Superb car seat covers

Hi,

Good tip-off about Superskoda for car mats, I have been in contact with them.

I really need to protect my new Superb's suede and leather car seats - can anyone suggest a good company online? I don't want anything flash, just something that does the job and stops anything getting through but maybe allows the seats to breathe, if that makes sense?

Steve 

Why not just enjoy the fantastic seats? You can always keep them clean with a tiny bit of effort. After all you've paid for them so why not luxuriate in them rather than save them for the next owner?

Just my opinion of course - the leathers in my Superb are there to be enjoyed! (BY ME!).

Dave

• Like 2

Hi,

Good tip-off about Superskoda for car mats, I have been in contact with them.

I really need to protect my new Superb's suede and leather car seats - can anyone suggest a good company online? I don't want anything flash, just something that does the job and stops anything getting through but maybe allows the seats to breathe, if that makes sense?

Steve

The question is what do you need to protect them from? That will then allow people to understand why and suggest perhaps some ideas.

I don't understand the idea of having good looking seats in a car and then fitting seat covers so that the next owner gets clean seats. As said above, enjoy the seats yourself (after all you paid for them!) and just take a few minutes occasionally to keep them clean.

Reminds me of a friend of mine who goes on above the luxurious carpets in his Jag but always has them covered with rubber mats!

• Like 2

Yes, Freedom I have children - boys playing football and rugby regularly aged 12 and 15. Also, we go on long journeys to Devon and Sussex from Cardiff and I battle with them constantly to not eat in the car! So, as lovely as the seats are, I want to preserve them to enjoy later when they have their own cars - and to keep the value. 

My wife loves seat covers in her car.....I don't use them however Skoda sell the skins for the seats I believe...so enjoy your car for a few years then simply replace the whole seat cover...

Or do as I do and keep an old beach towel or two handy if it's wet/muddy and simply through it over the seat as and when needed.

Possibly.

Dave

• Like 1

Same as Dave reply above, original squab and backrest covers are available via skoda. £££.

An alternative to new covers the existing ones can be cleaned/repaired "smart repair" companies like chipsaway can be very helpful.

Foam type cleaners also work very well, Have used woolite carpet/fabric cleaner (with attached brush) before and it works very well.

Enjoy the car.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy them seats is right,

I have cloth seats and would love them to be all leather,

anyone ideas for leather seat covers

I hate the leather seats in mine.

I think leather is a stupid material for car seats, freezing cold initially most of the year (seat heaters take far too long to warm them) hot and sweaty in summer (L&K cooling seats cure this) and too easily damaged with normal use. 

Velour any day for me

these people make leather covers http://www.autoleathers.co.uk/

As you say , it seems pointless spending extra on fancy seats then covering them up.you've just wasted your money and should have just bought the standard seats

I had one of those 3.3ltre cars in the mid 70's, added a coil from an RL Bedford (same engine) and sold it two days later for £40 more than the £30 I paid for it. I did have a VX 490 at the time with overdrive on 3&4 gears, so 6 speed box! :D

Edited by Danny 57

I had one of those 3.3ltre cars in the mid 70's, added a coil from an RL Bedford (same engine) and sold it two days later for £40 more than the £30 I paid for it. I did have a VX 490 at the time with overdrive on 3&4 gears, so 6 speed box! :D

well....I had......

A Viva 2300cc.....(NOT the later single carb Magnum) which was only 4 speed, would smoke the rears in 1st and 2nd and was a whole VX 4/90 shoehorned into a Viva shell with nothing outside to identify it as such....i removed the small  2300 boot badge