Would these fit a Mk1 Fabia?

As there don't appear to be any genuine Skoda rubber mats available any more, I've been thinking around the problem and thought that it might be possible for Polo 9N mats to be a good fit for the Fabia?

I found these... http://www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk/product/Polo_%5B9N%5D_Front_Rubber_Mats_6Q2061501A041

I find the quality of tailored generic mats is pot luck, and I only really need one for the driver's side as that's the one my heel like to wear a hole in.

I've done a search, but most info on stuff like this seems quite old. I know it's an ageing car, but I'd like to try to get a couple more years out of it, before I destroy it! If there is an obvious alternative, other than crappy cut to fit mats (I don't get on with them), I'm all ears.

Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated!

I think they'd be close since the floorpans are very similar. See if you can get them cheaper on the bay and roll the dice.

Unfortunately, I can only find full sets on ebay. I suppose even at £30, it could be worth a punt I suppose.

Can try a mat from my Polo in the Fabia tomorrow, if you want? Missus is out in the Fabia so can't do it now.

That will be really helpful if you can. Thanks!  :happy:

Looks like a no then!

Looks fine to me? Looks like the seat is well back which means the mat being slighty shorter doesn't matter.

Edited by TMB

You can't see from the pictures really, but the fit left-right (inboard-outboard if you like) is identical, and both edges sit down in a 'well' which isn't shown by the pictures very well because of the colour of the carpet and lighting. In other words, it won't wibble about much even if the attachments aren't fitted.

'Mated':

20160223_205559.jpg

Unmated:

20160223_205538.jpg

I'm sure the bit in the carpet screws in the same as on a Fabia, but I couldn't get hold of it well enough to confirm, since they're so round.

The carpet peggy bit obviously has a ridge that the mat snaps over so it's positively retained. Photo doesn't capture that, I'm not much of a photographer!

Edited by Wino

Hello. I ordered a pair of these, and I've just popped them in my car...

Here's an image of the driver's side mat in place...

https://goo.gl/photos/qmxq3Q2FtN8yWjLV7

They are slightly shorter, but fit really snug, so I haven't bothered moving the fixings, even though the holes on these new mats look as though they'll work with them.

The fit is so snug, they don't move around anyway. As an added bonus, the passenger side is much wider at the front, covering the wheelarch and has a fold stamped into it so it forms over it well. I didn't get a snap of it, but can do later if anybody wants a look.

IMO, these are much better than the 'tailored' mats I had before. they feel better quality, are not sticky and seem to fit better... so overall I think this is a win!  :sun:

Thanks again for all the help in this thread. It's really appreciated.

Edited by inventory-photo
  • Like 1

Good stuff.  They do have a good 'robust' feel to them, I think.

Looks like the fixings maybe changed at some point in time. The Polo I borrowed the mat from is a 2003, the Fabia with the fixings like your VW mat was 2005. Did these mats come with fixings?