New TOP GEAR presenters, I'm not feeling it!

Nels

What happened to the chubby bloke with the bald head who has a son who is a drummer in a rock band ? he likes rallying and silly stuff, and was both entertaining, and informative ? I liked him...he might be dead now.....bring him back anyway..

Tony Mason?

He was pretty good on it as I recall.

Still alive as far as I can Google.

Edited by Aspman

No one likes change I suppose...

Ordinarily I'd agree. But any change that means I can watch a (potentially) decent car prog without having my retina irritated by Clarkson can only be a good thing.

What happened to the chubby bloke with the bald head who has a son who is a drummer in a rock band ? he likes rallying and silly stuff, and was both entertaining, and informative ? I liked him...he might be dead now.....bring him back anyway..

The chubby bloke was Tony Mason, who was a rally co driver. Another TG presenter was Chris Goffey, whose son was the drummer in Supergrass.

• Like 1

The chubby bloke was Tony Mason, who was a rally co driver. Another TG presenter was Chris Goffey, whose son was the drummer in Supergrass.

That's him, I got them mixed up, both good though.

Looks like the same Sh!# different series. It's not really going to be about cars we buy is it. Bring on 5th gear!!

There's a couple of names that are about cars more than laughs in there, there's a chance they might strike a decent balance. Maybe.

Haven't watched Fifth Gear for ages.. VBH was looking a bit haggard last time I watched. 

Don't forget William Woollard - he was great. Ex RAF fighter pilot, oil industry, TV - Top Gear (until 1991), Tomorrow's World etc. Still going strong (goes to the gym every day!), still writing and producing for TV too. Amazing man.

• Like 1

Not sure it's my dislike of Matt leblank but this strikes me as worse than the top gear of old

://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35800187

Seems thoughtlessly disrespectful rather than a funny stunt. Of course we don't know the full story.

Old TG did a piece with Ken Block, but it was in the US and off road. Why do stunts on public roads in the centre of London. I'm wondering what type of audience the new TG will be aimed at?

I'm wondering what type of audience the new TG will be aimed at?

London Yoof.

Same as every other bit of the bbc.

Aim for the bit of the market that can't afford to drive and probably cares the least. Bound to be a winner.

Edited by Aspman

Well, we're discussing new Top Gear again - can't help but think this is part of their plan.

No such thing as bad publicity.

Looks like the same Sh!# different series. It's not really going to be about cars we buy is it. Bring on 5th gear!!

Mate the cars we buy...Lol

CAR magazine only rates about 4 motors as "avoid like the plague" or words to that effect, and 2 of them are your Rapid & my Toledo -

the only way they'll ever get on Top Gear is as the "Reasonably Priced (5H1t) Car"

Edited by camelspyyder