Model year 2017

The model page on Skoda UK is still listing TV Tuner as standard on L&K, as well as lane assist and blind spot. You'd think they could sort this stuff out.

Trust me, this isn't anything new..... :giggle:

So I gather, but it's really poor. People will potentially order expecting one thing and end up getting another, or more accurately end up with nothing.

In my situation, my L&K will be built after week 22, but on ordering I couldn't choose to spec the TV tuner. So I've no idea whether it will come with it or not. I don't care about that, but if it was something I was bothered about I've had no choice in the matter. But if lane assist and BSD has been taken off I'll be annoyed - again no option for me to spec them. There's just no need for it.

I asked the dealer and guess what? They had no idea, they didn't really know about any of the spec changes at all except that the TV Tuner was disappearing.

It made me chuckle when I saw they had a Pacific Blue L&K with the brown interior in the showroom. Solid blue and brown, I'd love to know who thought that was a good combination!  :sick:   Also, the salesman was trying to tell me it was Petrol Blue, it didn't even look metallic.

Not the most productive visit to a dealer I've had...    :wall:

I asked the dealer and guess what? They had no idea, they didn't really know about any of the spec changes at all except that the TV Tuner was disappearing.

And that shouldn't happen. People selling the cars should know before people buying! Unless 22nd May is when the orders will be honoured up until, rather than just when new build will start?

It made me chuckle when I saw they had a Pacific Blue L&K with the brown interior in the showroom. Solid blue and brown, I'd love to know who thought that was a good combination!  :sick:   Also, the salesman was trying to tell me it was Petrol Blue, it didn't even look metallic.

Not the most productive visit to a dealer I've had...    :wall:

Brown on blue? Like a number 2 floating in a swimming pool... Nice.

• Like 2

Changes to the Superb

The Skoda Superb has a number of key changes that will be introduced on vehicles built from the 30th May, with ordering for the MY17 model starting from the 2nd May.

These changes include:

• Wireless Charging now available as an option

• Amundsen satellite navigation screen size has increased from 6.5” to 8.0”

• New 17” alloy wheel on Superb GreenLine

• TV tuner on L&K is no longer standard specification. However, it can be ordered as an option in combination with rear view parking camera, rear window wiper and LED rear tail lamp.

It's really bad that for over a week now people have been ordering Superbs without knowing what the changes are, or possibly even that there are changes, given that dealers seem clueless.

The TV tuner is no big deal for me, it'd get used once in a blue moon, but it's the principle of essentially mis-selling that annoys me.

It's really bad that for over a week now people have been ordering Superbs without knowing what the changes are, or possibly even that there are changes, given that dealers seem clueless.

The TV tuner is no big deal for me, it'd get used once in a blue moon, but it's the principle of essentially mis-selling that annoys me.

The TV tuner is irrelevant to me also, BUT........as I ordered mine in February it had better have it when I do eventually get it, otherwise as a matter of principle I will reject the car!

• Like 1

The TV tuner is irrelevant to me also, BUT........as I ordered mine in February it had better have it when I do eventually get it, otherwise as a matter of principle I will reject the car!

There was a suggestion further up the thread that Skoda will honour the TV Tuner for cars ordered before May, so you might be okay. I'd suggest asking your dealer, but based on my experience you'll probably waste a phone call.

This link gives some info on MY17.

http://www.nortonwaymazda.co.uk/skoda--updates-2133

So if you want to know about Skoda updates, ask a Mazda dealer!!

There was a suggestion further up the thread that Skoda will honour the TV Tuner for cars ordered before May, so you might be okay. I'd suggest asking your dealer, but based on my experience you'll probably waste a phone call.

So if you want to know about Skoda updates, ask a Mazda dealer!!

That's good.....I like that!

The removal of the TV tuner from the L&K wouldn't be so much of an issue if they'd tweaked the spec so some optional equipment became standard, i.e. Crew protection and Smart Light Assist - for example - in lieu of the TV.

Trouble is, they appear to have dropped the TV tuner which is an £850 option whilst failing to add anything of substance to the standard spec. That and the obligatory price rise.......

The definitive proof will be when the official spec is released for the MY17 car. I notice certain parts of the Skoda UK website are no longer visible, such as the pages that show the spec of each model and pricing. Maybe it's being updated as we speak?

The definitive proof will be when the official spec is released for the MY17 car. I notice certain parts of the Skoda UK website are no longer visible, such as the pages that show the spec of each model and pricing. Maybe it's being updated as we speak?

It was working earlier this afternoon but I see what you mean, it's just been completely removed from the menu now.

This link still works: http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/superb-hatch-2015/features-and-spec but nothing appears to have updated - yet.

Edited by maffyou

This has the same debacle as the MY 16 upgrades to the Octavia 3 last year written all over it!

The dealers had absolutely no idea what was happening and suddenly the CD Player was deleted in favour of SD Card readers and those luck early adopters got their Amundsen FOC instead of costing them £650 (the offer lasted a month or so) and the dealers didn't have the correct SD Cards for the Amundsen so they couldn't fire them up until Skoda UK got its act together and sent out the correct SD Card! 

What made it even worse was that the unit in the glove box looks like the facia of a CD Player but its a blank with 2 SD slots underneath it (One for the navigation maps and the other for music etc.!)

My Brother got Skoda UK to pay for an SD writer and an SD card because of the issues!

During an email conversation, my dealer has just informed me that due to popularity of the Sedan, any prospective buyer has to be notified that it will be a 6 months waiting time from here on.

So us early buyers in Australia are the lucky ones.

Although I just can't see Aussies willing to buy the car if they are told straight away that it will take 6 months.

Over here are a lot of options and a massive range of cars in $40K ~ $60K bracket.

So the company will loose a lot of sales....not that it matters if they can't keep up anyway.

So a MY17 L&K fully loaded combi is now £40k. It makes me think that VW are trying to clip Skoda's wings. At that price a Passat may the choice customers make. Just a thought.

• Like 1

So a MY17 L&K fully loaded combi is now £40k. It makes me think that VW are trying to clip Skoda's wings. At that price a Passat may the choice customers make. Just a thought.

Never in my case.....as I have mentioned before elsewhere, in my opinion the Passat is pig ugly and its yukky diesel only!

• Like 1

I order on December 12, 2015. Estimate delivery is July / August 2016. I think i will still get MY 2016. 

It is 2.0TSI L&K  4x4  Combi 

Edited by Nazmi

I order on December 12, 2015. Estimate delivery is July / August 2016. I think i will still get MY 2016. 

It is 2.0TSI L&K  4x4  Combi 

Jeez that's some wait Nazmi  :x

Jeez that's some wait Nazmi  :x

At least i can buy the one i want here in Taiwan so i will wait. Tried a few times with Passat but their set configuration is terrible and can not add any options (or take out)

It does make you wonder if VW are leaning on Skoda regarding the L&K spec. If it's a more attractive package than the top spec Passat, of course people will consider it. 

That can't sit well with the top brass at VW. It's just a thought - no tinfoil hats were harmed in the making of this conspiracy  :giggle:

Here they offer 1.4TSI, 1.8TSI or yet to come 2.0TDI on Passat (after the diesel scandal no one dare to buy diesel).

Specs compared side by side, Passat is more expensive and lacking many features.

So obvious choice Skoda.

Audi is another story, much better specs, but crazy high price so no need to mention.

Just specced the same fully loaded L&K 280 as I bought last September when it cost me £38,040, the same car would now cost £41,615 quite a price rise in six months!

................and still no decent metallic colours apart from Petrol Blue  ;)

Edited by philsmith
  • Like 1

VW are trying their best to make the S3 and the L&K in particular an unattractive buy.

Higher prices, lower spec and poor colours.