Two quick questions

I can't look in the user manual as the car is parked at Heathrow anf im not. I get back late tomorrow so fiddling around in the dark with a 4 hour drive ahead not appealing, hence this.

How do you save the seat settings to one of the memory presets? A bit late i know as purple parking seem to employ midget drivers....

What is the button to the left of the electronic Park brake for? It also resembles a brake drum logo with the letter A in it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

With the ignition on and your desired seat position obtained do the following.

Press the front memory record button then press and keep any of the three other buttons pressed until you hear a "bong" your seat position is stored.

I use number 1 for driving and number 3 for getting out of the car to avoid touching the seat side bolster on the way out and in to the car as it can lead to wear on the outer edge.

The A button is for the Autohold

The Auto Hold function (hereinafter referred to only as system) prevents the vehicle from rolling unintentionally when stopped. It is, for example, not necessary to secure the vehicle with the brake pedal or parking brake at traffic lights.

For the activation, deactivation and correct functioning of the system, the following basic conditions are required.

The driver's door is closed.

The engine is running (or shut-down automatically by the START-STOP system).

On vehicles with automatic transmission the selector lever is not in mode N (in this mode, the system is not available).

Edited by ant2ant
  • Like 1

While on the subject of memory seat setting, am I correct in thinking it's not a one touch memory setting? It seems that you have to keep your finger on the appropriate button to keep it moving towards the preset position?

While on the subject of memory seat setting, am I correct in thinking it's not a one touch memory setting? It seems that you have to keep your finger on the appropriate button to keep it moving towards the preset position?

That´s the way it works on my S2, at least.

Yes that's correct, I got caught with that at the start aswell!. I discovered recently that the 'RES' button on the Climatic contols uses heat from the engine to heat the car if you park up for a while (max 30mins) Very handy on the school run on a cold morning!

Edited by Rebelred

If you are not sitting in the seat you can select the desired memory and you do not have to hold your finger on it. I have to do this because SWMBO is short and I'd have to be some sort of contortionist to get into the seat before adjusting it :D

Just read the manual - doesn't matter if you are sitting in the seat or not. The only way a short press works is if the ignition is off and the drivers door is open, otherwise you need to keep your finger on it.

Edited by l4wrence

Press the front memory record button then press and keep any of the three other buttons pressed until you hear a "bong" your seat position is stored.

I use number 1 for driving and number 3 for getting out of the car to avoid touching the seat side bolster on the way out and in to the car as it can lead to wear on the outer edge.

A lower seat position in 3 then? I wondered about doing that. Would you share a bit more about your seat setup if you have time? thanks!

I thought that the driver's seating position was unique to the keys as well...

Open the door with key 1 and it moves to a certain position (and moves the external mirrors).

Open with key 2 and it would be different..

Is this not the case?

I thought that the driver's seating position was unique to the keys as well...

Open the door with key 1 and it moves to a certain position (and moves the external mirrors).

Open with key 2 and it would be different..

Is this not the case?

Yes, you're correct. The manual (page 85 of the pdf version) explains how to assign a memory to each key.

• Like 1

Which is the ftont memory record button? I tried pressing and holding first button got nothing. The numbered buttons take you to the saved positions, which im trying to overwrite.

Just read the manual - doesn't matter if you are sitting in the seat or not. The only way a short press works is if the ignition is off and the drivers door is open, otherwise you need to keep your finger on it.

Men don't read instructions, surely we are meant to have a play, work out how it roughly works then come on here and have someone usefully fill in the blanks :). So thanks, I will check out what you say regarding one touch function!

• Like 1

Which is the ftont memory record button? I tried pressing and holding first button got nothing. The numbered buttons take you to the saved positions, which im trying to overwrite.

1: Set seat to desired position (sitting in car, ignition on)

2: Press "SET"

3: Press desired number (1-3) you want to store position on.

4: Confirmation "bong" should be heard.

1: Set seat to desired position (sitting in car, ignition on)

2: Press "SET"

3: Press desired number (1-3) you want to store position on.

4: Confirmation "bong" should be heard.

Press and hold set whilst pressing desired number?

No, I set the memory by pressing 'set' then pressing and holding number against which I want to store the setting until the 'bong' sounds.

A lower seat position in 3 then? I wondered about doing that. Would you share a bit more about your seat setup if you have time? thanks!

I use the number 3 as there is less chance of mistakenly pressing number 1 and if you do not have the seat as far back as possible a large type arse is quite likely to rub on the seat bolster and will wear it over time. So I thought this little exercise would stop that happening and in nearly four years it has worked.

You dont have do hold the number.

I have always had to hold the number until the "bong"

Much better presented in print than me.

That is the quote I meant to say was much better presented in print than mine.

I give up I still did not get it right!

Edited by Danny 57

Thanks for the seat tip, works perfectly. On the subject of seats, its taken ages to find a sweet spot, partly because there is so much adjustment. So, I've saved position 1 and 3 the same, but experiment with 1. If its more comfortable, I save to 3, if not carry on experimenting!

Men don't read instructions, surely we are meant to have a play, break something, then work out how it roughly works should have worked then come on here and have someone usefully explain how to fix it fill in the blanks :). So thanks, I will check out what you say regarding one touch function!

Corrected that for you...applies to me at least :D

• Like 3