Looking to buy new (2nd hand) superb -help

Hi guys,

My girlfriend is looking at buying a new car, something, ocatvia/superb/mondeo size, due to big boot space, which is essential.

I have found a superb (i believe MK 2), but the price seems too good to be true, is that just me or is it too good to be true? For a 2015 (65) registered Dec 2015, 100 miles on clock (pretty much brand new), £13,995, is that a fair price or ridiculously cheap?

links for the car:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201602050755407?radius=1500&transmission=automatic&searchcontext=default&fuel-type=petrol&model=superb&postcode=AL8%207EN&maximum-badge-engine-size=2.0&page=2&search-target=usedcars&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&make=skoda&sort=default&logcode=p

http://www.coopersplacecars.com/skoda-superb-2.0-tsi-dsg-elegance-8b006729f30f4f39a016a5a3011c6039

It is detailed as an Elegance, but other searches produce 'Se tsi', could someone tell me if they are different, and if so which is this one? also what extras does it have over what would be standard, for the trim level?

i have seen another, older and many more miles, for alittle cheaper http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201602291498608?model=superb&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&fuel-type=petrol&transmission=automatic&make=skoda&sort=default&radius=1500&searchcontext=default&page=1&postcode=AL8%207EN&maximum-badge-engine-size=2.0&search-target=usedcars&logcode=p

so maybe the price is about right?

Many Thanks

They are actually a few years old and were actually exported to Singapore or somewhere like that but were repossessed before being sold. Someone has bought them and brought them back from over there and are selling them here. There are some differences from UK spec cars like not having heated seats etc.... And there will be no Skoda warranty with them etc. Also the cars will have been stood doing nothing for something like three or four years.

There is another post discussing these very cars elsewhere in this section.

• Like 1

They are actually a few years old and were actually exported to Singapore or somewhere like that but were repossessed before being sold. Someone has bought them and brought them back from over there and are selling them here. There are some differences from UK spec cars like not having heated seats etc.... And there will be no Skoda warranty with them etc. Also the cars will have been stood doing nothing for something like three or four years.

There is another post discussing these very cars elsewhere in this section.

Really? How did you find that out?

It is a different spec to standard UK Superbs - Alcantara/Leather seats found on SE but Keyless Entry and Columbus found on Elegance.

It is a different spec to standard UK Superbs - Alcantara/Leather seats found on SE but Keyless Entry and Columbus found on Elegance.

Just going on what was in the original thread about them....... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/390997-65-plate-20-tsi-elegance/

• Like 1

well its obvious they have been sat about a while, a 15 plate that isn't a face lift model is rare.

I don't think they are that good value TBH considering its been sitting about, maybe if it was a diesel model but I think the pre FL shape looks dated, especially the saloon model. (but I do have a biased opinion :D )

Just for reference I bought a 15 plate estate at the end of October last year in SE business spec with full heated leather, manual 2.0TDI, with less than 7K on the clock for 17,300 and that's the face lift shape

The one at 12 grand looks like a genuine car that's been used and at least it has heated leather

Edited by SuperbTWM

well its obvious they have been sat about a while, a 15 plate that isn't a face lift model is rare.

I don't think they are that good value TBH considering its been sitting about, maybe if it was a diesel model but I think the pre FL shape looks ugly, especially the saloon model. (but I do have a biased opinion :D ) I would want to change the timing belt immediately (or does the petrol have a chain?)and take the pads off and apply some copper grease to make sure they have not rusted to the carriers as well.

Are you saying my Ellie is ugly?!?!?!?!?!? ;)

Petrol is chain I believe.

• Like 1

Just going on what was in the original thread about them....... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/390997-65-plate-20-tsi-elegance/

Cheers - WaveyDavey.

Obviously I can tell they've been sat around for ages. Mk2 on a '65 plate !

Biggest issue could be lack of warranty from Skoda - you'd have to contact them direct to enquire.

Are you saying my Ellie is ugly?!?!?!?!?!? ;)

Petrol is chain I believe.

Sorry, I don't think the blue colour does it justice really, the silver one looks miles better for some reason.

The lack of skoda warranty would put me right off as well. Its never been tested properly on the road so it could have a serious defect with engine or gearbox that could be costly down the road

Thanks for the feedback!

I did not realise they were so old, and definitely didn't know that they are bankrupt stock. I assumed as it was nearly new that they would have warranty, but as many have mentioned it would be unlikely. As these cars have been imported, back and forth, would these cars be classed as 'imports' or as it is first registered in the uk, what does it count as? Insurance wise this may have an impact.

Also when looking around i have been looking for Sub 20k mile cars, usually 1 to 2 year old. But if it was older and still low mileage is that not a good thing then. I know a car sitting around is not great, but is there a benefit, e.g. petrol vs diesel, to sitting around? and is it better to have sat around idle, or is it worth taking a risk on higher mileage, with abit more wear and tear on components? 

as many have alluded to, it may not be as good as it initially seemed to me, but this advise is helping me shape my idea of what to look for in the 'right' car.

Thanks

Many new cars sit around in fields and pounds for months/years....all makes and models. That would not concern me provided all fluids/fuel are fresh and air-con gas checked. With that mileage (as new ish) the company selling should be able to sell with a decent independent warranty included, non franchise.

The issue is the price. £13k too rich....£9-10k worth looking at I would have thought. The flip side is that there are a lot of decent used 'UK' registered cars out there if that is an issue...buy on history not mileage.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do...A Superb is a great choice. Lovely car for the money and no badge snobbery in sight ;)

Dave

• Like 1