Spaceback going; fabia monte arriving

Funnily enough, I took delivery of a Fabia II Monte Carlo Tech this morning - an addition to our growing family Skoda fleet rather than a replacement for my Spaceback.

I do like the new Fabia 3 interior and updated feature spec, so the new Monte should work out really well.

Only thing I would say to watch out for, I've driven two different Fabia III cars in the last week, both suffering from the same fault - faulty heater not blowing out hot air regardless of temperature setting.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to hear what you think of the 8v 105ps engine vs the new 16v 110ps.

Having made a similar move i miss the low down grunt of the 8v, although the new one is absolutely fine once the turbo gets going.

It's not a done deal yet!!! I am having doubts......watch this space (no pun intended)

Don't want to put you off, the Fabia Monte is a really nice car and the engine is still good. It's probably a bit more long legged being a 16v and having more top end power but it doesn't have the same low down grunt as the old engine.

???

I find the 8v sluggish below 2.5k - and the 16v didn't go any better at all on the extended test drive - at high speeds on A-roads it felt faster but I think that's because the Leon chassis is just so much better than the Rap-edo.

???

I find the 8v sluggish below 2.5k - and the 16v didn't go any better at all on the extended test drive - at high speeds on A-roads it felt faster but I think that's because the Leon chassis is just so much better than the Rap-edo.

Not surprised to hear that - given the Rapid chassis is basically sat on an old cut-and-shut lengthened Polo platform, whereas the Leon is an unmolested base.

• 2 weeks later...

Change of plan!! The spaceback is going nowhere. Cancelling the order; deposit up the swanney :( mind you how stupid was I to chose a car by selecting a colour and model from a thumbnail pic in a glossy brochure. Lesson learned. Consoled myself by visiting Superskoda

post-129637-0-19660300-1457282211_thumb.jpeg

Just couldn't do it. I test drove the Monte Carlo fabia, nice as it was, it just didn't do it for me. I've formed a bit of a bond with my Spaceback, customised it, got it to just how I want it. So therefore no deal

Just couldn't do it. I test drove the Monte Carlo fabia, nice as it was, it just didn't do it for me. I've formed a bit of a bond with my Spaceback, customised it, got it to just how I want it. So therefore no deal

I looked at the new Fabia, before our Rapid SB SE Sport, and to be honest i thought the difference was the fabia feeled very entry level

• Like 1

I don't blame you, you've got a cracking Spaceback, it really does look great.

Thanks Tom, I agree; just couldn't see the wood for the trees lol, blindsided

I looked at the new Fabia, before our Rapid SB SE Sport, and to be honest i thought the difference was the fabia feeled very entry level

I was hoodwinked by the nice seats, dash, DAB, led drls etc. It is a nice car, and all the reviews cant be wrong; but i really do prefer my SB

• Like 1

I was hoodwinked by the nice seats, dash, DAB, led drls etc. It is a nice car, and all the reviews cant be wrong; but i really do prefer my SB

I get you, but then what what you mention above is what appealed to me to the SB.