Setting memory with electric seats doesnt work

Today when I got into my car I noticed my right door mirror was out of my adjustment. (maybe completely unrelated)

(I drive the car myself only.)

I adjusted the mirror, seat adjustment works well as usual and when I wanted to memorize this position I noticed it doesnt work.

I used this feature when the car was new (more than a year ago and I know this worked, you got a loud bong when you remembered seat and mirror position)

I followed the instructions from the manual clearly:

1. engine must be turned on

2. press SET button

3. Press (and hold) desired memory number position

However no bong... and I used to have some slightly different seat position remembered on number 2 and this doesnt exist anymore.

Also I noticed  in infotainment (again maybe completely unrelated), under seats, it doesnt let me turn this option on:

(I actually never used this as far as I know, but went to see what seat options are in infotainment)

http://s10.postimg.org/y4391ej5l/seat.jpg

Is it time for a trip to the stealer?

I dont want to come there and hear: "You havent done this..." (and the dealer is on the other side of the town)

Is it time for a trip to the stealer?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Mine was also making problem with mirrors every time, mirrors were wrong so I turned it off. Seat memory works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if makes a difference (as the key is still in the same position) but the engine does not need to be running. Have you tried with the ignition on but without the engine running?

I havent programmed the keys at all, I have only memorized two seating positions. I still have to visit the dealer for this.

I will try without the engine running, only key with ignition on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to update this:

The advice from this thread works (and all similar threads like this):  

https://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1363504&postcount=2

I couldnt get it going when I tried first time, but yesterday I managed.

I didnt even reclined backrest, I only lifted the seat far up after moving far foward and when I heard the "bong" I was happy.

Its important to release and then push the button once more when the seat comes to an end because then it moves just a little bit more.

So in the end nothing is broken, just the seat memory needed a reset, and in my case it happened because I was using extreme seat position since I am tall and I had the seat in far backward position which at some point I guess freaked out the seats. (I read this somewhere)

Hopefully this saves someone trip to the stealer.

• 7 months later...

with kessy ;

get one key in the car and then program your settings , after that press set and 1 ( or 2 . 3 ) mib should beep settings saved .

Get the second key ( put the other one far away ) and repeat for that key.

i struggled with it too , dealer was UN-aware of the whole programming ( they use only one key ofcourse for demos )

• 1 year later...

I have a 245 vRS with memory seats and they don't work. Only got 3500 miles on the clock. How do I get these working ? Or is it a trip to the dealer ? I get no audible confirmation when trying to store the seat positions. Never worked since i've had the car.

• 1 year later...

Anyone find a solution to this?

I at some point set my seat position on no 1.

It remembers it but won't set other positions on 2 or 3.

Nor will it amend no 1.  

Tried it with key activation on and off.

Thought about factory reset seat positions on infotainment and starting again but if I still can't set it it'll just lose the one position I have.

• 5 months later...

Hi Alex

Did you sort this one out? Mine is a -15 and does the excact same thing! My memory on pos 1 is working ok, but not able to alter nr 1 or program the other to positions. 

Nope, I forgot I replied to this and started a new thread the other day actually.

No is the short answer.  Not sure what's wrong with it or how to sort it at the mo.

Annoyingly it wasn't bothering me until this weekend, now I've fitted a new child seat behind mine and have to have mine tilted slightly more forward, so the 1 memory position that was ok, not isn't.  
I'll just not press the memory buttons for now.