Oh dear, what am I doing!.........

After much deliberation, I am going to place my order for the 280 L&K Estate in corrida red with beige trim.....extras being;

Rear view camera

Smart light assist

Gearshift paddles

Ventilated front seats

Spare wheel

Backrest release

I have been given a lead time of 16-20 weeks

£8k off the asking price as well.

Busy morning for me tomorrow then! I like the sound of the ventilated seats, whether they are of any use I don't know, but at least I wont be regretting not getting them further down the line!

Crikey! £8k off? Did you do that with or without the balaclava and AK-47?  :D

• Like 2

Since you are having beige leather anyway is there a reason why the L&K does not appeal?

(SLA is also £850 cheaper on a L&K)

It must appeal. OP is getting an L&K, isn't he?  :|

I threatened to sing some Bros to them!!!!

With that threat, I would have expected a bigger discount! Good work getting that much knocked off though. 

Great Deal, I only managed to get 14.10% (£4500)  off of my SEL Exec Hatch, that included the £2K contribution from Skoda, so £8K is exceptional.

Just to add, mine was a factory order as well, with quite a few extras added.

Edited by roughrider10

Good deal. I only managed £1250 off (not including "£2k dealer contribution" but that's not a discount IMHO). Some options or colours I wouldn't have specced but on the upside it was the showroom car and we collected it a week later. 4-5 month wait was simply too long and there's always the risk it comes with the wrong options anyway.

• Like 1

I think the wait will be worth it! Although I think I've been really lucky to only wait ~8 weeks from ordering to driving away. 

I've just dug out my paperwork. Including the Skoda loyalty and finance contribution, I've saved £5,648.00 on the list price. I'm rather pleased with that.

I put down £3,000 deposit at the time of ordering, and I'll also pay an additional £2,500 when I collect it, and use some or all the P/X value of my current Superb to take a chunk off the finance as well.  This all keeps the monthly payments under control. 

I think ordering a 280 helped a little with the discount TBH, I initially enquired about a 280 L&K and the offers were fractionally better than the CR190. I agree with the thought about buying with cash: Usually the finance packages are where the money is clawed back, and therefore attract better deals.

Saying that, I just remembered the Carwow offers I received were only a few quid difference between the (VWFS) finance deals and the cash purchase. 

'Tis a great time to buy a car right now. So many great deals to be had!