What's the longest you've had to wait from ordering a car to receiving it?

Tomote

Hi,

Just thought I would pose this question as my dad was looking at getting a new car, Ultima Evolution, and got told for a factory built one it would be 3 years from time of order.....HOLY ****!!!!

So thought I would pose the question here as that seems like a bloody eternity

Tom

When I was a kid, around 7, in my head I was driving a brand new Aston Martin convertible, I still haven't got one.......so does a nearly 50 year wait count ?

As an aside, my late uncle ordered a brand new Morgan in the early 70's, with as I recall a 3 year waiting list, he only kept it 3 months, as it was 'horrible' I don't doubt he made a profit on it though...

• Like 2

The new Tesla goes on sale on the 31st...1k deposit with a build date a couple of years away from the looks of things....even when production begins they are fulfilling American orders first.

Longest I've waited, a couple of weeks but never bought new. Dealers for new cars I'm looking at are quoting 12-20 weeks..

Waited over a year for a Fabia when the 20% off deals were on.

Waited 10 months for our last BMW.

Had a Passat 5 years ago instead of a Superb as the Superb waiting lists at the time were over 6 months.

Lee

Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum but recently took delivery of a Superb 1.4 TSI 150 LE. It was ordered in Sept last year, but due to a change in colour spec (I ordered Rosso Brunello, which was then taken off the options) it had to be re ordered in Nov. Considering the wide range of options I had requested, I think the delay was reasonable. Delivered to my door early Feb.

So far totally delighted with it, and amazed at how well a relatively small engine, 1.4 ltr, can pull this fairly large model. All my previous  Superbs have been 2 ltr diesal turbo.

• Like 1