If I fit interior LED's......

Will they work, or just cause problems unless I employ this VCDS witchcraft stuff?!

Also thinking of LED'ing the rear reg plate bulbs?????

Hi Dinesy,

I could be wrong but I'm sure the interior isn't monitored so changing to LED should be fine (No coding needed) - other members have more knowledge so welcome their input!

With regards to number plate LED, I bought these for my Scout (ebay 252019343081). They have resistors attached and so no error codes at all and they are really bright! I'm made up with them.

• Like 1

Great. Thanks very much. I have a few W5W LED bulbs so I'll put them in and see how they go. Got to be better than the yellow' jobs in there at the mo. I'll have a look at the reg plate ones on Superskoda as well.... Thanks!

Edited by Dinesy

Bought the set from LedPerf for the interior (and external wing mirror downlights) and the non-error numberplate lights a year or so ago - look so much better than the standard interior lights. Much brighter and better colour over the old 'yellers'... :D

• Like 1

Interior lights not CANBUS monitored, BUT if not CANBUS compliant they do not switch fully off when off, they remain very dim until the BCM cuts of the power after a set time (when car locked), I have an LED rear boot light in roof of car & the thing is very dimly lit the whole time (when car on), only way to solve is a CANBUS LED or fit a resistor across it, but this increases power consumption, but will stop LED being lit.

• Like 1

I've done all mine including the glove box and boot, no errors.

The number plate lights I replaced with genuine VAG units (VW Sharan I seem to remember) then had the coded via VCDS.

Interior lights not CANBUS monitored, BUT if not CANBUS compliant they do not switch fully off when off, they remain very dim until the BCM cuts of the power after a set time (when car locked), I have an LED rear boot light in roof of car & the thing is very dimly lit the whole time (when car on), only way to solve is a CANBUS LED or fit a resistor across it, but this increases power consumption, but will stop LED being lit.

I've not had the same problem on on the boot lights, but I did on the O2 with one particular type of LED. I think it depends more on design rather than it being CANBUS friendly as I have never used a CANBUS friendly anything on my O2 or either of my O3's.