LED Bulbs For Reverse Lights & Fog Lights

38 minutes ago, aki78 said:

Just click on the underlined green text, those are the links to the bulbs.

Yep, all Octy 3 uses the same bulbs so compatible.

Thank you. but they need to be modified as you said in your post, i am not that expert..anyway about the reverse light, which socket type i need to go for?

I have already ordered for OEM  number plate LED light from another website. getting excited!!!

Can someone tell me what is the socket type i should select here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HotSale-2pcs-lot-super-brightness-High-Power-1156-led-30W-CREE-XBD-p21w-led-ba15s-Reverse/2036956876.html  as its not allowing me to add it in the basket. Normally i know this is P21W..but why on earth it was asking to select H11 or H7!!!

50 minutes ago, automass said:

Can someone tell me what is the socket type i should select here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HotSale-2pcs-lot-super-brightness-High-Power-1156-led-30W-CREE-XBD-p21w-led-ba15s-Reverse/2036956876.html  as its not allowing me to add it in the basket. Normally i know this is P21W..but why on earth it was asking to select H11 or H7!!!

Ohh, now I see why you asked about H7 and H11...something is wrong with the listing.

You can either ask the seller or order the same bulb here: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aki78 said:

Ohh, now I see why you asked about H7 and H11...something is wrong with the listing.

You can either ask the seller or order the same bulb here: 

Thanks...I am gonna order it from the link you have given..by the way, what is our brake light/tail light specification? they seem to have different colours of the same bulb?

Edited by automass

Good that this thread is still alive :)

I wil lbe ordering from this link https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-1156-BA15S-30W-CREE-LED-With-Lens-360-Degree-Shine-Driving-Lamp-Bulb-Auto-Car/32395328134.html?shortkey=q2qyUJBb&addresstype=600
...and I hope it will be the same bulb as you have Aki78 :)

I am also looking for some nice LEDs for licence plate but I am not sure what to buy. I read some old thread where they linked these but they are kind of expensive: https://www.ledperf.co.uk/leds-pack-white-6000k-license-plate-for-skoda-octavia-3-5e-p-4949.html

Any thoughts ?
Also is changing licence plate bulbs to leds legal ? Do we need to tell insurance company about these "bulb mods(reverse+licence plate)" ?

Cheers :)

2 hours ago, fat4l said:

I wil lbe ordering from this link https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-1156-BA15S-30W-CREE-LED-With-Lens-360-Degree-Shine-Driving-Lamp-Bulb-Auto-Car/32395328134.html?shortkey=q2qyUJBb&addresstype=600

I am also looking for some nice LEDs for licence plate but I am not sure what to buy. I read some old thread where they linked these but they are kind of expensive: https://www.ledperf.co.uk/leds-pack-white-6000k-license-plate-for-skoda-octavia-3-5e-p-4949.html

Any thoughts ?
Also is changing licence plate bulbs to leds legal ? Do we need to tell insurance company about these "bulb mods(reverse+licence plate)" ?

For license plate bulb you can go to this thread www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/406211-led-number-plate-lights/   

I have also ordered mine from the link of that thread that you will find that everyone was talking about. thats a good question whether they are road legal or not, but my feeling is they should be because Octavia 2016, superb 2016 they are using LED number plate. I asked the dealer about the price and they seem to be £30 each.

Edited by automass

On 27/08/2017 at 10:05, automass said:

For license plate bulb you can go to this thread www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/406211-led-number-plate-lights/   

I have also ordered mine from the link of that thread that you will find that everyone was talking about. thats a good question whether they are road legal or not, but my feeling is they should be because Octavia 2016, superb 2016 they are using LED number plate. I asked the dealer about the price and they seem to be £30 each.

What do you think about reverse led lights ? Like...arethey road legal ? And if not what can happen ? I mean....what....pilice stops you and gives you a fine ? thats it ? Or can insurance company invalidate your policy ? I would not really mind the fine(I dont think it wil leven happend with REVERSE LED bulbs) but invalidating insurance policy would be a though one.
I asked my man in Skoda about "if the VCDS coding is allowed in order not to break warranty/finance policy" but stil lwaiting for the answer. Does anyone know this ?

Thanks!

My feeling is LED reverse light should have no effect for anything as they are in use only when you are parking the car. you can not have them turned on and driving. I am not quite sure though. let us know your findings though. 

1 hour ago, fat4l said:

What do you think about reverse led lights ? Like...arethey road legal ? And if not what can happen ? I mean....what....pilice stops you and gives you a fine ? thats it ? Or can insurance company invalidate your policy ? I would not really mind the fine(I dont think it wil leven happend with REVERSE LED bulbs) but invalidating insurance policy would be a though one.
I asked my man in Skoda about "if the VCDS coding is allowed in order not to break warranty/finance policy" but stil lwaiting for the answer. Does anyone know this ?

Thanks!

Any halogen bulb replaced for LED is not strictly road legal.

Are you likely to get a fine - no probably not as long as it lights sufficiently and to the correct colour.

Insurance company invalidating you policy - again if the correct colour and sufficiently bright, then very unlikely.

The other thing to mention is that reverse lights are not part of the MOT test.

All of the above applies if in the UK, if not then it may be different in your country.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2017 at 16:41, fat4l said:

Any thoughts ?

Ordered the LED reverse bulb from the same listing too. Will provide some reviews once I receive them.

Guys,

I've just received my bulbs today..i am dying to see how this bulbs work but thing is i don't have those metal clips to take the dust cover out. btw, do i need to do coding? did anyone in this forum do the coding, could you share step by step guide with us. 

16 hours ago, automass said:

Guys,

I've just received my bulbs today..i am dying to see how this bulbs work but thing is i don't have those metal clips to take the dust cover out. btw, do i need to do coding? did anyone in this forum do the coding, could you share step by step guide with us. 

ppl were saying there no coding needed for these

Ok now...Reverse light bulbs have been replaced and so as Number plate light to LED. now next one I am looking for to upgrade is Front lights..does anyone know if there is any easy upgrading for day time running light from halogen bulb to LED  and also low beam/high beam, side lights etc.. 

1 hour ago, automass said:

Ok now...Reverse light bulbs have been replaced and so as Number plate light to LED. now next one I am looking for to upgrade is Front lights..does anyone know if there is any easy upgrading for day time running light from halogen bulb to LED  and also low beam/high beam, side lights etc.. 

did you requiere any coding ?

• Like 1

No..I even checked with my OBDII, there was no fault code found regarding reverse light. there was one fault code found though which says Tank lid open activated...I don't know what that hell is. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

its a matter of sad. one of the reverse light started giving me trouble. 

B12CC15 - Right back-up light bulb Open circuit/short circuit to B+
            Intermittent

I took the housing off and reinserted the light bulb but still after sometime the light error sign comes on the dash...once i came out of the car and found that specific light bulb is very dim and again after sometime full bright. 

did anyone has this problem? can i ask for the replacement or did anyone has the replacement already. i don't think the quality of the light bulbs are good.  

Edited by automass

17 hours ago, automass said:

Hi guys,

Intermittent

I took the housing off and reinserted the light bulb but still after sometime the light error sign comes on the dash...once i came out of the car and found that specific light bulb is very dim and again after sometime full bright. 

did anyone has this problem? can i ask for the replacement or did anyone has the replacement already. i don't think the quality of the light bulbs are good.  

Nope not had any problems with the reverse bulbs or rear indicator bulbs since I started this thread, as that's when I purchased them from Ali-Express from Aki78 recommendation & they are still working perfectly! Maybe you just had a bad 1 out of the 2 bulbs, best to send the seller a picture of the bulb(s) showing the difference in light output & send a picture of the fault on the dash so hopefully they will send out a replacement to you B)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, automass said:

Hi guys,

Intermittent

No problems with mine after more than 150k km...

Open a dispute if it's still possible and ask for a full refund. Also attach a short video about the problem.

It can happen that the seller will try and ask you to stop the dispute (it's not good for us, blabla) but don't accept anything else than refund through AliExpress.

Unfortunately if it's a bad seller, he will promise to send new bulbs but you'll probably receive nothing. A good seller will accept the dispute right away though.

This is the safest way and always worked for me. You can tell them you'll order a new pair once you got your money back.

Good luck

I already send a massage to the seller through dispute, but didn't get any reply from anybody and to be honest, I am not desperate to get the refund. I am trying to assess the quality of the bulbs. if no one else has this problem then may be I am the unlucky one.

I may order for a new pair again, but before doing that I will swap the bulb over for right to left and left to right to see the actual fact. lets see how it goes. 

5 hours ago, fat4l said:

Bought the same item & since got it installed over a week - did over 200km since and had no issues at all. Extremely bright & even helps with the reverse camera during pitch black surroundings.

I ordered for this again. lets see how it goes this time..btw, i swapped the bulbs and still problem exists...so its not anything else other than the bulb itself.