Do I have a duff Maxidot screen?

Guys & Gals.

Got the new car yesterday and I've noticed this on grey/white band on the maxidot screen.

Is this a defective screen or is it meant to be like that when it has Sat Nav on it.

Your advice would be appreciated.

post-107454-0-87419600-1458757946_thumb.jpg

Youve just made me go out and check mine now.

It is actually there, but nowhere near as pronounced as any of the pictures on this thread. Also, the faint white lines that can be seen on the black section above, extend down through this grey section, getting fainter as they go further south. I think I can just see these on Gizmo's pictures. As i say though, the grey section is nowhere near as pronounced, and whilst I agree with Wanderer that his doesnt look right, mine actually blends in just nicely.

I didn't think my 14-plate car had the grey band - until I checked a photo.  Like JungleJames, it is more of a graduated block than solid grey.

Maxidot.jpg

Thats closer to what mine looks like. May just be the camera, but mine is slightly less prominent still.

Bump!

Any update on this? To my surprise "grey bar feature" auto-magically popped on my Color Maxidot aswell. On Friday it was all smooth with a gradient transition and on Sunday suddenly it turned solid grey :/

I'm a bit disappointed as my Octy is 5 months old... will visit dealer, but was hoping that maybe someone solved it already. Seems to me like it's some sort of a software issue rather than hardware.

Bump!

Any update on this? To my surprise "grey bar feature" auto-magically popped on my Color Maxidot aswell. On Friday it was all smooth with a gradient transition and on Sunday suddenly it turned solid grey :/

I'm a bit disappointed as my Octy is 5 months old... will visit dealer, but was hoping that maybe someone solved it already. Seems to me like it's some sort of a software issue rather than hardware.

Can it be that it somehow changed apperance due to change from standard time to daylight savings time the night between saturday and sunday. I know it sounds very stupid but since two users have experienced the change in apperance on sunday who knows.

/Janne

Can it be that it somehow changed apperance due to change from standard time to daylight savings time the night between saturday and sunday. I know it sounds very stupid but since two users have experienced the change in apperance on sunday who knows.

/Janne

Well, I just tried to play with the clock settings and nope, no change. Solid grey bar is still there. But thanks for the hint!

/Janne

Doesnt look like it. My car has changed to BST, and still got the graduated grey bar. ie not solid.

Sometimes I hate this forum... Never used to be an issue for me until I noticed my solid grey bar and have an inkling that it might not be "right"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Took awhile, but I finally made it to the dealer ... and apparently it's all OK. They said it is works perfectly fine and that grey bar was there since day 1. :/

I checked brand new Scout that was sitting on a display and unfortunately it had exact same bar as my car. I don't know what to think, as both me and my wife are quite positive that it was not solid grey when we bought it. Maybe there are two types of color MaxiDots?

I might try to email Skoda Auto Poland, but last time it took them like 3 months to respond so I don't know if I want to bother myself.

Anyways, wanted to give you an update.

Cheers!

Z.

Edited by zematis