Model year 2017

Just specced the same fully loaded L&K 280 as I bought last September when it cost me £38,040, the same car would now cost £41,615 quite a price rise in six months!

................and still no decent metallic colours apart from Petrol Blue  ;)

Wrong! There is one decent colour: Magnetic Brown :clap:  :p  :angel:

• Like 2

I do love the conspiracy theory. It brings out lots of goodies.

S3 has proven to be a very popular car that has been lauded in most sections of the car press. Demand has outstripped supply for a while. Good time to up the price methinks. No conspiracy; just a bit of marketing. Easy enough to give discounts down the road if it doesn't stick. Who is to say that there are not some VW etc price rises coming along?

If it means resale values will also be stronger then I am all for it  :devil:

Because of the MY17 changes/price increase, if I cannot be supplied with the build codes for my new Superb prior to payment/delivery,

I will ask for the VIN code to confirm the build details.

Noted below is an extract of the details for my last Superb... obtained from a VIN decoder service.

The full report was four pages long..... cost me about £6.

My New Superb L&K with many extras has a confirmed Order Date of 31 March 2016, no build date so far, 12 week delivery quoted.

Extract....

-Check your VIN with VIN.SU

VIN: TMBK***********

Model Designation: Superb Combi Elegance

Model: SUP

Date of

production: 30.08.2011

Model year: 2012

Sales type: 3T539C

Engine code: CFGB

Transmission code: NJJ

Axle drive: 6A

Interior trim code: LF

Roof color: 3X

Exterior color / Paint Code: 3X / F4U

8ZF Inside side window antenna

7AL Anti-theft alarm system, passenger compartment control, backup horn and towing

protection

4S1 Armrests for both front seats

9M0 Without auxiliary/parking heater

J0L Battery 340 A (70 Ah)

K8D Station Wagon Variant/Avant

9U1 Brake pad wear indicator

1ZA Disc brakes, front

1KJ Disc brakes, rear

1AT Electronic stabilization program (ESP)

Just specced the same fully loaded L&K 280 as I bought last September when it cost me £38,040, the same car would now cost £41,615 quite a price rise in six months!

................and still no decent metallic colours apart from Petrol Blue  ;)

That's almost a 9.5% price increase. Was that including the extra £850 for the TV tuner too?

Yes added the tv tuner which was not extra cost before.Even if you take off the £850 for that it's still a hefty price rise.

• Like 1

Got this from a dealer today. Interesting dates - this communication is dated 28th April, but refers to another previous communication:

"As communicated previously, all existing customer orders placed up to 1 April 2016 for Superb L&K will be price protected
and supplied with a TV tuner free of charge".

My order was placed on 20th April under the assumption of a MY16 car based on the fact that all of the brochures/website/configurator etc weren't mentioning any changes at all and neither did the dealer when I placed the order (or since). I only knew to ask them about it after reading this thread and the answer was that I would get a MY17 car without the TV Tuner. Their first response - " take it up with Skoda UK" - as if they had no responsibility or duty of care?!? I pointed out that they have a responsibility to sort this out as they took the order and clearly had this information in their possession at the time or very shortly after at worst. We'll see how they deal with it from here before I name and shame!!

Got this from a dealer today. Interesting dates - this communication is dated 28th April, but refers to another previous communication:

"As communicated previously, all existing customer orders placed up to 1 April 2016 for Superb L&K will be price protected

and supplied with a TV tuner free of charge".

My order was placed on 20th April under the assumption of a MY16 car based on the fact that all of the brochures/website/configurator etc weren't mentioning any changes at all and neither did the dealer when I placed the order (or since). I only knew to ask them about it after reading this thread and the answer was that I would get a MY17 car without the TV Tuner. Their first response - " take it up with Skoda UK" - as if they had no responsibility or duty of care?!? I pointed out that they have a responsibility to sort this out as they took the order and clearly had this information in their possession at the time or very shortly after at worst. We'll see how they deal with it from here before I name and shame!!

Bloody hell, wont use photobucket for pics.... can I attach PDFs?

Need to keep working on my picture technique I think :|

In any case, it says there that any CUSTOMER orders received by April 1st will be honoured re TV Tuner i.e. FOC. After that date I assume they relied on the dealers to make customers aware of the changes when placing orders (which mine didn't). In which case, you should be able to demand that they make it right, or get a replacement or refund under the sale of goods act "item not as described" if they deliver a car without it....

Don't you guys feel that Skoda has had life made difficult by their german masters.

Control and restrain.

No wonder that Skoda is in disarray.

I just hope they can get their act together soon.

The WiFi thing is a little ambiguous......lost in translation perhaps.

You can create a WiFi hotspot with the Columbus head unit and an rSAP mobile phone. 

You also have the option of premium WLAN/LTE which includes the SIM card slot in the glovebox. This provides a WiFi hotspot without the need to connect an rSAP phone. 

There's also the SmartGate option as well......because SmartGate........ :|

I think it's more likely that the 8" Amundsen unit will gain the WiFi function alongside the Columbus unit, rather than all cars from SE Business upwards gaining the LTE Sim card option.

That's a ridiculous price! I can't believe it's that expensive, considering it used to be included, surely no one in their right mind would pay that for one? Realistically, how often is anyone actually going to use it? Hardly ever I'd imagine for the majority of people.

Strangely I use it a lot more than I thought I would.

Having said that, I would not have ordered it as an option, it just came with the spec.

• Like 1

Strangely I use it a lot more than I thought I would.

Having said that, I would not have ordered it as an option, it just came with the spec.

I suppose if it's there and you find yourself sat in the car for 5+ minutes for any reason then I guess it would get used.

I wonder what people would pay for it? I'm not sure I would spec it for any cost over about £75, not just because I'm cheap :) mainly because I just don't think it would be worth paying for given how much I'd anticipate using it. E.G. if I was choosing £85 for the colour maxi dot would be a better buy for me because it's something that would be used every time I drove the car.

Talk to my sales and he says until the car arrives they have no idea if it will be MY2016 or MY2017. It will be built somewhere end of May to end of June according to their delivery schedule. Need to wait and see what will it be.

i just hope i get 8" Bolero, and 10 color LED would be nice to have.

Of course the conspiracy theorists could say that more people are buying Skoda than VW so get them to pay for 'Dieselgate' and lower the spec at the same time...,which increases revenue. Win, Win..........

I'll get my coat..............

• Like 1