what car has your vrs annoyed lately?

A "ricer" is someone who looks like Anneka Rice, blonde, big smile and helps people by getting challenged.

:orb_beaut

Think I better get my coat here.

what focus you have then? I have a 1.6 zetec for a company car and its power band is pathetic! trting to get a vrs company motor

ST, the new one with the Volvo T5 engine that Clarkson reviewed on Top Gear a couple of weeks ago. Mine's blue, not orange, I hasten to add. :rolleyes: The VRS will muller any NA petrol Focus, including the ST170.

ST, the new one with the Volvo T5 engine that Clarkson reviewed on Top Gear a couple of weeks ago. Mine's blue, not orange, I hasten to add. :rolleyes: The VRS will muller any NA petrol Focus, including the ST170.

nice car! its one of the motors I am currently looking at, the only thing that puts me off is the mpg compared to a vrs ( and my Mrs will be using it a lot!)

I am either going to get one of them or a brand fabia vrs and have it remapped straight away

Xeman, residuals will be strong on the ST, but if you want decent mpg, I'd say forget it. It is improving now with 500 miles on the clock - I got 33mpg driving very sensibly on the motorway to see what I could get and I expect that there is more to come. But as soon as you put your foot down or get to some twisty roads, it just throws petrol into the engine, much more so than my Saabs, both of which had more power. I averaged 23mpg on the first tank and that was sensible mixed driving, never exceeding 4,000 rpm.

You'll love the VRS - you won't even need to get a remap for it to make you smile. The book 0-60 time is rubbish and I can only think they stated 9.5s to keep the insurance premium down. It worked!!

And in the United States a hot hatch is called a 'rice rocket', and I've named big fast cars like a Bentley Continental GT a 'Potato Jet'.

Xeman' date=' residuals will be strong on the ST, but if you want decent mpg, I'd say forget it. It is improving now with 500 miles on the clock - I got 33mpg driving very sensibly on the motorway to see what I could get and I expect that there is more to come. But as soon as you put your foot down or get to some twisty roads, it just throws petrol into the engine, much more so than my Saabs, both of which had more power. I averaged 23mpg on the first tank and that was sensible mixed driving, never exceeding 4,000 rpm.

You'll love the VRS - you won't even need to get a remap for it to make you smile. The book 0-60 time is rubbish and I can only think they stated 9.5s to keep the insurance premium down. It worked!![/quote']

yeah looks like I am going for the vrs, with a few options

I have been offered a Focus st2 for 14800 though which is very tempting, I might wait until my company car is up for change ( or just change jobs!) and get the st then though

• 2 months later...

I seem to have attracted the attentions of a Clio sport.

Couple of mornings now he has raced up behind me.I say goodbye then he races up behind me again.:rolleyes:

In the Fabia this morning.Same chap playing catch up.Couldn't quite catch what he shouted out of the window as I turned off. 'it's still a skoda ' maybe or 'nice car mate'.I'll just have to guess:D

Edit.What is the clio site?Might have to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
i beat a nova 1.4 16v with my 1.4 8v mpi i had more guts round the corners

they didn't actually make a nova 16v, so if it was a 16v it was put in as a replacment

and it would be much faster than a 1.4 fabia

they didn't actually make a nova 16v' date=' so if it was a 16v it was put in as a replacment

and it would be much faster than a 1.4 fabia[/quote']

and it probably wouldn't be a 1.4, what would be the point of doing an engine transplant and putting a 1.4 in it?? :rofl:

my old 16v 1.4 was really nippy loved that car had a few nova's trying lol funny things it was all after i fitted the bodykit on too :rolleyes: i miss my old car:(