Replacing Rear Calipers

Have decided to replace the Rear Calipers on the wife's VRS as the Handbrake isn't working that well and I've done the spring mod so I was wondering if anyone has fitted the TRW BHN275/BHN276 Silver ones instead of the BHN945/BHN946 Green ones as they are much cheaper at £53 each side.

I've spoken to TRW and they say that the only difference is that the gap on the handbrake lever may be a tiny bit wider but their spec sheets only give the size of the gap for the 275/276 ones !! so I wondered if this caused any problems for anyone who has it?

Cheers Chris

I thought they would so will order them and get some Pantone 348 paint which will still work out about £60 cheaper but will mean I can give the carriers a refresh too.

• 1 month later...

Just bought 2 new rear calipers, carriers pads and discs for £240 delivered best thing is they are 256mm diameter and already painted

I was looking for the same thing, but I can't find them painted. Where did you get them from, that price sounds good. Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I was looking for the same thing, but I can't find them painted. Where did you get them from, that price sounds good. Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Got them from eBay where else lol, sabreautosparesltd is the seller I contacted them directly and made a cheeky offer they came back with a counter offer off £240 I got them in red but I'm sure they can do green as well here is a link for a kit that does not include the carriers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-OCTAVIA-VRS-RS-TURBO-1-8-REAR-BRAKE-PACKAGE-CALIPERS-PADS-DISCS-1084-/271624209965?hash=item3f3e10862d:g:mG4AAMXQVT9S58B~

If you message them I'm sure they will help you. Hope that helps

• Like 1

Sabreautospares sell the calipers already painted green,but when I got mine they didn't sell green carriers.

So just got unpainted ones and painted them green.

That's where I got my Rear Calipers from £85 delivered then £20 for 500ml High Temp Resistant Enamel paint which you can hardly tell I've touch even after doing the carriers as well. Will repaint the fronts calipers in the summer but if anyone from around my parts feels the need to repaint their drop me a message.