Vrs vagcom mods

One button unlock a must

Needle sweep

Alarm beep

Auto locks after 5 mph

Digital speed on maxidot

Indicator soft touch 3 or 4 or 5

One button unlock is a personal preference. I prefer drivers door only on first press.

Needle sweep *should* be enabled by default on the vRS.

Alarm beep is *strictly* illegal in the UK. Deemed to be sounding the horn whilst stationary.

Auto locks are a definite in my eyes. Stops most forms of hijacking and they auto unlock in an accident that deploys the airbags so there's no safety issue.

Digital speedo. Again a definite one. So much nicer having a large easy to read speedo.

Indicator soft touch adjustment.  I like 4. Others will like different numbers of flashes.

Also:

Teardrop wipe.  After you've washed the windscreen it waits a few seconds and does another wipe.

Steering weight.  Too light for me as standard so set it to the GTi/vRS mode. No idea why the vRS isn't set as standard to vRS weight.

If you've got PDC then you can also change the pitch and volume of the beeper. Ideal for me as my wife is partially deaf and I tuned the pitch to match her best hearing.

Window switch settings so that they are one-touch up or not.

One button unlock is a personal preference. I prefer drivers door only on first press.

Needle sweep *should* be enabled by default on the vRS.

Alarm beep is *strictly* illegal in the UK. Deemed to be sounding the horn whilst stationary.

Auto locks are a definite in my eyes. Stops most forms of hijacking and they auto unlock in an accident that deploys the airbags so there's no safety issue.

Digital speedo. Again a definite one. So much nicer having a large easy to read speedo.

Indicator soft touch adjustment.  I like 4. Others will like different numbers of flashes.

Also:

Teardrop wipe.  After you've washed the windscreen it waits a few seconds and does another wipe.

Steering weight.  Too light for me as standard so set it to the GTi/vRS mode. No idea why the vRS isn't set as standard to vRS weight.

If you've got PDC then you can also change the pitch and volume of the beeper. Ideal for me as my wife is partially deaf and I tuned the pitch to match her best hearing.

Window switch settings so that they are one-touch up or not.

is horn beep actually a horn beep on the Fabia? 

I haven't tried mine, as im not interested in it tbh.. but i activated it on my mates 2009 Golf, and it was more of an alarm churp. I didnt actually hear it at first.. i had to listen carefully. 

"Alarm beep is *Strictly* Illegal in the UK"

I must ask a Traffic Officer next time i see & hear one locking the Police Vehicle.

?

Where did that gem of a factoid come from?

You would be locking a vehicle and alarming when outside a vehicle, and if the alarm goes off than you are likely not in the vehicle.

Anyone breaking in to a vehicle and setting off the alarm might be involved if other offences than just sounding a horn.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 1

"Alarm beep is *Strictly* Illegal in the UK"

I must ask a Traffic Officer next time i see & hear one locking the Police Vehicle.

?

Where did that gem of a factoid come from?

You would be locking a vehicle and alarming when outside a vehicle, and if the alarm goes off than you are likely not in the vehicle.

Anyone breaking in to a vehicle and setting off the alarm might be involved if other offences than just sounding a horn.

ahaha. i have to say George.. i did laugh at that and i couldnt agree more. 

TBF, even if it was illegal.. whos going to be bothered? its abit of a churp. You'd have to lock your car next to somebody who really knows (if it even is, which im doubtful) the law, plus theyd have to be a complete arse too. 

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Hi All

Why is it that there is not a section on this part of our forum that details the VCDS "how to" for our Fabia? as there are on other sections ie Octavia 3, Suberb etc?

Many thanks

Steve

Well I've never heard so much **** in all my puff, 'strictly illegal'. Is that from the Facebook law school?

Olly you're right it's not a horn as such it's the alarm siren that, to be more accurate 'chirps' not beeps.

Thanks for the comedy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi All

Why is it that there is not a section on this part of our forum that details the VCDS "how to" for our Fabia? as there are on other sections ie Octavia 3, Suberb etc?

Many thanks

Steve

Theres endless threads on it. Search google and they all come up (:

Well I've never heard so much **** in all my puff, 'strictly illegal'. Is that from the Facebook law school?

Olly you're right it's not a horn as such it's the alarm siren that, to be more accurate 'chirps' not beeps.

Thanks for the comedy!

If it were illegal then all current alphas would be breaking the law! You would thing a big manufacturer would know these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabiamk2SE

Agreed, but it would be nice if there was a thread that contained the info!!

You could say the same for the Octavia 3 section., they could do the same, but no!! There is a thread for them, etc.

The whole point of this forum is to provide the info that we as Skoda owners, the info is at our hand! If we have to search Google - then what is the point of this forum!!!.

Steve

fabiamk2SE

Agreed, but it would be nice if there was a thread that contained the info!!

You could say the same for the Octavia 3 section., they could do the same, but no!! There is a thread for them, etc.

The whole point of this forum is to provide the info that we as Skoda owners, the info is at our hand! If we have to search Google - then what is the point of this forum!!!.

Steve

depends how you look at it. 

without this forum, there wouldn't be many good relevant links to click on, on google :D

Yes

But, on the Octavia 3 part of this forum, many thanks to "Andyve" we have a long list of VCDS adaptations that can be done! I know that the Octavia 3, there are are a lot more things that can be done! Plus as a have a Octavia 3 vRS, this info has been very useful (thanks Andy), but a list of what you can do and how to do it for our Fabia 2 would be very useful. I am sure that there are some guys out there that can compile a list, "jono" for one!

That's may thoughts, for what's it worth.

Steve

• Like 1

I quite agree, plus what would be nice, as per the thread on the Octy 3 part (etc) of the forum, a compete how to!! I know that there are a lot of clever guys on here, that could do this! I know Andyvee is the "expert" on Octy 3, but I am sure we have some upcoming experts in training that could provide the information.

Steve

PS Many thanks to Andyvee, that I can do also do any number of adaptions to my Octy vRS, but my Monte is feeling left out!!

Plenty of info on YouTube and the Rosstech website. Rosstech also have a channel on YouTube.

http://www.ross-tech.com/index.html - there's also an online manual here.

If you're not familiar with it and haven't used it before, just be extremely careful and take a common sense approach of making notes of what you're changing, initial coding and that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more with Wardy, make sure you note the original values before you change the codings, stay away from anything you aren't sure of and ask on here if you need advice. I don't know enough to offer any advice other than what Wardy said.