condensation

andy d

Hi all.

I am having rather annoying problems with condensation on my 4 year old Roomster Scout in the mornings the sreen is covered with a lot of condensation and I use a Karcher window cleaner to soak it up as a cloth is not enough. And in freezing weather it turns to ice. Can anyone come up with a solution please

Change the Pollen Filter, and check all drain holes etc.

If you have A/C use it when Temperatures allow, ie over 2*oC

Remove everything damp from in the car. Including wet mats when parking up.

Carry winter stuff, but be sure it is not damp.

Dry Condensation from spare tyre well.

Dry the cars interior as well as you can.

Polish the paint around the door seals.

Renovate the rubber door seals, Tyre / Bumper Renovator or Night Before De-icer etc.

Polish all the glass inside.

Get Anti-Mould / Damp packs, Pads,

Scottish Cheap way, Dry Salt in a little container to absorb moisture, Marg Container or the likes pierced.

It is just as has always been required with older cars come UK Winters.

Air and dry inside when ever possible.

• Like 1

I don't know if this will help but until recently I was driving a P reg Nissan Almera, which was always full of condensation. When I looked closely at the windscreen seal, it had actually broken and shrunk in a couple of places, so there were gaps in the seal, and this was letting in the damp air. I cured this with a few bits of blu-tack! :D

I've noticed my new-to-me Roomster is good at steaming up as well, so watching this thread with interest.

Here's something I found, which I might try. http://lifehacker.com/prevent-car-windows-from-fogging-up-with-cat-litter-fil-1668963388

Edited by Morgana

Hi Andy,

If door seals are not so good, wipe them over once a week (all five) with veg oil on a little piece of sponge, they absorb it and swell back up, worked well on my Mk1 Fabia; and costs next to nowt!

Touch wood, haven't yet had too much bother with the Roomster, but then there's only me uses it, and then only once or twice a week.

Good stuff from everyone above; PLUS; does it have Panoramic Glass Roof;               Do these leak?  

Or a conventional sunroof with blocked drains?

Or have you recently carried luggage on back seat (like happened to me over Christmas break) which nudged the window winder a bit on one side and left a gap at the top, it was several days before I realised!!!!

Just thinking of possible sources.

Richard

Edited by RichardatWakefield
  • Like 1