Faulty parking sensor wire fix?

Hi!

I was removing ice from the front bumper by giving some punches with hand and after that I got parking sensor error.

I checked the sensor on the wire for second from left and also tried a new sensor which didn't work. 

So I guess I have a faulty parking sensor wire, front second from right.

My next try would be to remove front bumper and fix the wire. I would like to know if anyone has fixed a faulty parking sensor wire. Is it worth a try or should I change all the wires?

Anyone has front bumper removal guideline and parking sensor diagrams for 2010 Superb II?

PDF how to drop the bumper added.

I got the same error a while ago, took the car to a local mechanic who told me it could be an easy fix or it could be a pain in the neck. basically he dropped the bumper, separated the dead wire, and went as far up against the firewall as he could. There the signal worked. He ran a new wire from the working spot to the sensor, and it's all good.

I researched buying the full replacement wiring loom (available from carsystems HERE)

I emailed them, they could provide me with the exact loom I needed (front parking sensors + side sensors because I have Park Assist) without the added bits and pieces in the retrofit-kit.

I asked my mechanic if I should buy the full wiring loom for him, but he said it would have been a waste of money and time to refit the whole loom. Finding the fault and fixing it is pretty straightforward, it's dropping the bumper that's the hard part (and appearantely even that is quite easy once you know how)

Good luck!

Summary of front bumper components.pdf

Edited by Too Tall