Model year 2017

Hi,

Do wonder if Skoda have missed a trick --- with a camera mounted ( allready ) on the windscreen could they not add the "bits" needed to turn it into a dashcam ? Come on Skoda.....................

• Like 1

Spoke to Skoda dealer and still quoting Tuner included with 2017MY L&K and Lane Assist too. They will check with Skoda on Monday as not aware of changes discussed on here!! Also a date for the Superb Sportline release in the UK

Hi,

Do wonder if Skoda have missed a trick --- with a camera mounted ( allready ) on the windscreen could they not add the "bits" needed to turn it into a dashcam ? Come on Skoda.....................

I agree, I have wondered that before as well.  It wouldn't take much as you say and how many other manufacturers offer a built-in dash cam?  Could be another Simply Clever feature......

Edited by Superb170
  • Like 1

Hi,

Wellll--- sent the above to S.U.K. for onward transmission to the factory........................................

Now showing when you go onto the UK site:

Please note our car configurator reflects the new Model Year 17 (MY17) specifications and pricing. The remainder of the site reflects the previous MY16 specifications (including fuel efficiency and emissions performance) and pricing, which are still available from stock. If you use the car configurator or order a new MY17 ŠKODA, please be aware that some differences in specification and price will occur. Please speak to your local ŠKODA retailer if you have any queries.[\quote]

Lane assist is still standard according to the configurator. TV tuner shows up as an £850 option. Oddly though, light assist with lane assist and blind spot detection is still showing as a £1,100 option while smart light assist, LA and BSD is only £100? That makes no sense. I'm sure a couple of prices have changed a little too.

Hi,

Those cars that have the camera with the rear view mirror--- there must be a 12 volt supply to it so if Skoda were ( ! :D  ) to put a socket up there it would be possable to use a DashCam without cables "wandering" round the place -- neater . Just dreaming.....................................

The bulk and heat output of HD dash cams is still considerable, especially if mounted in a pod at the top of the windscreen. 

I don't know what resolution the built in camera is, or its refresh rate etc. but i'd be very surprised if it was 1080i/p @ 30fps.

The leasing company who ordered my S3 told me today that they had received a memo from Skoda UK saying that any orders received before May 1st would have the original spec honoured - so TV tuner included FOC when ordering L&K for example. They are pushing for this to be honoured (mine was ordered end of April) but if not then to have "accessories to the same value" as compensation.....

Not sure how this will pan out, but I am prepared to cancel the order if they don't do one or the other....

The leasing company who ordered my S3 told me today that they had received a memo from Skoda UK saying that any orders received before May 1st would have the original spec honoured - so TV tuner included FOC when ordering L&K for example. They are pushing for this to be honoured (mine was ordered end of April) but if not then to have "accessories to the same value" as compensation.....

Not sure how this will pan out, but I am prepared to cancel the order if they don't do one or the other....

You can not be serious? Cancel the order because you don't get the TV tuner? That is honestly one of the greatest I've read here yet :D

You never know who is reading and the message should be loud and clear!!

I'm really not happy to lose £850 worth of kit that I ordered and not get recompense.

It was a knife edge decision whether I go for this or 2 or 3 other manufacturers - I ordered this but have had more than one or two moments when I've wondered if I made the right choice... It's not entirely about the TV tuner - what kind of company am I going to be dealing with for the next 4 years plays a big part in my uncertainty (coming from Mercedes who were always a pleasure to deal with!!)

Edited by Toonaroond
  • Like 1

No I don't know who's reading mate, but to me... What you just wrote sounds like you are ordering cars like you would ask someone at the shoestore to go get a pair one size larger than the one you just tried out and if it doesn't fit you just say thanks and walk out the door... Sorry, but that's how I interpret it :/

Ok mate, I agree and I'm with you, I have no idea how these companies work in the UK, and I'm sure you just want to be treated fairly etc.

I'm doing the "one new car purchase" of my life, because I had the chance, and I really really want this car so badly... And it just sounded to me like you did 't care... Like one little thing would make you cancel the order and go to the next manufakturer or something... Hope you get what you want! And I hope I will too :)

You never know who is reading and the message should be loud and clear!!

I'm really not happy to lose £850 worth of kit that I ordered and not get recompense.

It was a knife edge decision whether I go for this or 2 or 3 other manufacturers - I ordered this but have had more than one or two moments when I've wondered if I made the right choice... It's not entirely about the TV tuner - what kind of company am I going to be dealing with for the next 4 years plays a big part in my uncertainty (coming from Mercedes who were always a pleasure to deal with!!)

I totally agree with you, customer service has to be a key thing when buying an extremely expensive asset like a car - if the company cannot fulfil something simple then how will they deal with warranty etc should you need it? Plenty of people who will be happy to take your money.

Given my situation, the superb was by far one of the best deals I could get on a car in terms of total cost over the period - this includes deals against £10k used cars. Basically a brand new Skoda was just the better overall deal in my eyes had the dealer been useless/not interested I would have walked. Had another manufacturer had such a good deal it would have been something else.

• Like 2

Is it me or have LED rear lights become an option until you get to SE L Exec?

You can add 'Rear LED light package' to an SE on the configurator but that might be an upgrade to the 'High' variant with the crystal cut patterns and the additional red LED strip in the part of the rear light that's built in to the tailgate. The one in the picture is definitely a 'High' variant light.

I'm not 100% sure either way as the configurator is its usual ambiguous mess.  :dull:

Yes, last week of may.

Some new info but not confirmed yet

Nivomat for towbar

New led colors

New rims

8" display for style package

Poslano z mojega Nexus 5X z uporabo Tapatalk

i hope there will be digital dashboard " active info display" too....

We might not see the digital dash until the facelift. Maybe full LED lights as well. 

Or.....we might not see them at all on the Mk3 Superb......They've already nobbled the L&K's spec on the MY17 changes.