LED Bulbs For Reverse Lights & Fog Lights

Aki

Any ideas on LED number plates bulbs/lights?

Thanks

Also from AliExpress and they are great bulbs.

Unfortunately the link will not help you, it seems the seller closed the shop. :(

I tried contacting them but no reply. No others sell that kind of bulb or I did not find it. :(

It seems that Andyvee bought the last ones...

Edited by aki78
  • Like 2

Also from AliExpress and they are great bulbs.

Unfortunately the link will not help you, it seems the seller closed the shop. :(

I tried contacting them but no reply. No others sell that kind of bulb or I did not find it. :(

It seems that Andyvee bought the last ones...

I found this one today for T10 (number plate lights, trunk, etc.): link

Probably a good alternative with constant current electronics & heatsink.

I have no experience with these bulbs.

Edited by aki78
  • Like 1

Ok I know I've taken this off topic mentioning about OEM number plate LEDs but just a quick update.

The 2 pair I ordered from carsystems showed up today and they look perfect, complete with VW emblem on them.

All I'm missing now is a car to install them in.

• 4 weeks later...

I have these: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HotSale-2pcs-lot-super-brightness-High-Power-1156-led-30W-CREE-XBD-p21w-led-ba15s-Reverse/2036956876.html

Cheaper, no bulb out error (did not need VCDS coding).

Brightness is super, color is WHITE with an absolute minimum of blue tint.

By the way the two channels for the reverse lights are:

-Leuchte28RFL LC11

-Leuchte29RFL RA64

If you recode the channels to "43-allgemeine LED" you can install any kind of bulb (LED or halogen)

Look here for some details about my bulbs: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/384898-adding-second-reversing-light/

The bulbs you linked are equipped with fake LED chips (not genuine CREE).

My bulbs have real CREE XB-D chips.

I ordered the same bulbs you suggested. After install I occasionally got error for left reversing light, but figured it must be CanBus related.

The weird thing is error occasionally keeps reappearing even after I changed the channels as you suggested (double checked). Any idea? Maybe I should try to set it as LED Lichtmodul?

I ordered the same bulbs you suggested. After install I occasionally got error for left reversing light, but figured it must be CanBus related.

The weird thing is error occasionally keeps reappearing even after I changed the channels as you suggested (double checked). Any idea? Maybe I should try to set it as LED Lichtmodul?

Possible loose connection...?

Did you hear the click sound when reconnected the light harness?

You can try different LED options first, but I cheched again...this is my current coding.

Loose connection can trigger bulb out warning even with LED coding.

Edited by aki78

I doubt its loose connection. Bulb works even with error. And first this bulb was on right side. Then I switched them and error followed the bulb. Might be a bulb related problem...

Poslano z mojega SM-G925F z uporabo Tapatalk

Sounds like bulb issue. :(

In case you have some soldering experience try and resolder the bottom contact point with adding some extra solder.

If that doesn't help make an evidence video, upload it to mediafire (youtube doesn't work in China) and contact the seller. Open a dispute and ask for a full refund as the product is faulty.

I had two similar cases so far and I always got my money back.

• Like 1

I ordered some from Ali Express on the strength of aki78's recommendation. They are brilliant, literally, no error codes and I can see what I am reversing into at last. Considering they come from China, they arrived very quickly and were a very good price.

• Like 1

Also just fitted the LED's that aki recommended and they look brilliant! No errors and can't wait to test them when it's dark as they look really bright in daylight :)

I've got some of the LED rear indicators on the way, again what aki recommended so can't wait for them to arrive too

• Like 1

Just out of interest has anyone changed such lights as the fogs to LED?

I saw a topic a few weeks back about someone changing them but they were about £180 a set so not the type I'm after! :)

Check this topic: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/382909-any-experience-of-these-bulbs/?hl=%2Bfog#entry4479707

Actual link to the product (newer version than mine).

One set is on order for my friend. :)

4300K is selectable for perfect match with the xenons.

• Like 2

So are they definitely bright enough for a fog light? Some look nice but don't light up anything!

Just check my comparison video, link in the other topic.

Here's a youtube link, mediafire is damn slow.

They are a bit brighter in real life...camera has problems with (PWM controlled) LED lighting as we know.

Edited by aki78

I have fitted these into my Superb front fogs... VERY impressive and match the DRL’s, they also light up the road very well:

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7338546343.html?orderId=72923300641797

IMG_1455_zpsol9shxrj.jpg

Compared to a 4,500K (white) halogen bulb on the left v’s OE std bulb on the right:

IMG_1318_zpspuduiwin.jpg

These looked OK... but were pretty useless as you could barely see them come on (cornering lights)

Edited by Gizmo68
  • Like 2