Model year 2017

What's with this frameless rear view mirror? I thought the MY16 design was pretty new? I know one common criticism with reviewers is the current mirror is a little too small. Maybe this newer design addresses that? It might also come with an on/off switch this time round.....

So the TV tuner will become an option even on the L&K now? That's a pity as I actually like the telly in my car.

I'm still quite surprised there are this many changes to the spec, given the car has been out 5 minutes. Usually the MY changes are pretty small.

Maybe the front and rear washers are being altered as well? They should be as pretty much everyone agrees they are not up to the job.

Be the same mirror being fitted to latest MQB VW'S like the Passat etc.

Let's face it - you are not going to get amundsen or columbus only for the screen - you want the navigation, which bolero does not give.

HOWEVER...  the Bolero supports Smartlink... which means google maps is there now for you... so lets say you only use sat nav on 20% of your drives.... Google maps is a perfect solution v the cost of the upgrade.

Infotainmentsystem Bolero

- Musiksystem Bolero

- kapazitives 8,0" Farbdisplay

- Car Menu

- SD-Karten-Slot

- SmartLink

- Sprachbedienung

Have you all seen the new Darkon wheels the greenline gets as standard -- 17 inch of course.. (Germany car)

837--00018_zpsknd5evwu.png

Edited by RickTT

Be the same mirror being fitted to latest MQB VW'S like the Passat etc.

Like this one I gather? 

Some earlier B8 Passats have the same mirror as the Superb. This change to the frameless design mirrors the change on the Passat. (Did you see what I did there? you're most welcome!  :D )

volkswagen_passat_alltrack_11.jpeg

vw_passat_00009.jpg?itok=qNmA94Yk

Interesting, I wonder what that looks like?

mirror_zpsspxgwwen.jpg

What's with this frameless rear view mirror? I thought the MY16 design was pretty new? I know one common criticism with reviewers is the current mirror is a little too small. Maybe this newer design addresses that? 

I thought that when I 1st sat in a S3 (hatch at least, can’t remember about the estate I sat in), however when you look in the mirror you can see the whole of the rear window anyway so being any larger is pretty pointless.

If you want it larger to be able to see kids in the back of the car etc then Škoda make an accessory mirror for just this job.

Think I prefer it with the frame perhaps, still hardly a deal breaker!

A question has occurred to me, now that I'm getting an L&K not the SE L, about the TV tuner. I wonder if there are extra components needed for it, or might it just be something which can be enabled with VCDS? I won't lose any sleep over it, I imagine it's something that would hardly ever get used, but obviously if a software hack would enable it that would be cool.

Had a TV in several cars for the last twenty years and have never watched any of them except for bragging purposes when you show someone all the goodies on your new car!

Think I prefer it with the frame perhaps, still hardly a deal breaker!

A question has occurred to me, now that I'm getting an L&K not the SE L, about the TV tuner. I wonder if there are extra components needed for it, or might it just be something which can be enabled with VCDS? I won't lose any sleep over it, I imagine it's something that would hardly ever get used, but obviously if a software hack would enable it that would be cool.

Sorry, no software or VCDS hacks for the TV I'm afraid. There's some physical hardware between the Columbus screen and Homes Under the Hammer!

• Like 1

mirror_zpsspxgwwen.jpg

Personally I have no problem with the current design. Mabye it's merely for aesthetics? It does have a higher quality look than the existing mirror.

I thought that when I 1st sat in a S3 (hatch at least, can’t remember about the estate I sat in), however when you look in the mirror you can see the whole of the rear window anyway so being any larger is pretty pointless.

If you want it larger to be able to see kids in the back of the car etc then Škoda make an accessory mirror for just this job.

Had a TV in several cars for the last twenty years and have never watched any of them except for bragging purposes when you show someone all the goodies on your new car!

Sounds about right :) I can think of very few occasions when it would be a bonus.

Sorry, no software or VCDS hacks for the TV I'm afraid. There's some physical hardware between the Columbus screen and Homes Under the Hammer!

Thought that would probably be the case but wondered if the tuner may come built into the Columbus already. Nevermind, you can't miss what you've never had.

Just had an email from my dealer.

The production of my vehicle has started, so it will be a MY16 from the looks of it.

Looks like the UK configurator has been updated with some new options:

Reversing camera forces you to add the rear wiper - £350

TV Tuner is now an option - £850

No mention of wireless charging on the phone box though, no new colours and the Amundsen is still listed as having a 5.8 inch screen.

The model page and brochure have not been updated yet.

Is it me, or does the removal of the tv tuner sound like a sneaky £850 price rise on the L&K?

Edited by spacenase

Is it me, or does the removal of the tv tuner sound like a sneaky £850 price rise on the L&K?

That's a ridiculous price! I can't believe it's that expensive, considering it used to be included, surely no one in their right mind would pay that for one? Realistically, how often is anyone actually going to use it? Hardly ever I'd imagine for the majority of people.

4 weeks ago

Thats pretty quick time from order to build from what I understand... which model do you have on order?  I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and my dealer told me today he expects it to be built in June.  I'm thrilled though because that now means I'll have it towards the end of August apparently, where I was originally told 8 months which would be mid December!

That's a ridiculous price! I can't believe it's that expensive, considering it used to be included, surely no one in their right mind would pay that for one? Realistically, how often is anyone actually going to use it? Hardly ever I'd imagine for the majority of people.

Obscene price, can easily get a good make 55 incher for that price, not just a tuner that squeezes into an 8 inch screen! 

• Like 2

Nick from NCD has confirmed I'm MY16.  Order 8th March

It all depends on the model and options ordered. Nick will know more in two weeks.

The UK configurator lists Lane Assist, Light Assist and Blind spot detection as a £1100 option! 

I sincerely hope someone has simply bodged the configurator update, or the L&K will no longer be such a tempting proposition. It's bad enough that it loses the TV tuner. 

Thats pretty quick time from order to build from what I understand... which model do you have on order?  I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and my dealer told me today he expects it to be built in June.  I'm thrilled though because that now means I'll have it towards the end of August apparently, where I was originally told 8 months which would be mid December!

Sedan (Hatchback)

162KW 2.0TSI in Candy White.

Options:

Tech Pack

Comfort Pack

Sunroof

Interior colour:  Black

The UK configurator lists Lane Assist, Light Assist and Blind spot detection as a £1100 option! 

I sincerely hope someone has simply bodged the configurator update, or the L&K will no longer be such a tempting proposition. It's bad enough that it loses the TV tuner. 

I think that's a bodge up.....when you click the £100 smart light assist option, the £1100 light assist option fades out!

Also, I configured my car (still waiting) which I ordered 15th Feb and it comes out at £38,500 with exactly the same options as I ordered (including the TV tuner which is now an £850 option)

It was £37,322 at the time....

Edited by UncleWang

But if you go through to the configuration summary, the standard equipment list does not include lane assist or blind spot detection.

I'm off to the dealer shortly, I'll ask and see if they can help.

But if you go through to the configuration summary, the standard equipment list does not include lane assist or blind spot detection.

I'm off to the dealer shortly, I'll ask and see if they can help.

The model page on Skoda UK is still listing TV Tuner as standard on L&K, as well as lane assist and blind spot. You'd think they could sort this stuff out.