New planet (possibly) found (maybe)

Aspman

They've known SOMETHING was out there chucking random comets at us for decades*, why this is suddenly big news is beyond me. Is there something else going on right now that they DONT want us to notice??

* It was used to explain Lucifers Hammer, in the book of the same name by the two very well respected scientist/SciFi writers Niven and Pournelle.

My guess is that as long as the "especially interested parties" are poking around calling the landings fake its keeping them occupied and leaving other things/events alone...

very well respected scientist/SciFi writers Niven and Pournelle.

You know this means Science Fiction, Ian. :thumbup: .

I am very interested in the subject of astronomy, but reckon the scientist's could make loads of stuff up of which the average person would have no clue if it was true or not, or even feasibly possible.

For the Mars (is it Mars or Moon or both) landings to still be under scrutiny, well I'm amazed this has not been put to bed long ago.

Love (well actually hate) the tv programmes with titles similar to - Is Nessie real? Solved! -  And then you are just as unsure at the end of the program as you were at the beginning. :no: .

Edited by Tilt

You know this means Science Fiction, Ian. :thumbup: .

I am very interested in the subject of astronomy, but reckon the scientist's could make loads of stuff up of which the average person would have no clue if it was true or not, or even feasibly possible.

That is a danger of having certain agency's/ institutions who seem to have a monopoly on information.

This is why many scientist's, physicists ect, say that nasa stands for Never A Straight Answer, because when they have asked for information or answers they find it hard to get what they need.

Without going to far into it the fact that nasa was founded by ex nazi, warner von brain brought to America under operation paperclip after ww2, should raise a few eyebrows at least.

Without going to far into it the fact that nasa was founded by ex nazi, warner von brain brought to America under operation paperclip after ww2, should raise a few eyebrows at least.

NASA was formed by the US in 1958 under the presidency of Dwight Eisenhower. Wernher von Braun was the leading scientist on the V2 project, so it made good sense to the US to bring him and his knowledge of rocket propulsion to speed up the US space program, especially after the USSR had launched Sputnik. After the war the Nazi rocket scientists were either taken to the US or the USSR, so both countries benefited from the Nazi V2 research.

It would be nice if true, the circumstantial evidence does look quite strong. There have been all sky surveys done in the past which should have found a larger ( Jupiter class) object so it would have to be significantly smaller to have evaded detection, this is why they have started looking for a 1 - 10 times Earth sized body now. Its only the last few years that equipment capable of seeing down to this scale have come on line. It may need a Galaxy zoo type, mass data sifting, project to find it quickly.     

NASA was formed by the US in 1958 under the presidency of Dwight Eisenhower. Wernher von Braun was the leading scientist on the V2 project, so it made good sense to the US to bring him and his knowledge of rocket propulsion to speed up the US space program, especially after the USSR had launched Sputnik. After the war the Nazi rocket scientists were either taken to the US or the USSR, so both countries benefited from the Nazi V2 research.

I understand why they did it but never the less you can't on one hand say that the nazi were terrible people, what they did was so wrong, we can never let this happen again etc. But then on the other hand use the "valuable assets" to fight the "good cause". Just to add Russia apparently took a lot of the "psychics" with them they were known to be very advanced in the paranormal arts including remote viewing etc.

Not much has changed because they have been using the same tactics in the Middle East and all over the world.

I'm happy to discuss this stuff but at the same time even though related I'm not looking to take this off topic.

Edited by theezenutz

What I want to see is high res images of the moon landing sites. Seeing as they can take pictures of things millions of miles away why not dispell the hoax theories once and for all.

not hi res but...

http://www.space.com/26591-apollo-11-landing-site-nasa-video.html

lro-video-apollo-landing-site.jpg

And you know there are laser reflectors up there that anyone with the right kit can use?

Edited by Aspman

not hi res but...

http://www.space.com/26591-apollo-11-landing-site-nasa-video.html

lro-video-apollo-landing-site.jpg

And you know there are laser reflectors up there that anyone with the right kit can use?

yeah seen those grainy images before, the retro reflectors could have been put there any time. This isnt definitive proof in my opinion.. frankly the notion of flying to the moon in a glorified firework is absurd even with todays technologies.

no further than low earth orbit... man has not been more than 400 miles from earth.

But there is a huge amount of credible and independent evidence of the moon landings, and put bluntly, a lad of crackpot nonsense that says they didn't happen.

no further than low earth orbit... man has not been more than 400 miles from earth.

I think some blokes of the communist persuasion would have been a little vocal about the Yanks cheating like that.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

You know this means Science Fiction, Ian. :thumbup: .

Lots of scientists, even NASA's, write SciFi on the side. Benford, Heinlein, Clarke, Hoyle; I would go through my collection and mae a few more, but it is nearly 2am and SWMBO is getting grumpy.

NASA has even hired famous SciFi actors to front for them.

BTW, the hard-core dont like the phrase "SciFi", they prefer to call it "Speculative Fiction", but SpeFi doesnt sound right.

Lots of scientists, even NASA's, write SciFi on the side. Benford, Heinlein, Clarke, Hoyle; I would go through my collection and mae a few more, but it is nearly 2am and SWMBO is getting grumpy.

BTW, the hard-core dont like the phrase "SciFi", they prefer to call it "Speculative Fiction", but SpeFi doesnt sound right.

Stanley Kubrick is also alleged to have ties with them some say that he directed the moon landings. Plausible but ultimately never proven.

Similar to what I have heard that they cannot fly beyond the van Allen radiation belt.

The large amount of evidence showing astronauts doing just that, would seem to prove that is wrong.

You know, actual evidence rather than just "I have heard"....

• Like 1

This is the problem that I have with the subject, Ian.

Most of what the scientist's say is speculation. Educated guesses - fair enough, but I only believe in fact.

I wish I was more trusting and easy going to believe this stuff as there is no real harm in this type of speculation, other than it costing billions.

The problem I have with speculation is mainly in other walks of life, ie Finance for instance. IMO speculation as to what they think is going to happen in the money markets. The effects that this unnecessary (IMO) action can have, can be devastating.

I accept others may have different views and do not want to hijack the thread.

• Like 1

Perhaps I should have used the word 'understand' instead of 'believe'.

What I find quite difficult to believe are the distances this light has travelled considering the speed that light travels at, and that nothing had diminished this light on its travels through space and time.

i think the word your really looking for "comprehend"

I know you were referring to the grasp mentally part, mac, but the word comprehend has the same meaning as both.

Really the way I phrased it in the first instance, using the word believe, was correct for what I was trying to convey regarding the speed of light and the length of time this light is supposed to have been travelling, that it has not been diminished, somehow. :)

Edited by Tilt
  • Like 1

This is the problem that I have with the subject, Ian.

Most of what the scientist's say is speculation. Educated guesses - fair enough, but I only believe in fact.

I wish I was more trusting and easy going to believe this stuff as there is no real harm in this type of speculation, other than it costing billions.

The problem I have with speculation is mainly in other walks of life, ie Finance for instance. IMO speculation as to what they think is going to happen in the money markets. The effects that this unnecessary (IMO) action can have, can be devastating.

I accept others may have different views and do not want to hijack the thread.

What do you mean by fact?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk