Skoda fabia vrs 1.9 tdi broke down need help

Pride and joy is broke down so was coming of the roundabout was doing 30 mph then put foot down then car just died no power at all then came to a stand still tried to start the car nothing just kept ticking over won't start but I've had a over boost fault code in the car for awhile any suggestion on Wat happened

Exactly the same scenario happened to me when my turbo disintegrated.

Accelerated off a roundabout, lost all power, pulled over, would turn over but it wouldn't start,

Wouldn't start as the turbo had destroyed iteself so completely it blocked the airflow to the engine.

Should look like this

SN851715.jpg

Actually looked like this:

SN851710.jpg

Edited by PastyBoy

Had a look at her today and same problem Wat pastyboy had turbo completely bobo itself the car has been remapped so if u put on a 150 bhp turbo would u come along having any problems or better of sticking standard 130 bhp turbo?

Had a look at her today and same problem Wat pastyboy had turbo completely bobo itself the car has been remapped so if u put on a 150 bhp turbo would u come along having any problems or better of sticking standard 130 bhp turbo?

When the turbo goes most people replace with a garret 1749va which is a pd130 turbo but were the ones fitted to golfs and boras. They are regarded as being a bit stronger than the KKK units found on the fabias.

you can put a pd150 turbo on which would see you to 190hp (after a remap) but you may find heat soaking an issue if still running the standard side mount intercooler

Andy

You can stick a PD150 turbo on no probs and run your current map,you just won't be getting the full benefit of the bigger turbo.

Then when your ready get it remapped to make use of the bigger turbo.

• Like 2

You can stick a PD150 turbo on no probs and run your current map,you just won't be getting the full benefit of the bigger turbo.

Then when your ready get it remapped to make use of the bigger turbo.

Exactly what I have done!

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Just get a replacement KKK turbo. IMO the Garrett VA is almost as flimsy, it's just there aren't that many around compared to the KKKs.

Fit the 150 or 160 turbo 1749VB turbo if you want it a little stronger. It's not a simple bolt on, the turbo needs "reclocking" to suit the Fabia installation. The car should be remapped to suit but will be OK on it unless it throws a wobbly CEL over boost pressure deviations (depending on what's in the current map).

J.