Diesel leak front nearside.

malcvtr

My partner's Yeti (60reg 2 litre diesel 4x4) has started leaking diesel into the driveway just inboard of the nearside front wheel. For the past month or so, she's been experiencing an intermittent hesitation from the engine when driving. Any ideas as to possible source? Is the fuel pump a likely culprit?

Thanks in advance for any advice [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If it really is diesel it could be leaking onto the under tray from the fuel pump or filter and coming out in that corner.

The only thing in that corner that I can think of leaking is the boost pipe that always seems to weep a bit of oil out but it wouldn't be enough to drip off the under tray and onto the floor. And the black oil would obviously not look like diesel.

If you're that concerned, jack it up, take the undertray off and have a look, its a lot easier than everyone guessing.

Don't worry. I'm a biker myself and it's not been driven since the leak was discovered. My partner has called Gem Assist today so the issue should be resolved soon... I'll let you know the result.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Be weary if it is leaking anywhere near your cambelt / aux / air con belts as it will be eating those... :(  Coolant hoses too.

Edited by jimbof