Reversing camera install

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the official one has moving guidelines?  

Depends if you fit a lowline or highline.

The one you linked doesn't have moving guidelines, however, this one does: http://www.carsystems.pl/skoda-superb-iii-3v0-high-line-rear-view-camera-kit-with-guidance-lines,id2288.html

Depends if you fit a lowline or highline.

The one you linked doesn't have moving guidelines, however, this one does: http://www.carsystems.pl/skoda-superb-iii-3v0-high-line-rear-view-camera-kit-with-guidance-lines,id2288.html

Thanks!

Now I need to figure out if I have a 1K8 035 150 B/D/E. Anyone know how to find out?

Thanks!

Now I need to figure out if I have a 1K8 035 150 B/D/E. Anyone know how to find out?

A VCDS autoscan is probably the easiest.

Oh - and what is the difference between lowline and highline ?

Lowline has static guide lines, highline has moving guidelines ;)

Oh - and what is the difference between lowline and highline ?

I'm pretty sure the high line variant has the active guidelines that are linked to the steering input.

The Mk3 camera has a few more features than the Mk2's. The Mk3 camera can do wide angle and 'look down' for hitching a trailer etc. These features most likely use clever software to manipulate the image from the camera itself.

Trouble is, does the head unit do this? Or is it the highline control module that manages it?

Thanks!

A VCDS autoscan is probably the easiest.

Lowline has static guide lines, highline has moving guidelines ;)

I'm pretty sure the high line variant has the active guidelines that are linked to the steering input.

The Mk3 camera has a few more features than the Mk2's. The Mk3 camera can do wide angle and 'look down' for hitching a trailer etc. These features most likely use clever software to manipulate the image from the camera itself.

Trouble is, does the head unit do this? Or is it the highline control module that manages it?

My (L&K) camera is 5Q0 980 556 and the lines moves

I've been having a look around and come across this site: http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/rear-view-cameras-12/

I don't know enough to know if any of these are suitable? Obviously the ones which are the wrong shape aren't, but there are several different ones which have the boot handle shape but vary hugely in price and say they are compatible with the S3... thoughts anyone who knows about these things? Also, does anyone know how to complete the VCDS coding to get it working?

Adding the camera at the time of ordering wasn't possible for me, but if there is a reasonably cheap way to do this successfully aftermarket I might be interested...

If it's at all important, the MY17 camera is the same 5Q0 980 556

Thanks - I just need to figure out what I need to fit http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/rear-view-cameras-3/oem-5q0980556-rvc-inner-highline-camera/ or http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/rear-view-cameras-3/oem-3v0827566c-highline-rvc-with-washer/

Wondering will I need some sort of mount etc.

• 5 months later...

So I eventually got around to this. I have fitted the camera and now have the cable ends at back of glove box. Not sure what connections I need now as I have lost any original docs I may have had and the company has not answered me in over 2-3 weeks.

The camera was : http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/rear-view-cameras/oem-rvc-mqb-rear-view-camera/ 

So can anyone help me with the connections? 

2016-12-28%2016.19.00%20HDR.jpg?dl=0

I'm assuming the 2 crimped connection (2nd and 3rd from right in the pic) go to pins 6 and 12 on the blue block at back of DVD unit. Not sure on rest. I assume I need a +12v and a GND, maybe a control cable.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

So I eventually got around to this. I have fitted the camera and now have the cable ends at back of glove box. Not sure what connections I need now as I have lost any original docs I may have had and the company has not answered me in over 2-3 weeks.

The camera was : http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/rear-view-cameras/oem-rvc-mqb-rear-view-camera/ 

So can anyone help me with the connections? 

2016-12-28%2016.19.00%20HDR.jpg?dl=0

I'm assuming the 2 crimped connection (2nd and 3rd from right in the pic) go to pins 6 and 12 on the blue block at back of DVD unit. Not sure on rest. I assume I need a +12v and a GND, maybe a control cable.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Not sure that pic attached right. http://picpaste.com/2016-12-28_16.19.00_HDR-fQQryZvI.jpg

2016-12-28_16.19.00_HDR-fQQryZvI.jpg

You find it in the radio unit socket. Be careful, there are 2 different can's - engine and infotrainment. You need to connect to correct one twistd pair - orange/violet (CANH) and ornage/brown (CANL). In the same socket You have power (red and brown) and in blue small socket pin no 6 is for the signal and 12 is for shield.

Edited by Enriquez
  • Like 1

You find it in the radio unit socket. Be careful, there are 2 different can's - engine and infotrainment. You need to connect to correct one twistd pair - orange/violet (CANH) and ornage/brown (CANL). In the same socket You have power (red and brown) and in blue small socket pin no 6 is for the signal and 12 is for shield.

Thank you! I found them by trawling through google for about 2 hours on Russian sites. 

I get a black screen when I go into reverse now (plus the OPS on the side). I guess that means the video feed but I have that cabled into the blue connector using pins 6 + 12. 

Also I used the CAN on the grey connector for high and low and the power from the main power to the head unit. The handle works in the boot so power seems fine.

• 1 month later...

yesterday installed additional washer to the RVC - the car has no rear wiper

we replaced the washer pump from one to double, stalks on the steering wheel and provide the OEM tiny pipe from the tank to the camera

a small coding enables the stalk to run washing of the camera

So - no electrical wiring needed, only mechanical job & coding.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Enriquez said:

yesterday installed additional washer to the RVC - the car has no rear wiper

we replaced the washer pump from one to double, stalks on the steering wheel and provide the OEM tiny pipe from the tank to the camera

a small coding enables the stalk to run washing of the camera

So - no electrical wiring needed, only mechanical job & coding.

Any chance of doing a write up on the bits needed and how you did it.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@Enriquez do you have any idea if the part number 3V0054634 is a low or a high camera? It seems that this is the official retrofit from skoda. In my country ( Romania) and also in England.

Also can you help us explain how to calibrate? I have found this template...is good? what else do we need?

The lines will be able to move for this part or not ( my local dealer has no f.... idea) ? If not i will speak with my local Skoda dealer to help me buy a camera that does....5Q0 980 556? 

Also if the official part is eventually high and the lines move, do i still have to calibrate or it comes directly calibrated from the factory?

Regards

VAS6350.jpg.f19cb69efb0719820724ca70b61960ed.jpg