly minor serviced at 4800 miles and minor at 14200. Yesterday it was minor serviced again at 23,600. So my computer in-car said it only had 6400 to 30,000 service!!!  Which is not true as it was just done. So had to get the dealer to manually change it to 9400 till next which will be it's 33,000.

If you buy ex-demo, Just be wary of the above if you have a dealer service your car before driving away. I'd have preferred if they didn't service it and I could have done it myself at 9400. It's annoying to have services offset when the mileage doesn't tally up. Grrr.

• Thanks 1