'Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Ootohere

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• the UK should REMAIN in the EU
    • the UK should LEAVE the EU

?

Is there really a very strong support from Scotland to stay in the EU, or are you listening to spin and media and 'Stays'.?

Maybe you are hearing what the SNP are running as their side of things, but they do not actually represent even the majority of Scots.

(well i do not really know that, because i never asked them all, like the SNP and Pollsters never asked them all.)

On the 24th-25th June we will know how those with a vote that they use voted.

Agreed, I would like to see the map of the UK with areas of support for both options with variable demographic filters after the vote.

Apparently a computer software error has been exploited by EU citizens where they only had to enter Britain as country of Origin on the website to receive a postal ballot. This led to thousands of ineligible people getting the ballot. Now they have given assurances that those ballots will be made invalid. But they can't confirm exactly how many are affected.

The mess was easy to predict and why the Scottish referendum allowed anyone resident to vote.

So how will voting officials decide who is British and who isn't?

I have my sister in law, which through marriage to someone born here of Polish decent has a very polish surname.

So is someone removing any non British names from the Electoral registers just to be safe? Or will everyone have to turn up at the Polling station with a passport?

It's just another excuse being lined up in advance as to why leave will lose. There's so many proof the referendum is being fixed videos around on youtube it's laughable.

The last one I watched which my cousin shared had me in stitches. It had pretty much everything in there except for alien influence.

House prices were said to drop by 18%, now Mortgages would rise.

Shock to the Economy, jobs lost, and all the rubbish going.

What we can be sure of is Hedge Fund Managers and Stock Brokers and Investment Bankers and even Politicians will 

have had Each Way bets.

If the vote is out there might well be a rosy picture for the UK and the UK Economy, but what is a certainty is that no UK or EU 

politicians will lose out even if their behaviour has been disgraceful.

They will leave the front bench, maybe stand down from their Westminster Seats and take up their seat in the House of Lords, 

new Directorships and positions in NGO's / Charities etc.

All in this together, which might be up the creak without a paddle, but with an Electric Outboard Motor,

and some will have New Super Yachts out of the EU Referendum which ever way it goes.

• Like 1

House prices were said to drop by 18%, now Mortgages would rise.

Shock to the Economy, jobs lost, and all the rubbish going.

Both are possible at the same time.

Prices fall because no one is buying, and interest rates rise which as we know increases mortgage payments.

If a rate rise was good for us the BofE would be doing it instead of holding rates so low.

If house prices fall then plenty will be buying, more buy to lets and non UK Citizens buying as they buy now.

Just same old.

Then there are plenty in the UK and that come to the UK that have money saved and invested, 

that is their money in Banks and Investment houses, 

not the Heads of Banks or Employees money, which they seem to forget.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

If house prices fall then plenty will be buying, more buy to lets and non UK Citizens buying as they buy now.

Just same old.

Then there are plenty in the UK and that come to the UK that have money saved and invested,

that is their money in Banks and Investment houses,

not the Heads of Banks or Employees money, which they seem to forget.

But if prices go down and lending costs go up building will stop again. People won't be selling when prices drop and negative equity kicks in. Will we see a rise in repossessions? Auctioning them off may make a difference depending on how much of a hit lenders want to take.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Do you think so.?

Not that prices dropping and those getting less money selling can buy higher up the Property Ladder as they were but now will be paying less.

It is ime that those that Own the Money & earned it working and saving, and bank the money they save and invest earn interest on it while Bank Employees lend it to people.

Peoples money earning interest, and borrowers paying interest,

& those that manage the money getting a living, not a Kings Ransom.

People need homes, places to live, they need utilities, and Health Care & Education, 

then Food, Drink and Transport.

The Population is not decreasing any time soon.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

Do you think so.?

Not that prices dropping and those getting less money selling can buy higher up the Property Ladder as they were but now will be paying less.

It is ime that those that Own the Money & earned it working and saving, and bank the money they save and invest earn interest on it while Bank Employees lend it to people.

Peoples money earning interest, and borrowers paying interest,

& those that manage the money getting a living, not a Kings Ransom.

People need homes, places to live, they need utilities, and Health Care & Education, 

then Food, Drink and Transport.

The Population is not decreasing any time soon.

UK construction is not in a good place, it hasn't been growing compared to the rest of the economy.

If prices drop then the bottom end needs to drop a lot and the upper end even more.  I sold my last house for nearly three times what I paid for it, but everything else increased as well, so I still couldn't move up the ladder where I was living (a city) and I had to move to a different area to get a "better" house.

People need houses, but when we aren't building enough...

If prices drop but the cost of borrowing the money goes up you may be no better off of even worse off.

If prices drop and those with negative equity or increased borrowing can't afford to move the ladder stops working.  Any increase in the costs of building houses (lending) will just reduce the amount of houses being built that may be "affordable".  If social landlords have to start selling houses to tenants at discounted rates whilst being limited in terms of borrowing money on the open market to build new ones then, unless the government stumps up £££ then we will build even less social housing.

As I have said before if the costs of developing sites and building new houses goes up then builders will stop building again and we go back to 2008/09.  One problem are those "developers" who sit on land with no intention of ever building anything, just wanting to get as much money as possible for the land.  They may get outline planning in order to boost the value.  A lot of clients I work with spend 5 or 6 figure sums getting a site to the point where they can start building on it, they don't sit on big land banks they could be building on.  Until they sell houses they make no money, in fact they are loosing money the whole way through until that point.

'IF',

Interesting movie, interesting thought.

Do you mean If.... the 1968 film? Great film, haven't see it for a long time though.

Edited by moley
  • Like 1

Full Movie is on youtube if you want to watch.

Story of a School in chaos, out of control, the UK supposedly could be in Chaos according to the Public School Boys running it.

David and George like to run the country a bit like a public school, both of them taking what Angela or any others will give them.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PmoHv8Mf_-o

Edited by GoneOffSKi

Fantastic film, it was filmed locally.

There were some early parts played fairly well by (then) relatively unknown actors, but the undoubted star of the whole production was ME.

My 2 appearances as an Army Cadet Force private set the seal of excellence on it, and fully justified the £3 a day we got paid.

Trivia info. :-

Peeps tried to assign deep meaning to the switching between Colour and B/W. In fact they overspent and couldn't afford to finish it in colour.

Not sure if anyone has heard, but the european union heads are a bit worried now, as their gravy train is at serious risk.

When in Europe this week, people are wondering why they didn't compromise and give us anything.

There is talk about how there could be a Northern European Free Trade area (Germany, Denmark, Netherlands and UK.. Plus possibly France)

People there are annoyed that their politicians didn't actually take us seriously and think that bearing in mind what we were offered for our concerns (now being proven to be true), that we should vote out.

One guy said the EU is bust without our money, so a vote out would force some real changes, which would be good for us all.

Funny really what you hear elsewhere.

• Like 3

I don't place any faith in the polls but the majority of them as of today 06/06/2016 give the Leave side a slight advantage. I suspected most of those with the time to take part in theses polls would be pro remain though it does surprise me the swing in poll results. Perhaps the Leave campaign has been effective or maybe the constant scaremongering of the remain campaign is starting to have the opposite effect. Not long now until the big day. Will it be our Independence day or not?

As said previously, the prospects of further and greater defence union in the EU and the obligations of mutual support that imposes are worrying, especially where some of the front-line newly acceded states appear to be more under the influence of the US than the EU.

Of course, next time, even the  dodgy dossiers will be foreign !

Nick

Mr Farage had a phone in session on BBC R4 @ 13:00, in which he said that the EU has a vote programmed for 24th JUNE 2016 -  Subject:Formation of a European Army.

So, consequentially, that's bye-bye independent Foreign Policy (In part) and bye-bye independent nucleur deterrent. It wasn't clear where this vote was taking place, but odds-on, its going to in the least democratically accountable place - Council of Minister's ?

So you can see the doomsday  scenario panning-out. The US continues with its moderately aggressive containment policy with the Russian Federation, using the newly acceded EU front-line states as its putative agents, local conflict ensues into which the main EU is drawn, UK end's up fighting someone else's war  and, if your lucky,  there's no nucleur exchange the UK and France being the only possessors of nucleur weapons in the EU.

On the economic issues, Mr Farage expressed the opinion that leaving the EU might involve, at first,  in the absence of  Free Trade Agreements with new trading partners, some exposure to trade tariffs. However, he said that due to the globalisation of the World Economy that has occurred since the UK's accession to the EU 40 years ago, the sum total of those Trade Tariffs would be less than our current net contribution to the EU budget.

And you'd have the added benefit of regaining control of borders, legislation and democratic accountability.

He also stated that the majority of decisions in the EU are made by un- elected bureaucrats (Under a form very liberal form of delegated legislation with little Parliamentary oversight) and that the European Parliament doesn't even get a look-in on these issues unlike in the UK, where Parliament has extensive ability to question powers delegated to ministers and where ministers can be held to account by Parliament. Apparently, he said, that the EU had the opportunity some years ago (1990's) of making accountability more democratic by changing its organisation structure and procedures,  but turned it down flat ! He added, that EU bureaucrats thought that democratic accountability was inefficient.

No body has mentioned so far,  that the likelihood is that on leaving the EU, the pound and the Euro will probably (Temporarily) loose value. That will make the UK's exports more competitive and if the Euro falls the most (Highly likely given their parlous economic situation) it will make imports from the EU even cheaper. Where's the downside to that ?

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick
  • Like 3

The vote is not for the UK to migrate or have the British Isles towed some place else.

It will still be a European Country and in Europe just not in the European Union or what was the EEC. (European Economic Community.)

Shipping routes will still be all around the UK and it will stay an important place for the defence of the European Mainland and a location

for the Nuclear Subs and the International Flights will still be landing and departing from UK Airports.

As it is the US of A do not even get to refuel Military Aircraft over some European Countries.

Mr Farage had a phone in session on BBC R4 @ 13:00, in which he said that the EU has a vote programmed for 24th JUNE 2016 - Subject:Formation of a European Army.

untrue I saw earlier, Farage back peddling on his comments to bolster military support.

I trust nothing from UKIP or Farage because of their inaction as MEPs to protect British interests, then cry foul when something is passed which they didn't vote in and their votes *could* have made all the difference.

The sooner the public wake up to UKIP the better

• Like 2

Mr Farage had a phone in session on BBC R4 @ 13:00, in which he said that the EU has a vote programmed for 24th JUNE 2016 -  Subject:Formation of a European Army.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but if this *is* the case, then this will be well documented and we can see what it's about...

Personally, I think something along the lines of a European rapid reaction force that member nations can commit some troops and equipment too would be a decent idea.

It's clearly not going to be submitting all armed forces to central control.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but if this *is* the case, then this will be well documented and we can see what it's about...

Personally, I think something along the lines of a European rapid reaction force that member nations can commit some troops and equipment too would be a decent idea.

I don't think the idea of a European rapid reaction force is a new one at all and I'd be in favour of it. If we're part of Europe then we should be 'as one' when it comes to defending the EU.

You don't have to think back too far when in the Cold War era we shared bases and intel etc.

I don't think the idea of a European rapid reaction force is a new one at all and I'd be in favour of it. If we're part of Europe then we should be 'as one' when it comes to defending the EU.

You don't have to think back too far when in the Cold War era we shared bases and intel etc.

That would be the Allied Rapid Reaction Corps then? UK headquartered and mainly formed from EU forces.

• Like 1

That would be the Allied Rapid Reaction Corps then? UK headquartered and mainly formed from EU forces.

...................and in the heat of battle there'll be a loud shout from lee

""TEA'S READY ""    :coffee:  :giggle: 

• Like 1

...................and in the heat of battle there'll be a loud shout from lee

""TEA'S READY ""    :coffee:  :giggle: 

I keep telling people the networks built on tea but they expect us to work in between. No tea, no network.

• Like 2

It would require treaty change, unanimous agreement of all member states and therefore referendums in multiple countries to even get started.

IIRC military issues are explicitly excluded from the current scope of the EU.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Why?, There appears to be a default position among the remain hopefuls that the EU wont possibly expand, it wont possibly have further demands of the UK, It wont seek to unify the member states armed forces under one umbrella command and control system, which any Military adviser will tell you would be the smart thing to do. A universal language, call signs, planning and logistics would prevent blue on blue mishaps and be more efficient. Thats how they will sell it! I don't see any evidence for the EU slowing down its infiltration. I'd love to be naive and filled with optimism its just its the EU we are talking about!